Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dotty Merton

VIP Member
ooops apologies if anyone saw my post which was intended for a different thread altogether. moving on quickly!

Here's some Louis for my sins 🤭 😇

images-3.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 11

TooFarScone

VIP Member
I'm wondering when the Paddington sketch was made. The end of the clip was the Queen watching the concert from the window so was it always planned that she wouldn't attend?

• Wow

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I font know what it is with American women being obsessed with fake babies! I suspect much of the danger to those kids is from those nutjobs who think the children are fake, or borrowed or whatever other bollocks they waste their time making youtube videos of. It's the same with kids of dome actors. Benedict Cumberbatch particularly. I think it's the same women too who go from one fake baby conspiracy to another!
Thingumabob from One Direction as well. Didn’t some of his ‘fans’ threaten to overturn the kids pushchair should they ever stumble across them in the street to prove it was a robobaby?

I am rather taken with the fact that Mrs Benedict seems to be a cross between Auric Goldfinger and George Smiley. That’s a skill set.

(Although they do seem to follow the same script line … poor innocent icckle man, blinded by the hypnoboobies of a screaming female, forced into marriage, made to pretend a raft of animatronic babies are real humans, consent to be only allowed out for high days and holidays while said female plots world domination … which only they are clever enough to have figured out

There used to be a thread on Digital Spy called something like ‘Larries and other tin hats’ which was a cracking read 🍿).

Last edited:
  • Haha

Em_gardener

VIP Member
i don't really get it tbh there's a dress code royals follow, it isn't unlikely that someone's going to wear something similar at some point.
There's only so many different colours and patterns that a dress can be. It's inevitable that they'll be the similar to older outfits at some stage.

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Those boys will be handsome with good genetics, along with being privileged financially. Some people have all the luck 😄
Nah, the <what my friend calls> The Windsor Stealth Gene will wake up in their mid 20’s when the floppy hair will be a thing of the past, the eyes inch closer together and the ears ooze downwards. There is nothing to be done. Many incomer genes have tried and all have failed.
she also thinks that in certain lights, George looks to have a russet tint to his hair.

• Haha

Popcorn&Peanuts

So what? Anmer Hall is part of the Sandringham Estate which is owned personally by the Queen rather than being part of the Crown Estate and was a wedding gift from the Queen to the Cambridges
Why the testiness? I was simply responding to the (inaccurate) comment you made by providing clarification.

And since you asked 'so what?'...I agree it's a private residence in the Queen's remit to grant (where was that ever contested?) but 3 *large* homes for a family of 5 is excessive, which is the point I was trying to make. And it certainly isn't modest or humble as the press is painting it.

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Still not for some groups of people unfortunately

hasn’t the government been in some mildly hot water (I use mildly because I haven’t seen much discussion by the general population) with the community over the ban on conversion therapy not including the trans community?
Not to derail but what the trans community are calling conversion therapy is not the same as conversion therapy for homosexuality.
Therapy in this case means exploring any other reasons for distress before putting children on a lifetime of medication and possible removal of body parts. These reasons could include abuse and homophobia or even not just fitting the current narrow sterotypic roles children are expected to follow.

20220605_172804.jpg
20220605_172827.jpg

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
Loving the empathy he showed whilst his grandfather was on his deathbed.
As someone pointed out Harry is misguided and I think quite easily led, but he does have a lot of empathy in his character that's not to say that naturally empathetic people don't get mad at family members whether for a real or perceived reason.

MoodyBlue

VIP Member
And if Meghan were all about the money and status, surely that's what she would have done? It's hardly hard work she's avoiding, being a minor Royal.

There you go.

• Haha

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
don't think she is the perfect woman at all, no-one is
Kate is hardly mentioned without ' she never puts a foot wrong' or ' she is perfect'. If someone never does anything wrong it is probably because they don't do anything at all. Lits of people do see her as the perfect woman. She is admittedly perfect for the Rotals, because she is subservient. Not great for the rest of us though.

• Wow
  • Heart

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I’ll probably get hell for this but here goes….

Does anyone else thinks it’s all a bit too convenient bringing Louis into the limelight now with his dad’s sailor suit on standing directly next to the Queen with Kate the other day mimicking scenes from when his father was a boy? Then when he acts up he is conveniently shoved to the right hand side on today’s balcony scene out the way.
i just think the whole happy family unit also on the weekend his brother is back was a tad orchestrated and a twos up to Harry & and any other doubters .
I have no feelings either way when it comes to any of the family btw - just an observation.
I don’t think so, I think Louis is young and maybe also a bit badly behaved. I’ve seen the video and he puts his hand over his mum’s mouth and feels quite comfortable doing that. If I tried that at his age I would be frightened that I would get yelled at for the next 40 years!

• Haha

Reraciara

Chatty Member
Thanks for your input. I have You Tube on in the background whilst working at home and I have also heard that Megs is all about the money. Also that there are things you can't do with Royalty such as exploit them for money, so she wouldn't be able to merch the children.
So interesting to see what does happen if they split ,🤔
i find it distasteful that people are speculating what happens if they break up and about what would happen to the children. It also kinda proves her point that people are biased against her because you never her anything like this about W & K, even after we all know he's been shagging her mates in Norfolk.

On that note, do you think that Kate only married him for love? I'm sure the money and him being a prince was a huge attraction for her. That and we all know Carole is the UK's answer to Kris Jenner and like fuck was she going to let any of her kids marry poor.....

• Heart

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I think it was Charles who coined the nickname fog because he thought that Mark Philips was thick and wet, erm Charles some would say that about you!

I think that even Prince Philip struggled when he first married the Queen he couldn't stand the fussy dusty courtiers who made him feel very inferior and uncomfortable, they all loved the Queen Mother who Philip also didn't get on with.
From my mum, who can remember that far back Prince Philip was treated appallingly and the press were awful, in a 1940’s forelock tugging way. He was cast as little more than a nomadic chancer with dodgy relatives.

LoopyLou47

VIP Member
Exactly her sister has married a millionaire and would live very quietly with him if her sister hadn’t married the future king.
But would she ( or James) have married millionnaires if their sister wasn't married to William? Kates marriage put the whole family into a much higher social circle.

Joon

VIP Member
I was wondering if the Queen and Prince Andrew had a night in, with a glass of gin and a pizza...feet up watching the celebrations ..:giggle:.

• Haha

Em_gardener

VIP Member
This is something I have a problem with when believing Harry was consistently thrown under the bus. People had cameras at this party and managed to get a picture of Harry dressed as a Nazi but not a single person got one of William? Or in any of the other times where the RF have protected William? The press published stories of Charles wanting to be Camillas tampon but wouldn’t post William dressed in black face because the RF asked them not to, I struggle believing it, and idc how loyal of a friend someone is, everyone has a price and would sell those pictures to the press.
I completely agree with this. If the press had a juicy story on William then they'd go for it. If the Cambridges then refused to work with that paper again they'd look very petty and would draw more attention to the original story. I can well believe that there's deals done behind the scenes - like promote me doing this and I'll give you this interview or these pictures but I don't think that the press would hold back on a really good exclusive.
Also, Harry was more popular than William until his marriage - partly due to his 'one of the lads' persona - so I doubt that William's PR team were actively working against him. The Nazi pictures or the Vegas pictures didn't appear to do him much damage at the time.

BigMavis

VIP Member
I'm yet to see sleeping woman. If she nods off again will someone screenshot it, I will not judge your home decor.

• Haha

hannah123

VIP Member
I completely agree with this. If the press had a juicy story on William then they'd go for it. If the Cambridges then refused to work with that paper again they'd look very petty and would draw more attention to the original story. I can well believe that there's deals done behind the scenes - like promote me doing this and I'll give you this interview or these pictures but I don't think that the press would hold back on a really good exclusive.
Also, Harry was more popular than William until his marriage - partly due to his 'one of the lads' persona - so I doubt that William's PR team were actively working against him. The Nazi pictures or the Vegas pictures didn't appear to do him much damage at the time.
Exactly, it’s the same with the cheating rumours. People really think the if the press had evidence of it that they’d be satisfied and happy to report “Meghan’s neighbours don’t like her” in exchange for not printing that another future king and the child of Diana, the unlucky in love peoples princess, has cheated on his wife and the mother of his 3 children. C’mon now