Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

DoodlePoodle

VIP Member
Oh wow that was lovely to see 😍
I really felt for Camilla. She looked so overwhelmed! I felt like they wanted to hold hands but just kept bumping their arms against each other for support. I’m so glad he has her.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Whoever said they thought Tony Blair was good looking, I think as he’s got older he’s got a look of Cliff Richard about him 😂

• Haha
  • Sick

Libbylulu

VIP Member
You know, tattle has a bad rep but it’s the only place I’ve felt safe to read or even state my sadness for the past day. My Facebook newsfeed has been filled with so many disrespectful memes and status’ about the queen. It’s really fucking sad.
Yesterday I was so grateful for this thread. It helped me enormously xxx

• Heart

bubbadabut

VIP Member
I wonder if we'll see a wave of Elizabeths being born in the next few weeks. It is a lovely name.

Eureka

VIP Member
Remember their most recent visit to Ireland and they requested to meet the family of Ashling Murphy who had been randomly murdered in broad daylight a bit before?
God I’d forgotten that. Such a lovely thing to do. They do seem more down to earth than the Queen and a bit more empathetic to normal people which I think explains why people feel that they can touch and kiss him. And that’s not a bad thing. It’s a different world now and the stuffiness of his mums early years has gone. He needs to embrace it.

Citney

VIP Member
I’ve woken up today feeling really sad; I’m surprised by how sad I feel. I am a royalist through and through but I can’t say her passing was a great shock to me. I am just reminded of what a great woman she was. The photo montages of her are wonderful. She was a beautiful woman.

One thing that really clutched at my heart yesterday was seeing Prince William driving Edward, Sophie and Andrew into Balmoral. Im pretty sure they could’ve been driven in separate cars and by chauffeurs or whatever but seeing him do it was the mark of the man he is. I’m aware this might sound corny and I don’t think I’ve explained it well, but there you go.
You explained it perfectly, I too was touched by the photo of Prince William driving his Uncles to be with their Mother.

Emsie

VIP Member
Catherine and William moving into that smaller house in Windsor was, in hindsight, just going to be temporary. I think everyone knew that she would not last the year. As the kids have just started a new school in the area, I wonder if they will move to the castle itself?

I feel numb. I am not a fan of the royal family, but I admired the Queen greatly, particularly in the last few years. She was a constant in a country/world that seemed to be moving at a fast pace, often under unsettling circumstances. She was a comfort. We were lucky to have her for so long. An amazing woman, I think it will take a while for her loss to sink in. We genuinely will not see her like again.
It's mad to think in my lifetime I'm likely to see another monarch after Charles when the Queen was around for so long. Charles is what in his early 70s?

anon60

I guess we really don’t know what’s going on, there may have been stuff to sort out last night and it was agreed he could go today to go back to his wife, who knows.

Like I said in a previous thread there was quite a lot of family drama when my granny passed away and I’m just glad it wasn’t in the papers.

I kind of feel like his comings and going’s shouldn’t really matter at the moment, but obviously people will focus on it as it’s a source of curiosity and interest I suppose.

Catching up a bit on the coverage and it’s just so sad. Still get a bit of a jolt every time “the King” is mentioned and it will be very surreal and sad to see him in person for the first time.

I can’t quite believe we will not see the Queen again and when her coffin is brought out to leave Balmoral I think that will have a huge impact.

I am staying away from certain internet sites and places because I just don’t want to listen to the noise. I’m sticking with the BBC and Tattle (what a combo 😂) ❤
I feel everytime time I hear “ the King” I’ve time travelled into the 50s!

I think the news are using “King Charles the Third” purely because we are all getting used to it. In time, when the novelty wears off. it will just be “the King” and will sound normal to us.
I’ve noticed they are saying just the king now

wafflesnwings

VIP Member
This is my favourite photo I have seen of the queen. I think she looks so beautiful .
Mine too (makes me want to buy a Bardot shoulder-style black dress now). She was so elegant, timeless and regal - at every age in her life, she always looked like a refined head of state. The company I work for is sending a letter of condolence to the Royal Family; I was very touched that they thought to do this

Libbylulu

VIP Member
I'm sorry to be insensitive but is anyone else wondering how she died? It's hard to get your head around when she was up and working just on Tuesday.
She was probably already very ill. The Palace has been drip feeding us news for a while. Possibly The Queen made an extra effort to see Boris and Trus. She looked incredibly frail and and significantly older in only 3 months since the jubilee

Eureka

VIP Member
Charles and Camilla were on eastenders and were absolutely marvellous so for that alone I like them. Camilla is also a great spokeswoman for women’s issues so kudos to her for that.

• Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member

Not sure if this was posted already but a lovely message from the Queen of Denmark to The King ❤
Queen Margrethe and the Queen were very close friends - I believe they used their nicknames for each other (Daisy and Lilibet) when they spoke.

• Heart

Popcorn&Peanuts

My husband told me the morning before he died “ I feel better today” !
It's a common phenomenom called the surge before death or terminal lucidity. It's sad because you become hopeful at the change thinking the person is recovering.

Reactions: 16

cantthinkofaname2

Chatty Member
Yeah my mother didnt speak for a week, then started answering questions for a day or two. Then, gone
My husband told me the morning before he died “ I feel better today” !

Telling that one of her last visits before going to balmoral was to open a hospice
[/QUOTE]

The death rally is a common thing. Like they get one last burst of energy/lease of life. I’m forever grateful my dad got his on Christmas Day/Boxing Day. It may have been in a hospital but my daughter, his only grandchild, at least has photos of her and her grandad on her first Christmas

• Heart

theGC

VIP Member
Anyone else struggling to sleep? The Queen always reminded me of my Nan and I its like its making me feel that loss all over again?

• Heart