The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is true. Why would you even go there? Princess Anne allegedly was shagging Camilla's husband, and that's icky enough, and one of Phils mistresses was apparently Princess Alexandra, the Queens cousin.
Yep, keep it in your own circle … everyone knows the ‘rules’ . There might be a few hints and rumours leak out - but it’s only when you step outside the circle that the trouble really starts.

Reactions: 6
Nothing shocking they are usually far more promiscuous than the middle or working classes.
I think someone said earlier in the thread that the aristos and the working class are the same, but the middle class are the outliers with their obsession with fidelity and vanilla sex! Maybe because the Upper and Lower class are as old as time, whereas the middle class is quite new in relative terms!

Reactions: 5
I think someone said earlier in the thread that the aristos and the working class are the same, but the middle class are the outliers with their obsession with fidelity and vanilla sex! Maybe because the Upper and Lower class are as old as time, whereas the middle class is quite new in relative terms!
I'm an outlier 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 3
The aristos and the working class are the same … it’s just the words used to describe the behaviour are … different.

Reactions: 13
A generic comment, not all aristocrats sleep with anything that moves, for example the Queen or her father and now the working class are often more socially conservative than the graduate middle classes.

The Bible and Koran and Torah have also been around for over a 1000 years and set the tone for morality. There have also been middle class lawyers, doctors, teachers, academics, merchants etc for centuries too, even if the 20th century and rising university attendance moved more into the middle class and service sector jobs

A generic comment, not all aristocrats sleep with anything that moves, for example the Queen or her father and now the working class are often more socially conservative than the graduate middle classes.

The Bible and Koran and Torah have also been around for over a 1000 years and set the tone for morality. There have also been middle class lawyers, doctors, teachers, academics, merchants etc for centuries too, even if the 20th century and rising university attendance moved more into the middle class and service sector jobs
I'd say all of the professions you mentioned, until about 200 years or so ago were made up by the aristocracy. And as we know from the Victorian era, morality often meant ( and still does, often in religious communities) outwards showing of moral purity but secret depravity.

Reactions: 4
I'd say all of the professions you mentioned, until about 200 years or so ago were made up by the aristocracy. And as we know from the Victorian era, morality often meant ( and still does, often in religious communities) outwards showing of moral purity but secret depravity.
Not necessarily, Thomas Wolsey became Lord High Chancellor of England and was son of a butcher. Aristocrats too were generally either in the army or the church if they were not the main heir, not doctors or lawyers or merchants

Reactions: 1
Not necessarily, Thomas Wolsey became Lord High Chancellor of England and was son of a butcher. Aristocrats too were generally either in the army or the church if they were not the main heir, not doctors or lawyers or merchants
I think you are conflating Aristocracy and upper class. The ennobled Aristocracy of old tended towards running riot around Europe, service to the crown, commissioned in the armed forces or the church.
Lawyers and Medicine was more the provinces of the landed gentry/upper class.

I think it’s safe to say that Thomas Wolsey was the exception to the rule … and the cause of a lot of his troubles. The status was quo’d (briefly) by his successor who was the son of a judge with a more acceptable pedigree. Until the whole high treason, loss of head stuff. Tricky times.

Reactions: 6
I don’t think any of them could beat Princess Margaret could they? If she lived on a council estate, she would have been called all the words beginning with ‘s’ you could think of. Set it in a castle and on private island and it transmogrifies in ‘party girl’.

I think, if he hadn't been so splendidly cuckolded by the tabloids, Andrew would have been happy to Stay married to Fergie.
When a poor girl sleeps around she is called a slut. When an aristo girl does the same, she is dubbed ''it girl'' and ''la bohemme''. :m :devilish:

Prince Michael of Kents father Prince George was well known for his various trysts with both women and men and spent a lot of his time languishing in opium dens etc
View attachment 1457455
He reminds me of Brendan Fraser.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
An equally funny story this week is the woman who came into possession of Harry's boxers after the infamous Vegas trip has decided to sell them because he's 'become boring'.

Being Royal in the age of the internet is not for the faint hearted. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think you are conflating Aristocracy and upper class. The ennobled Aristocracy of old tended towards running riot around Europe, service to the crown, commissioned in the armed forces or the church.
Lawyers and Medicine was more the provinces of the landed gentry/upper class.

I think it’s safe to say that Thomas Wolsey was the exception to the rule … and the cause of a lot of his troubles. The status was quo’d (briefly) by his successor who was the son of a judge with a more acceptable pedigree. Until the whole high treason, loss of head stuff. Tricky times.
To be upper class you generally have to be aristocracy or at least have a title. If you were a lawyer or doctor without either you were upper middle class not upper class, even if a few may have been landed gentry and come from the lowest tier of upper class

I need evidence on Williams indiscretions or it didn’t happen.
Tampongate was recorded, it happened and very unsavoury it was! I need that type of evidence to support stories - otherwise it is just daft gossip.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.