The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just stupidly been on twitter and clicked on a hastag relating to the duchess of Cambridge. Wish I hadn't have done. What absolute outright racist and misogynist tripe! Why do so many people love stirring up hate!?

It makes me so sad, coming from a multicultural family, that the UK, as a mainly reasonably tolerant nation, is partaking in this americanisation of racial politics and division.

Kate requested her daughter, who she knew would be photographed and poured over by the press, wears tights to a formal church wedding. That's not so strange in the UK, even in summer. I got married in August and my bridesmaids all wore tights and had their shoulders covered. It's etiquette, nothing to do with the colour of ANYONES skin. It's just manners in a place of worship.

Why make it into 'white woman hates black woman and treid to ruin her wedding'? Its such Bullshit.
There's your problem. Very little good comes from being on Twitter.

Reactions: 9
Just stupidly been on twitter and clicked on a hastag relating to the duchess of Cambridge. Wish I hadn't have done. What absolute outright racist and misogynist tripe! Why do so many people love stirring up hate!?

It makes me so sad, coming from a multicultural family, that the UK, as a mainly reasonably tolerant nation, is partaking in this americanisation of racial politics and division.

Kate requested her daughter, who she knew would be photographed and poured over by the press, wears tights to a formal church wedding. That's not so strange in the UK, even in summer. I got married in August and my bridesmaids all wore tights and had their shoulders covered. It's etiquette, nothing to do with the colour of ANYONES skin. It's just manners in a place of worship.

Why make it into 'white woman hates black woman and treid to ruin her wedding'? Its such Bullshit.
to be honest, I could never see the big fuss about that - but then I’ve been subjected to all manner of variations in the bridesmaid dress code from off the shoulder to short. At the age of 5 I loathed the frilly ankle socks and ditched them asap.

The dresses were so stiff they didn’t look like they were going anywhere. The worst thing that could happen to anyone happened to Louise at Eugenie’s(?) wedding when she was about the worst age for it to happen at and the press seemed remarkably sympathetic and never mention it or gratuitously show it.

it just seemed a bit handbags really. One person stressed out over her wedding, one person not long after having a baby. Emotions heightened. Probably both a bit used to getting their own way. Someone bound to be disappointed. Possibly Not helped by the fact neither is too keen on the other … which is also fine. No one said you have to like all you in-laws, did they? (Asking for a friend 🥹)

Reactions: 13
One person stressed out over her wedding, one person not long after having a baby. Emotions heightened. Probably both a bit used to getting their own way. Someone bound to be disappointed. Possibly Not helped by the fact neither is too keen on the other … which is also fine. No one said you have to like all you in-laws, did they? (Asking for a friend 🥹)
I think this the crux of the issue. Wasn’t Kate only 26 days post partum at the wedding? I’ve seen with my female family members after having children their emotions are heightened and their physical state is exhausted after carrying a baby for 9 months. Mix that with a wedding that will be broadcast the world over I can see some tempers will get frayed.

They allegedly had an argument or disagreement about bridesmaid dresses which I don’t think is that unusual. Kate allegedly made Meghan upset and apologised and sent her some flowers which again, I don’t think that unusual. Big weddings, especially society weddings like this from what I’ve read can cause people to fall out or do/say something they shouldn’t.

Reactions: 4
Isnt the issue about Bridesmaids dresses more about whose truth is the honest one?

Do you believe that Kate was the one who ended up in tears and upset because of Meghan's bridezilla behaviour, or do you believe as Meghan was keen to tell us all in the Oprah interview, that it was all Kates fault, and that it was Meghan who ended up in tears, with Kate feeling the need to bring Meghan flowers to apologise, with Meghan magnanimously accepting the apology?

The issue with this one, was there were numerous witnesses, Kate and her staff, Meghan and her staff and the women from the dressmakers.

Bower in his book does mention all this, but he seems to come to the conclusion that it was Kate who was upset, and this was part of Kate thinking if she can be this rude to me, maybe there is some truth to the rumour that Meghan was treating her staff badly.

It all comes down to whose truth you believe the most!!!

Reactions: 3
I think it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

They were probably both upset, had a few tears and felt they were in the right. I can imagine Kate sending flowers to be nice and try to smooth it over … and I can also imagine that being taken as a tacit acceptance that the recipient was in the right.

I really think it’s something that has acquired more importance than needed. It’s something that happens up and down the country whether the wedding is a big do or not.

I also think it’s also a prime example of how something with neither party in the wrong or right can be spun whichever way you want to be.

(As Bower also mentioned, he was only able to speak to people who didn’t like Meghan … so while he is adamant it’s unbiased when you are only getting the one side, the actual nuances aren’t there)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I think it was six of one and half a dozen of the other.

They were probably both upset, had a few tears and felt they were in the right. I can imagine Kate sending flowers to be nice and try to smooth it over … and I can also imagine that being taken as a tacit acceptance that the recipient was in the right.

I really think it’s something that has acquired more importance than needed. It’s something that happens up and down the country whether the wedding is a big do or not.

I also think it’s also a prime example of how something with neither party in the wrong or right can be spun whichever way you want to be.

(As Bower also mentioned, he was only able to speak to people who didn’t like Meghan … so while he is adamant it’s unbiased when you are only getting the one side, the actual nuances aren’t there)
How the story can be spun is the part that I find fascinating. Its connected directly to so much that the RF family do, and so much that publicists and the like do. Its also linked to so much in everyday life, where it becomes almost impossible to tell what is true and what is a misunderstanding and what is a downright lie!

Often seemingly inocuous events, like the furore over the Downing Street parties look ......ridiculous for making so much fuss about them, but the main issue for me was ......that deliberate lies were told, and nobody seemed to have any concern that this was immoral, after the lies were exposed.

In todays celebrity world, it is so so hard to know what is true, and who to believe. Which does make it tricky then to find solutions!

Reactions: 2

I found it strange as well that one of Meghan’s big points was people didn’t teach her the ropes, no one helped her and praised her. Then Kate is offering help and saying they should wear tights to be respectful and Meghan turned that into “I was having problems with my dad and Kate wasn’t being sympathetic to that and tried telling me what to do”, or whatever the words to the affect were in the Oprah interview. I don’t think anyone in the family could have won in the situation, it seems nothing was ever enough.

I read that it wasn’t full blown tears from Kate but she got frustrated with the all rumours Meghan was bullying her staff and just emotional about Charlotte and a few tears happened, then when she left Meghan was panicked and emotional and cried as well.

Reactions: 8
Was this a conscious choice of his?

Meghan Markle is said to have barred her friends and those working for her from talking to royal author Tom Bower for his latest new book that is reportedly filled with claims about her and husband Prince Harry.

Bower appeared on Good Morning Britain on July 21 to promote his explosive book that is chock-full of claims against Meghan and Harry, and confirmed that he did not, in fact, get the chance to talk to some of her close friends for the book.

As per Bower: “She made it pretty clear to all her friends and people who work for her not to talk to me, so it was quite an uphill struggle but I got enough people to speak to me, more than enough, I got about 80 people.”

Tom revealed he spoke to people who "don't like Meghan" for his book, before explaining he talked to almost 80 contacts about the mother-of-two.

However, Ben interjected: "If we know they don't like her, why are they going to be offering an unbiased account of their experience with her?"

Tom replied: "I understand, but I sifted through, I don't just put in stuff which isn't true and can't be checked.

Which on the one hand is fair enough, but on the other is still going to be biased. If you are fact checking with people who hold the same opinion then you are going to end up with the same facts. As before, it removes the possibility for absolutely any nuances at all.

Reactions: 5
I don't think the main point about wearing tights was to be respectful. The wedding was on a warm day, their little bare feet would have been sore and maybe blistered in the new leather shoes.
The flower girls dresses fit atrociously too; the sleeves were huge and boxy and the hemline was all over the place.

Reactions: 4
I read a comment saying ''I loved Harry more while he was dancing naked in Vegas and pissing in the pool''. It actually shows that a lot of royalists view the RF as a form of entertainment (of course they would never admit that). They assign roles to members of royal family and they better conform to the expectations or else...
The same thing is repeated with Cambridge kids. George is serious and shy: Charlotte is serious but more confident: and the court jester is of course, Louis.

Reactions: 6
I read a comment saying ''I loved Harry more while he was dancing naked in Vegas and pissing in the pool''. It actually shows that a lot of royalists view the RF as a form of entertainment (of course they would never admit that). They assign roles to members of royal family and they better conform to the expectations or else...
The same thing is repeated with Cambridge kids. George is serious and shy: Charlotte is serious but more confident: and the court jester is of course, Louis.
Which is quite sad when you think about it because by his own admission Harry was very unhappy and quite lost for much of that time

Reactions: 8
Is this being seriously commented upon as something he allegedly actually did!?
He did. He was photographed naked in a vegas hotel room with a load of women. He mentioned it himself recently.

Not sure abut the pool but the naked in Vegas thing is true.

He was playing pool naked, wasn't he? I suspect something got lost in translation somewhere.

Reactions: 3
I remember seeing a report that said with the jacuzz’s at the resort or wherever it was they were staying, at the end of the hires the water was always mainly wee, but I can’t remember it saying they specifically wee’d in it …

edit:

here we go.

By the end of the day, say those with intimate knowledge of such events, the pools contain more urine than water
Llllloooovvveeeellllyyyy

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 2
Just seen a snippet of a report that says the Jubilee didn't bring an uptick in retail sales.... surprised me actually.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.