The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean you said ‘I'm not sure where this narrative has come from that Megan was a very successful actress’. An actress who has consistent work for 7 years in a highly rated cable show earning $50,000 an episode I would class as very successful. Yes she wasn’t a Hollywood powerhouse but I would still say she was very successful at her job.
I won't argue over the expression very successful ... it depends what you think is successful. Yes, successful in terms of fairly well paid in long term employment or was she Angelina Jolie?

She was doing ok. Like Sophie Wessex was doing ok until she married Edward.

Reactions: 6
I think The Queen insists on the curtseying within the family. I think when she goes a lot of the 1920's attitude will go with her.
I think so too. TQ is 96 and literally, old fashioned. She was brought up surrounded by protocol and rules.

Reactions: 6
I think The Queen insists on the curtseying within the family. I think when she goes a lot of the 1920's attitude will go with her.
Do you think that will include the racism, the tax avoidance and paying off a trafficked woman who was a victim of one of their family members?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I think so too. TQ is 96 and literally, old fashioned. She was brought up surrounded by protocol and rules.
To be fair, they all are still.
Any institution has has a grown man bowing to a toddler and calling them ‘sir’ is operating in somewhat of a bubble.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
To be fair, they all are still.
Any institution has has a grown man bowing to a toddler and calling them ‘sir’ is operating in somewhat of a bubble.
In hope they're not still doing that are they?!
I do think that there will be big changes in protocol once the Queen dies. William in particular will have to make things seem less stuffy. The Queen can get away with this sort of thing because she's the Queen but William won't be able to.

Reactions: 4
In hope they're not still doing that are they?!
I do think that there will be big changes in protocol once the Queen dies. William in particular will have to make things seem less stuffy. The Queen can get away with this sort of thing because she's the Queen but William won't be able to.

He did get bollocked by the Queen for crouching down to talk to his son on the balcony despite all his years being a royal so it looks likely.

• Wow
Reactions: 5

He did get bollocked by the Queen for crouching down to talk to his son on the balcony despite all his years being a royal so it looks likely.
I love this video, I believe still HM had no issue when William was supporting P.George but when he turned around having the chats with Catherine and Harry she called him out to tow the line 😂🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I love this video, I believe still HM had no issue when William was supporting P.George but when he turned around having the chats with Catherine and Harry she called him out to tow the line 😂🤦🏼‍♀️
Reminds me of when Harry was telling Meghan to turn round on the balcony when she kept turning round to talk. Maybe there's a rule not to turn your back on the public.

Reactions: 4
Ha I've not seen this before. All affectionate gazing at him whilst he's talking to George then you're taking the piss now Bill, get up 🤣

• Haha
Oh right, I put in the date just in case anyone asked when that period was when it was high rated.
I’m not having a go at you, I read the article online that quotes this and found it oddly specific. A bit like saying that I cooked the best Spag Bol but the parameters are in my home, tonight. Looking only at that one month and only cable excludes a tonne of shows that were rating much higher than Suits not only in July 2017 but the whole of the year.

I’m not suggesting for a minute that no one watched Suits but it’s ratings were not that that of a high rated show.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Just stupidly been on twitter and clicked on a hastag relating to the duchess of Cambridge. Wish I hadn't have done. What absolute outright racist and misogynist tripe! Why do so many people love stirring up hate!?

It makes me so sad, coming from a multicultural family, that the UK, as a mainly reasonably tolerant nation, is partaking in this americanisation of racial politics and division.

Kate requested her daughter, who she knew would be photographed and poured over by the press, wears tights to a formal church wedding. That's not so strange in the UK, even in summer. I got married in August and my bridesmaids all wore tights and had their shoulders covered. It's etiquette, nothing to do with the colour of ANYONES skin. It's just manners in a place of worship.

Why make it into 'white woman hates black woman and treid to ruin her wedding'? Its such Bullshit.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.