The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have seen people declaring they would cancel Netflix subscription if Harry's documentary is aired. FFS, why are people so triggered?
Netflix's woes are not down to H&M. It's down to a decline in content and the fact got thoroughly sick of bingewatching during the various lockdowns.

But I agree some people are waaay too triggered by public figures they don't personally know and most likely will never even meet.

Reactions: 12
This Sussex vs Cambridge thing is so stupid. You say anything against the Cambridges and then suddenly you’re part of the ‘Sussex squad’ which is such a childish remark. I was accused of that a few days ago because god forbid you have a thought that doesn’t bathe Kate and William in glory.
As for the pegging story I think it could be true. I also believe that William has shagged about and continues to and Kate just puts up with it.

Pure gutter scum.
I don’t think what Meghan and Harry did was that great but I think people are waaay too emotional over it. Pure gutter scum? I would say there are people who are worse and have done worse who deserve that title. It’s like when people keep calling Meghan a bleep. Yes she hasn’t behaved in a great way but calling her names and the such is just a bit pathetic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
This Sussex vs Cambridge thing is so stupid. You say anything against the Cambridges and then suddenly you’re part of the ‘Sussex squad’ which is such a childish remark. I was accused of that a few days ago because god forbid you have a thought that doesn’t bathe Kate and William in glory.
As for the pegging story I think it could be true. I also believe that William has shagged about and continues to and Kate just puts up with it.
I didn’t accuse you of being part of the “Sussex Squad” I said that the narrative of PW silencing his mother was one being pushed by Sussex stans.

If anyone doubts the invisible contract between the British press and the royals, consider this - #princeofpegging was the #1 trending topic in the UK on Twitter yesterday, and in the top 10 in the US, Australia and several other countries but there is NO mention, not even a hint as far as I saw, on the Daily Mail.

Yet, when Meghan's OBGYN closed her practice - a private citizen doing a totally normal, personal thing - there was a full-blown article complete with pictures of the poor woman and a thousand DM banshees wailing and moaning and gnashing their teeth about her decision.

But no no, they're all treated the same by the media, you know... 🙄

Reactions: 18
Yet, when Meghan's OBGYN closed her practice - a private citizen doing a totally normal, personal thing - there was a full-blown article complete with pictures of the poor woman and a thousand DM banshees wailing and moaning and gnashing their teeth about her decision.
Why was this such a big story?

If anyone doubts the invisible contract between the British press and the royals, consider this - #princeofpegging was the #1 trending topic in the UK on Twitter yesterday, and in the top 10 in the US, Australia and several other countries but there is NO mention, not even a hint as far as I saw, on the Daily Mail.

But no no, they're all treated the same by the media, you know... 🙄
The story of William came from an instagram gossip page, if any news source commented on it they’d be at risk of being sued for libel. Something being trending doesn’t make it a newsworthy event, especially if it was started by a gossip page

Reactions: 7
The story of William came from an instagram gossip page, if any news source commented on it they’d be at risk of being sued for libel. Something being trending doesn’t make it a newsworthy event, especially if it was started by a gossip page

Sure it's gossip, but when has that ever stopped the british press from reporting about others? If something was trending to such an extent about anyone the DM did not like, they would have something to say it.

And make no mistake...I do not expect a newspaper to headline their online site with a deuxmoi post...but at the very least, some mention would be made if it were anyone other than the RF, even if only use to the term 'allegedly' a hundred times. How often do we see the DM employ 'anonymous sources' that probably likely do not even exist. It seems that fabrication and conjecture is only good enough for some.

Why was this such a big story?

I was wondering the same so I just took a gander at some of the comments and now it makes sense. Turns out that the crazies believed that she threatneded her doctor to keep her secret re: Lilibet being a surrogate so according to the theory, H&M paid off the doctor to keep to the story of delivering Lili and out of fear, she closed her practice.

• Haha
  • Wow
That's the thing. This stuff is a hobby for some.
It’s like teenage girls fighting over their favourite boy band member. One side hates the other side and they’re all as bad as each other. Most are harmless but away with the fairies but some are absolutely disgusting.

Reactions: 9
Tell that to the Dialy Mail … it’s half their ‘sources’ on everything :D

It’s like teenage girls fighting over their favourite boy band member. One side hates the other side and they’re all as bad as each other. Most are harmless but away with the fairies but some are absolutely disgusting.
It’s like the people who believe Benedict Cumberbatch’s wife blackmailed him into marriage and runs the world from an underground bunker and has robobabies/uses the children of staff … or the people who wanted to tip up the pram of the offspring of the exOne Directioner to prove it was a robobaby (it seems there’s a theme running though … I’m assuming there is a online manual?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
It’s like the people who believe Benedict Cumberbatch’s wife blackmailed him into marriage and runs the world from an underground bunker and has robobabies/uses the children of staff … or the people who wanted to tip up the pram of the offspring of the exOne Directioner to prove it was a robobaby (it seems there’s a theme running though … I’m assuming there is a online manual?)
Christ on a bike, how did I manage to avoid all of that? 🤯 Don’t get me wrong, I love a bit of gossip but some people lose all sense of reality. I’ve never been into elaborate conspiracy theories as the simplest explanation is usually the most likely.

• Haha
Christ on a bike, how did I manage to avoid all of that? 🤯 Don’t get me wrong, I love a bit of gossip but some people lose all sense of reality. I’ve never been into elaborate conspiracy theories as the simplest explanation is usually the most likely.
I'm here for the fun, a bit of distraction. But really when it comes to gossip, unless the subject of the gossip confirms something or someone confirms they were in the same room when such and such happened, well it's just, eh, tattle.

But it's scary how obsessed people get. Scarier still a lot of them are hopefully otherwise rational middle aged people!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There was a thread on Digital Spy Showbiz section before the curtain came down called something like Larries and other Tin Hats … it should still be there if searched for. It was always good for a laugh.

Reactions: 2
The personal level some of those gossip stuff goes to and the strong feelings some people have around them is pretty worrisome to be honest. If I would get so up in arms about them, I hope someone would give me a smack on the head and take away my internet access.
Agree. That is the case with do many celebs. Who has he time to round hours researching fondpiracy theories or the brain space to be so up in arms over someone badmouthing their own family? It's not a personal insult if someone criticises the Royals and doesn't like the way one member of their own family spoke about their unborn child.

Reactions: 4
Is this a thing? They can change their name?
Yes. British monarchs can change their name upon succession. It's called their regnal name. Queen Victoria was actually christened Alexadrina but preferred her middle name Victoria.

Reactions: 2

Why? I mean, they could have claimed he prefers reverse Cowgirl? It’s so random. Why could this be true? Or what’s given you any indication this could have more merit to it than the seventh twin girl pregnancy surprise for Kate? Of course it could be true, but why would this claim be any less possible than any other claim about his preferences? If we believe someone in the know would talk and it goes to such an outlet, we should believe any claim.

I can see him having some well planned and even better hidden extra marital activities. But we will never know about them if so. Certainly not something as messy as an affair. I think he is way too calculating for this. He is too invested in the “perfect family” narrative. The not as emotional over the top as his parents. The responsible, calm guy you can depend on. More like his grandmother. If so, Kate might know or not. If she is ok with it, why not. There are surprisingly many couples that have arranged for a free pass and such. If she is not ok with it- well that would indeed suck and I hope she would do what she needs to be happy (be it a separation/divorce or getting over him but staying for the rank and have her own extra marital think going).

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.