The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I was was a child in the late 90s/early 00s, I had only ever seen the Queen's children as middle-aged and honestly, not very attractive adults.

So imagine my surprise when I saw their younger pictures and realised they were all very attractive, including Edward who was quite handsome in his early 20's and Anne who was very, very pretty.

I don't understand what's happened as both the Queen and Phillip were attractive people in their youth. And the scary thing is, none of them have escaped. It's especially obvious in William's case as the constrast between his youthful golden prince days and now is jarring.

The addition of the Middleton genes can only be a good thing.
The Queen was pretty and Princess Margaret was beautiful.
A lot of blokes from the late 1800’s were peas in a pod … Edward ViI, King George V and Tsar Nicholas obviously swam in the same gene pool. Prince Michael of Kent seems to be the last of them.

Reactions: 6
Prince Philip was a beautiful man when younger. He really resembled a Greek god. No wonder HM eyed him up at 13 and said: "All mine". I can't believe how unattractive their children are - especially Prince Charles. He really picked up every bad feature.

Reactions: 10
Unattractive genes almost always triumph over attractive ones for some reason. Occasionally people bypass this when they’re mixed race (I’ve seen some stunning people come from scary looking parents) but every single person I’ve met with one ugly and one good looking parent usually ends up looking like the less attractive one over time even if they were cute as kids. Doesn’t make any Darwinian sense but there it is. You see it when ugly billionaires marry supermodels, and their kids almost always turn out like the billionaire. Luckily daddy has the cash to fix things up (I.e.: Ivanka Trump, Beckham kids).
Tiffany Trump, oh God yes. But ivanka was a beautiful child, her Mother was naturally stunning. I’m willing to bet she’s never had to have anything changed. Could have been a very successful child model.

Reactions: 1
Tiffany Trump, oh God yes. But ivanka was a beautiful child, her Mother was naturally stunning. I’m willing to bet she’s never had to have anything changed. Could have been a very successful child model.
Yes, Tiffany is very unfortunate looking!

Reactions: 3
Marla Maples was very attractive, but I always wondered what the Original Maples nose looked like. Then when pics started coming out of Tiffany, one has to wonder what the original stock looked like.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
When I was was a child in the late 90s/early 00s, I had only ever seen the Queen's children as middle-aged and honestly, not very attractive adults.

So imagine my surprise when I saw their younger pictures and realised they were all very attractive, including Edward who was quite handsome in his early 20's and Anne who was very, very pretty.

I don't understand what's happened as both the Queen and Phillip were attractive people in their youth. And the scary thing is, none of them have escaped. It's especially obvious in William's case as the constrast between his youthful golden prince days and now is jarring.

The addition of the Middleton genes can only be a good thing.
Philip was fairly attractive well into his 70's for a 70 year old. He is another example of the Windsor ugly stick prevailing over what you would think would be quite strong genes!
I wonder if its something to do with Queen Victoria? Her and Albert were not attractive by any stretch of the imagination, were related to each other anyway, and then spread their ugly genes through all the Royal houses of Europe. Then their ancestors married each other, perpetuating the shallow gene pool. They are lucky they are just ugly.

I wonder if the potential future partners of the princes have to go through a screening to make sure they have the best genetics to breed with
I was thinking about this. I'm not sure they could do more than screen for hereditary diseases. But for a lot of them, you would need to screen both parents because you would need genes from both sides because both parents would have to be carriers. I doubt the Royals would want to risk all their dodgy genetic material being known if, for example a disgruntled employee or former member decided to tell all!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
Really?! Ivanka has had a TON of work done.

1659615345962.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Just thinking how lucky to be born into such privilege and power. It is like winning the Euromillions. Someone has to be I know but it's just incredible. If I was born into that level of privilege, I think I'd be thanking my lucky stars every single day. It's actually quite irritating.

I would consider myself more fortunate than about half of the world's population and my family have always been working class. But where I'm born, how much money my family had, my education etc.

I have done better than 50% (likely more than that) of the world, especially taking into consideration poverty and opportunities in developing countries. But it's nothing compared to being part of the british royal family.

Reactions: 5
Just thinking how lucky to be born into such privilege and power. It is like winning the Euromillions. Someone has to be I know but it's just incredible. If I was born into that level of privilege, I think I'd be thanking my lucky stars every single day. It's actually quite irritating.

I would consider myself more fortunate than about half of the world's population and my family have always been working class. But where I'm born, how much money my family had, my education etc.

I have done better than 50% (likely more than that) of the world, especially taking into consideration poverty and opportunities in developing countries. But it's nothing compared to being part of the british royal family.
But you wouldn’t know any different. That’s half their problem - they want to try to show they’re “normal” like us, but they aren’t. They won’t be thanking their lucky stars every day because for them it’s just the way it is - and like with every “the grass is greener” situation, they probably wish they’d been born into a quiet (but rich 🤣) family that weren’t in the spotlight ALL the time!

Reactions: 12
I love Sophie but wish she would dress her daughter the same way she dresses. Sophie always looks amazing but the daughter always looks very dowdy

Reactions: 8
I love Sophie but wish she would dress her daughter the same way she dresses. Sophie always looks amazing but the daughter always looks very dowdy
I agree. She’s a teenager - I find it quite sad that she dresses like a middle aged housewife from the home counties.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I wonder if the potential future partners of the princes have to go through a screening to make sure they have the best genetics to breed with. I never considered it before, but it would make sense wouldn't it. I guess the only one (that I know of) who didn't come from privilege/aristocratic background is Kate Middleton. Most of the wives of the royal males have come from aristocracy have they not?
There isn’t much precedence for modern times though. Kate and Meghan are the first females to marry into the royal household in a long time. Sophie was actually the first, but even she married long after Fergie and Diana and Edward was already 5th in line then. I think it’s safe to say that aristocratic wives will be in the minority for the big positions. It’s more the lower ranks of aristocracy that love to stay in their own hunting grounds.

Reactions: 5
I think that's the problem - Sophie dresses her in her old cast offs. The Royal Women always dress so dowdy (Kate) or unflattering (Beatrice) i would gladly give up more of my taxes for them to hire a stylist.

No way does she wear her mother's cast offs, Sophie dresses fab as does Kate and Beatrice (now!)

Reactions: 2
Ok, she should raid her mum's wardrobe more often
I thought that was one of her better looks too! Her outfits are usually really frumpy in comparison to her mother's. Louise gives me the impression that she's had a really sheltered upbringing and she's really naive and old fashioned as a result. Obviously I'm totally projecting but she just seems really innocent or something. I know Beatrice and Eugenie wore some horrors but at least they were experimenting and they looked like they were having fun. Poor Louise just looks really dowdy. Sophie could do better there I think.
Is she finished school yet? Haven't heard anything about her going to college or anything yet.

Reactions: 9
I think she was sheltered as a girl because of her eye issues … then there was the whole skirt blowing up at Eugien’s wedding, which must have been awful for her … and she does seem someone happier when she’s outdoorsy and with horses, so she’s probably just not that bothered about clothes :D

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.