The Royal Family #16

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And it's designed for grass not for people.
Yes, that’s Wimbledon for you … humans, even royal ones come very low down the pecking order :D

Hopefully, by the time George is old enough to do the job proper trussing anyone, child or adult, up in a formal suit, shirt and tie to sit out in the blazing sun just to watch a bit of sport will be consigned to the bin marked ‘quaint customs we don’t do anymore’.

Reactions: 5
Yes, that’s Wimbledon for you … humans, even royal ones come very low down the pecking order :D

Hopefully, by the time George is old enough to do the job proper trussing anyone, child or adult, up in a formal suit, shirt and tie to sit out in the blazing sun just to watch a bit of sport will be consigned to the bin marked ‘quaint customs we don’t do anymore’.
But it’s literally just a dress code, like many venues have. If someone doesn’t like it they have the choice to not go, but people still go to Wimbledon and still adhere to it, and a lot of people see it as a fun day out to buy a new fancy outfit, so why would they change it?

I honestly can’t understand the fuss, kids up and down the country will be in school this week wearing ties and blazers but no one complains. I didn’t understand the fuss when he wore a suit for football games, my dad got invited to sit in a box for a mid table team years and years ago and even a nobody like him had to wear a suit.

Reactions: 16
The Royals can't have air con because they are supposed to be inspiring us with their example in fighting climate change.

Next year they'll have a flunky fanning them with rolled up copies of Hello.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The Royals can't have air con because they are supposed to be inspiring us with their example in fighting climate change.

Next year they'll have a flunky fanning them with rolled up copies of Hello.
Hello 😱. ‘The Lady’ darling. We have standards. Don’t want that printers ink on the white gloves.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
But it’s literally just a dress code, like many venues have. If someone doesn’t like it they have the choice to not go, but people still go to Wimbledon and still adhere to it, and a lot of people see it as a fun day out to buy a new fancy outfit, so why would they change it?

I honestly can’t understand the fuss, kids up and down the country will be in school this week wearing ties and blazers but no one complains. I didn’t understand the fuss when he wore a suit for football games, my dad got invited to sit in a box for a mid table team years and years ago and even a nobody like him had to wear a suit.
I can't understand the fuss either. Child wears suit on hot day - big deal. There are children really suffering out there and George is not one of them.

Reactions: 13
I feel bad for him if that's what they're doing. There is plenty of time in the future for him to act royal and be "working" and a tennis tournament isn't one of them when hes 7(?!)

My personal opinion is that they both apperantly want them to have "normal" childhoods so bad that they shouldn't pedal them out at the first sniff of bad publicity - especailly Charlotte and Louis as they might not even be working royals when they get older
Well, of course it kind of sucks to be „working“ at 7. On the other hand, if he decides to follow the path that has been layed out for him, there will never be a time of real privacy. Ever. There is no chance for a normal childhood as we lived it. Under this circumstances W&K are actually not doing too bad. Estelle had already been out and about at official engagements (in some horrible outfits that were worn by her mother before her as well) much earlier and I think the same is true for most other European heirs (the u20 generation).
And quite honestly, PG is the last child endangered to suffer a heat stroke because he was dressed too warm. As if they would risk that.
Certain settings have a dress code. I don’t get the fuss about it? I also think it’s not too much to teach children that there are different rules in different situations. What’s acceptable at home might not cut it at someone else’s house, in a restaurant or at school and vice versa. That’s a reality most adults master and children need to have the opportunity to learn that as well.

Reactions: 10
I feel bad for him if that's what they're doing. There is plenty of time in the future for him to act royal and be "working" and a tennis tournament isn't one of them when hes 7(?!)

My personal opinion is that they both apperantly want them to have "normal" childhoods so bad that they shouldn't pedal them out at the first sniff of bad publicity - especailly Charlotte and Louis as they might not even be working royals when they get older
What was the bad publicity please? Feel I have missed something.

Reactions: 1
Or maybe he just likes tennis like most posh kids his age and wanted to go.

What was the bad publicity please? Feel I have missed something.
There isn't and wasn't any - the Cambridges regularly take their kids out. They've now been mistaken for that disgraced pair who predictably rolled out their unseen kid's picture when desperate for some good press after being deafened by boos on the steps of St Paul's and the resounding silence inside. Unfortunately no one gave a tit. Lilibet just isn't important enough to be the retirement plan her mother needs her to be.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

new video of the Cambridges and their dog leaving Kensington Palace (I think?).
Nice to see them demonstrating their commitment to the environment and sustainability so well….private helicopter journeys really are the way forward for travel…. 🙄

What’s the bet they are heading to Norfolk for the school holidays - a journey of less than 3 hours by car. Flying is a totally unnecessary indulgence.

Reactions: 17
after being deafened by boos on the steps of St Paul's and the resounding silence inside.
Oh please, they weren’t ‘deafened by boos’ and there wasn’t ‘resounding silence’ inside St Paul’s.

Nice to see them demonstrating their commitment to the environment and sustainability so well….private helicopter journeys really are the way forward for travel…. 🙄

What’s the bet they are heading to Norfolk for the school holidays - a journey of less than 3 hours by car. Flying is a totally unnecessary indulgence.
I would think it’s local because the dog was in the helicopter with them.

Reactions: 4

Cars also pollute the environment too you know. The only way you really can help the environment is to walk everywhere or cycle.

Not that it would make a major difference anyway as unless India and China and the US and Russia slash their carbon emissions it doesn't really matter what anyone in the UK does, the impact on climate change globally will be limited

Reactions: 6
Cars also pollute the environment too you know. The only way you really can help the environment is to walk everywhere or cycle.

Not that it would make a major difference anyway as unless India and China and the US and Russia slash their carbon emissions it doesn't really matter what anyone in the UK does, the impact on climate change globally will be limited
Are you saying a helicopter uses less fuel and is less polluting than a car? Even 2 cars? What about a train? William can stop with the pontificating on the environment then, because he doesnt want to practice what he preaches.

Reactions: 13
Are you saying a helicopter uses less fuel and is less polluting than a car? Even 2 cars? What about a train? William can stop with the pontificating on the environment then, because he doesnt want to practice what he preaches.
Especially as helicopters cause more pollution than cars. He’s a hypocrite.

Reactions: 7
He was cycling in that photo of him in Sandringham. Cars and planes and helicopters all pollute, it makes little difference which you use.

It is only global action on cutting carbon that matters and that is mainly to do with using renewable and nuclear energy anyway not what transport we use

Reactions: 1
He was cycling in that photo of him in Sandringham. Cars and planes and helicopters all pollute, it makes little difference which you use.

It is only global action on cutting carbon that matters and that is mainly to do with using renewable and nuclear energy anyway not what transport we use
Helicopters cause more pollution than cars. If they took a car they would be doing less damage to the environment.

Reactions: 6

I agree that global action is necessary and that other countries have a huge part to play but come on. Helicopters absolutely cause more pollution then cars.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.