The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The most monarchist areas here are rural areas and market towns and outer suburbs, areas with small c Conservative values. The most republican areas are left liberal inner city areas.

That split also mirrors the Brexit vote, the former Leave, the latter Remain and the Australian monarchy referendum in 1999. Then Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra voted for a republic but outer suburbs voted to keep the Queen and rural Australia eg most of Queensland, voted overwhelmingly to keep the monarchy
I live in a very rural area and I and others are republicans. When I lived in London I knew people who lived in council estates who were staunch monarchists. I think think you take stereotyping to a previously unseen level.😁

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The most monarchist areas here are rural areas and market towns and outer suburbs, areas with small c Conservative values. The most republican areas are left liberal inner city areas.
The fact that people with Conservative values, who by definition do not want change, and in some cases, actively hark back to the past would want to keep the monarchy is unsurprising. It is hardly surprising either that people who have historically been encouraged to defer to their ' betters' in order to submit to the control of the elite would have deeply ingrained deference to the Monarchy and the aristocracy. People in rural farming and fishing communities have been shafted by the wealthy Brexit supporting elites like James Dyson, Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg, not the ' Liberal metropolitan elites'. I doubt the Royals or the aristocracy would give any flag waving Royalists the time of day if they didn't bow and scrape to them. I doubt they have any respect for them at all. As Prince Andrew said, people like him don't take any notice of the little people around them.

• Heart
Barbados has been independent for decades, the Queen was only ceremonial head of state. Already we are seeing something of a new Cold War emerging after Russia's invasion of Ukraine. Europe, the USA and Canada and most of South America, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Israel, Jordan, Australia and New Zealand and Saudi Arabia v Russia, China, Belarus, North Korea, Syria.

Most of Africa and India and the Middle East are neutral and so unfortunately is most of the Caribbean (maybe even pro China after its infrastructure investment)

Kami like the Japanese Emperor as I said are more spirits than Gods.

Scotland also voted 55% to stay in the UK in 2014 and keep the Queen. Again the biggest vote against independence came from rural areas while Scotland's biggest city, Glasgow voted for independence. Most of Europe, France, Spain, Italy, Poland, Ireland etc is majority Roman Catholic not Protestant. Even Germany and the Netherlands now have more Catholics than Protestants unlike Germany. Protestant majority Switzerland is not in the EU anyway like the UK, nor is Norway and Denmark is not in the Eurozone.

That most likely is due to the fact London has the biggest number of Muslims in the UK and half of British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. A quarter also want Sharia law.

However the white population, still the majority in most western big cities, is still far more left liberal than the white population in rural areas and smaller towns

Am I the only one completely lost here?

• Haha
The Cambridges looked nice for the Easter service today. I like the outfit, especially Charlotte's cute pale blue dress with the matching tights.

I wasn't too fond of the outfits of the other Royals, but noticed how well Sophie looked, she looks the same age as Catherine.
Sophie is really beautiful.

Reactions: 13
The fact that people with Conservative values, who by definition do not want change, and in some cases, actively hark back to the past would want to keep the monarchy is unsurprising. It is hardly surprising either that people who have historically been encouraged to defer to their ' betters' in order to submit to the control of the elite would have deeply ingrained deference to the Monarchy and the aristocracy. People in rural farming and fishing communities have been shafted by the wealthy Brexit supporting elites like James Dyson, Boris Johnson and Jacob Rees Mogg, not the ' Liberal metropolitan elites'. I doubt the Royals or the aristocracy would give any flag waving Royalists the time of day if they didn't bow and scrape to them. I doubt they have any respect for them at all. As Prince Andrew said, people like him don't take any notice of the little people around them.
Liberal metropolitan elites of course actively despise the values of provincial England and it is therefore no surprise that is reciprocated. The monarchy has survived for over a thousand years however as it has listened more to the views of Middle England than the views of the elite in inner London.

As for Brexit, that was a vote for reclaimed sovereignty, fishing waters and greater immigration controls whoever voted for it

• Haha
Reactions: 1
As for Brexit, that was a vote for reclaimed sovereignty, fishing waters and greater immigration controls whoever voted for it
Now imagine that a pro independence Scot posted this. Of course, greater immigration control usually means being able to make the choice to increase immigration not keeping the brown folk out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Liberal metropolitan elites of course actively despise the values of provincial England and it is therefore no surprise that is reciprocated. The monarchy has survived for over a thousand years however as it has listened more to the views of Middle England than the views of the elite in inner London.

Its also survived because when we tried an alternative, we found that the alternative as presented wasn’t all that and a bag of chips, either.
much may have changed in cracking on for 400 years, but it seems that taking away beer and holidays is always going to be a sticking point.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Liberal metropolitan elites of course actively despise the values of provincial England and it is therefore no surprise that is reciprocated
I’ve lived in metropolitan areas and I’ve lived in rural areas all across Britain. I can safely say that I have never “despised” anyone on this basis.

This is such an unhealthy and, quite frankly, dangerous attitude.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Europe is dominated by France and Germany and most of it is Roman Catholic. It is increasingly moving towards a Federal EU superstate focused on the eurozone. Switzerland and Denmark are both outside that.

Given over 60% of Scots voted to Remain in the EU but Yes is still only on 50% at most in the latest Independence polls your logic fails on that.

Rural areas in England overwhelmingly voted to leave the EU, as did fishing areas and indeed in Scotland the strongest leave vote came from areas like Peterhead over the CFP.

You cannot have a true religion without a God, otherwise it is just a form of spirituality
The EU has bugger all to do with Europe as a historical and cultural entity, let alone a geographical one. The accepted division between Europe and Asia is the Ural mountain range, therefore even the historical heartland of Russia is considered European. You keep changing your criteria, an obvious marker of a losing argument.

The Blue Toon isn't rural, it's a fishing port, and the fishing industry has been very vocal about being lied to over Brexit. Every single council area in Scotland voted Remain and we have truly rural areas - free from Londoners' second homes. In less than an hour from the centre of any of our cities you can be in the heart of the countryside. Perhaps we are more educated on the subject of Westminster lies than the English. Certainly the Independence Referendum was noted by many experienced political pundits - from both within and outwith Scotland - as being a campaign which reflected a truly involved population on both sides through meetings, rallies, reading and general daily conversation about the issues.

My logic doesn't fail. Many people who were swithering on the subject of independence were convinced to vote Remain in order to stay in the EU. They too have been very vocal about it and there are a multitude of interviews and articles available. Much like those who were persuaded that leaving the EU would mean more money given to the NHS, another right-wing lie from BawJaws and Farage. Do you even do current affairs and politics?

Who are you to decide that a religion needs gods? Certainly the governments and religious authorities who accept such religions, as well as the millions who practice Buddhism, would disagree. Again, you need to argue from fact and knowledge of the subject, none of which you show. Are you here just to troll? Your ever-changing arguments would make it appear so. You throw around numbers but have no breadth of understanding of what lies behind them, nor any real historical or geographical knowledge to illuminate them.

ETA: Your definition of religion comes dangerously close to being racist, from dismissing Japanese religion onwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Many people who were swithering on the subject of independence were convinced to vote Remain in order to stay in the EU.
I was one of those No voters, neither pro or anti union. For me, leaving the EU was too big a price to pay for independence. That and the federalism we were promised.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Offtopic, to keep the thread working well for everyone that reads it we need to keep it somewhat ontopic - Please read our rules and why they're important
Now imagine that a pro independence Scot posted this. Of course, greater immigration control usually means being able to make the choice to increase immigration not keeping the brown folk out.
Yes and our new points system allows us to control immigration based on the skills we need

The EU has bugger all to do with Europe as a historical and cultural entity, let alone a geographical one. The accepted division between Europe and Asia is the Ural mountain range, therefore even the historical heartland of Russia is considered European. You keep changing your criteria, an obvious marker of a losing argument.

The Blue Toon isn't rural, it's a fishing port, and the fishing industry has been very vocal about being lied to over Brexit. Every single council area in Scotland voted Remain and we have truly rural areas - free from Londoners' second homes. In less than an hour from the centre of any of our cities you can be in the heart of the countryside. Perhaps we are more educated on the subject of Westminster lies than the English. Certainly the Independence Referendum was noted by many experienced political pundits - from both within and outwith Scotland - as being a campaign which reflected a truly involved population on both sides through meetings, rallies, reading and general daily conversation about the issues.

My logic doesn't fail. Many people who were swithering on the subject of independence were convinced to vote Remain in order to stay in the EU. They too have been very vocal about it and there are a multitude of interviews and articles available. Much like those who were persuaded that leaving the EU would mean more money given to the NHS, another right-wing lie from BawJaws and Farage. Do you even do current affairs and politics?

Who are you to decide that a religion needs gods? Certainly the governments and religious authorities who accept such religions, as well as the millions who practice Buddhism, would disagree. Again, you need to argue from fact and knowledge of the subject, none of which you show. Are you here just to troll? Your ever-changing arguments would make it appear so. You throw around numbers but have no breadth of understanding of what lies behind them, nor any real historical or geographical knowledge to illuminate them.

ETA: Your definition of religion comes dangerously close to being racist, from dismissing Japanese religion onwards.
Most of Russia is in Asia not Europe, most continental European nations are not only in the EU but the Eurozone too.

The independence referendum got pretty aggressive at times, witness the hounding of Jim Murphy by Yes supporters. There has been no major change in Scottish independence polls despite Brexit, Yes and No effectively tied, no clear Yes lead.

Who are you to define religion as you wish. Religion relies on a belief system and a God in my opinion and that of many theologians.

My historical and political interpretations differ from your left liberal ones, that is democracy

Last edited:
Yes and our new points system allows us to control immigration based on the skills we need
So would-be immigrants can be sent to Rwanda as they are mainly non-white. In addition, there are regular battles between the Scottish Government and English-based Immigration due to ignoring the needs of the other nations than England. Immigrants with "the skills we need" have been deported because the fools down south only look at their own needs. Even right-wing Tory MPs are currently calling out the Home Office for the total debacle of Ukrainian refugee visas and these people are mainly white. At least the Scottish and Welsh governments have the humanity to act as refugee super-sponsors.

QUOTE="TYL159, post: 9364577, member: 176884"]
Most of Russia is in Asia not Europe, most continental European nations are not only in the EU but the Eurozone too.
[/QUOTE]

That's not what you were chuntering on about when you were talking about religion and monarchies. You were happy to use any old European country then. Yes, the historical and cultural heartland of Russia is in Europe regardless of further expansion. As for European countries not in the Eurozone, there's Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Romania, Bulgaria, Ukraine, Russia, Serbia, Czech Republic, Turkey (which has always straddled the two continents), Lichtenstein, UK, Moldova, North Macedonia, Hungary, Albania.... quite a few of those aren't in the EU either. Europe is a geographical, historical and cultural entity and has been for centuries. You really are reaching, aren't you?

QUOTE="TYL159, post: 9364577, member: 176884"]The independence referendum got pretty aggressive at times, witness the hounding of Jim Murphy by Yes supporters. There has been no major change in Scottish independence polls despite Brexit, Yes and No effectively tied, no clear Yes lead. [/QUOTE]
Facts for you:
Wiki_Scots_Indep_V6_new_format.pdf.jpg

Looks like quite a bit of change over time. Also, the rioting in and trashing of George Square by a Unionist mob and consequent police action is in stark contrast to the largely peaceful Yes rallies. English for Yes even held a tea party!

QUOTE="TYL159, post: 9364577, member: 176884"]Who are you to define religion as you wish. Religion relies on a belief system and a God in my opinion and that of many theologians.[/QUOTE]
I'm not defining religion as I wish; you are. You are denying that Shintoism and Buddhism are religions which is very close to indirect racism if not actually racism. I repeat, religions without gods are accepted legally by many governments, including that of the UK. Are you saying that your opinion trumps the law and government?! You are deluded, IMO. Theologians have their own horse in the race, that of their own 'true' religion.

QUOTE="TYL159, post: 9364577, member: 176884"]My historical and political interpretations differ from your left liberal ones, that is democracy[/QUOTE

I'm not a liberal, sweetie, so don't insult me. Unfortunately for you, actual facts trump "interpretations".

Now we have strayed far from the actual topic of this thread, so I'll be putting you on 'Ignore' like other trolls. Do learn to use facts, history and geography, as well as learning about current affairs. It will help you when it comes to educated debate as well as understanding the tricky bits of right-wing propaganda. Dear old Stephen Yaxley-Lennon gets himself into rather a lot of pickles that way, doesn't he? Of course, he's also an outright racist who whangs on about the One True Religion. Hmmmmmm.....

• Heart
The Daily Mail is at it again. Allegedly Kate wore an outfit as a touching homage to Princess Diana 😒
C7849565-E6EC-4783-A013-BF55B53A9FF5.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 6
The Daily Mail is at it again. Allegedly Kate wore an outfit as a touching homage to Princess Diana 😒
View attachment 1201045
I can't see a single similarity apart from the colour, and there are really only so many colours to choose from. Different material, neckline, garment, sleeves, detailing, hat, jewellery style...

View attachment 1201045
It just be so draining to not be able to wear a colour without being compared to your dead mother in law. There are literally basic items of clothing that are in a lot of womens wardrobes that Kate and Meghan will likely never be able to wear again because Diana wore them and they’ll get accused of cosplaying.

Reactions: 14
View attachment 1201045
So ridiculous. Imagine having to write this guff. I've been waiting all day for the Mail to liken Megan's outfit from today to Diana's "Elvis" dress, due to the collar. If it happens, we'll know the journos read Tattle 😂

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Those are nothing alike!
One is quite a nice frock coat and the other is a 1980’s fashion nightmare that looks like it would give you an electric shock if you got too close to a shopping trolley.
Apart from that, identical.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.