The Royal Family #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The silver jubilee plates etc that people have on display are always used as shorthand for “this person is a bit old-fashioned lives in the past” in TV dramas or reality shows
I agree about this shorthand for older characters.

I can imagine there is more of a kitsch/vintage element to jubilee items for younger people. Not too much of it, though, and I suspect only certain types qualify: Silver Jubilee and Charles/Diana wedding (yes), Fergie and Andy stuff (no).

Reactions: 1
Not to piss on anyone’s parade but I have no idea why anybody would buy jubilee memorabilia.
I quite like a bit of memorabilia, but we are left with ' memorabilia and collectable stuff our parents gad and either left when they died or want to get rid of to downsize and kept at the time because it commemorated something or other. Most of it is worth nothing, for something that is 40/50 years old like mugs and tins and stamp collections. They don't give pleasure years afterwards when people can't throw them out and they just become A liability. I mentioned before I have a coronation mug that's worth about £4 because everyone is selling their coronation mugs for the Jubilee. Having said that, I may have a look on ebay for a nice mug or cake stand 😳

Reactions: 4
I quite like a bit of memorabilia, but we are left with ' memorabilia and collectable stuff our parents gad and either left when they died or want to get rid of to downsize and kept at the time because it commemorated something or other. Most of it is worth nothing, for something that is 40/50 years old like mugs and tins and stamp collections. They don't give pleasure years afterwards when people can't throw them out and they just become A liability. I mentioned before I have a coronation mug that's worth about £4 because everyone is selling their coronation mugs for the Jubilee. Having said that, I may have a look on ebay for a nice mug or cake stand 😳
I can't remember buying anything for any other Royal occasion. I just kept supplements about the occasion from magazines. With the Jubilee and people posting on here what they like or have bought I had a look and bought something I really liked.
I try to only buy things that scream at me as an older person advised me once to do that. She was actually talking about clothes and opening your wardrobe doors. (Mine whimpered when I went home and tried it). 😄

I was inspired by your jubilee merchandise so I bought a cushion with a corgi wearing a crown on it. It’s fun.

Reactions: 6
Which Royals do you have in mind? I think maybe a floral diamond brooch would have been a nice touch.
Queen letzia in Spain always looks great (again she's very thin like Kate!) the Dutch queen also dresses well and Mary in Denmark all stand out to me as being more stylish than Kate!

Reactions: 2
Queen letzia in Spain always looks great (again she's very thin like Kate!) the Dutch queen also dresses well and Mary in Denmark all stand out to me as being more stylish than Kate!
Letizia has a lot of horrible and utterly boring outfits under her belt. The black leather culottes with the massive silver zipper right across her crouch was by far the worst. I think her best look was her white suit for the engagement announcement.
Mary has the business look down but it’s so ordinary that she doesn’t stand out often and I think Maxima really can do both- business professional and bold (love how she brings out all the royal bling). She is the only one that is doing it really well in my opinion.
I think Kate has worn this hat before and I think she looks generally best in jewel tones and the classic British royal stuff. Those cuts give the illusion of curves and balance out her torso/leg ratio. And while those clothes are rather old fashioned, they make her look younger, fresher and more sophisticated than her more trendy stuff which make her look extremely thin, old, frumpy and disproportionate. It’s fascinating because you would think it should be the other way round.

Reactions: 3
I think Kate looks well in this kind of stuff. When she tries something new - like that green dress a few weeks ago - it often doesn't look great. She needs clothes that flare out a bit to hide how think she is. I think she wears jeans and blazers well too though. I wonder what she wears in her own time

Letizia has a lot of horrible and utterly boring outfits under her belt. The black leather culottes with the massive silver zipper right across her crouch was by far the worst. I think her best look was her white suit for the engagement announcement.
Mary has the business look down but it’s so ordinary that she doesn’t stand out often and I think Maxima really can do both- business professional and bold (love how she brings out all the royal bling). She is the only one that is doing it really well in my opinion.
I think Kate has worn this hat before and I think she looks generally best in jewel tones and the classic British royal stuff. Those cuts give the illusion of curves and balance out her torso/leg ratio. And while those clothes are rather old fashioned, they make her look younger, fresher and more sophisticated than her more trendy stuff which make her look extremely thin, old, frumpy and disproportionate. It’s fascinating because you would think it should be the other way round.
Yes, she's so thin that a softer fabric and lots of it can make her look like a bundle of washing. Firmer fabric and more tailoring stands away from the body and give her curves.

Frankly, Letizia is often extremely boring in her clothing and has veered alarmingly into either frump or mutton lately. Máxima can go a bit overboard, particularly with her hats, gardening gloves and giant creepy-crawly brooches. Mathilde's dramatic earrings can be a bit questionable at times, and let's not talk about the various outfits Laurentien has rocked up to Prinsjesdag in! Mette-Marit really doesn't do stand-out, particularly with jewels, but we probably won't see her wearing most of the Queen bling due to her illness as well as taste; we'll probably have to wait for Ingrid Alexandra. Victoria can really pull out all the stops for gala occasions but her hair is severe and her daywear can be dodgy. Margrethe can be overly cluttered at times and has an odd fondness for a yeti pelt. I like Raina's style but she has a habit of wearing an open bracelet in her hair when she has at least one perfectly good tiara and her mother-in-law Muna has several.

Everything just hangs on her - she is so thin it's scary. It is a beautiful color.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.