The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am 64 and have only ever known this Queen I will find it very odd when she does die and Charles takes over. My mother had seen 2 Kings and a Queen in her lifetime.

Reactions: 6
I think the hardest to get used to will be singing the national anthem and changing Queen to King.
And think of all the things that have ER on them that aren't easily or quickly replaceable - like postboxes! I mean, who's going to go to the bother and cost of changing all that, when we all know Charles isn't every going to be king very long in the grand scheme of things.

And think of all the things that have ER on them that aren't easily or quickly replaceable - like postboxes! I mean, who's going to go to the bother and cost of changing all that, when we all know Charles isn't every going to be king very long in the grand scheme of things.
Oh I love old postboxes, saw a Victorian and a George VI one this week! They'll only replace old ones with 'Charles' ones when they're too damaged :)

Reactions: 6
I used to use one that was still VR!!!

Reactions: 7
Oh I love old postboxes, saw a Victorian and a George VI one this week! They'll only replace old ones with 'Charles' ones when they're too damaged :)
I can embarrassingly say I got quite excited when I saw my first Victoria one. I asked my dad if he’d ever seen one because he’s been a postman for 25+ years and he had no idea what I was on about, he hadn’t even noticed they had different letters on😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you think Charles will keep this name when he becomes King or chose another?

Reactions: 1
Pre-decimal loads of coins still had George V on. Even post-decimal before the 5p’s shrunk there were still George VI shillings doing the rounds :D

I think people will start saying "Prince..." then check themselves and say "King Charles"
I think the strangest thing will be someone talking about The Prince of Wales and it being William :D
wonder how long it will take Charles to stop answering to it!

You mean cos he won't want to have a spaniels name? 😂🙄
🤣😂 I think it’s more because George is considered a good, sturdy House of Windsor name and Charles more Stewart … and Charles also a bit of an unlucky name king wise due to the whole head lopped off/exile situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
A new name would distance him from all his past mistakes and finally Diana and the Charles and Diana phrase/ photos. It would be confusing for the trash press to keep mentioning them without having to mention how he was prince Charles then and now king George.

Reactions: 1
The new ones only have a stainless steel ER plate attached to them now so they are easy to replace.
Love the old style ones.

Reactions: 2
They actually still exist in Ireland from those times (British rule). Upon independence they just painted them green.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.