The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
if he gets found not guilty, does this mean they’d be a route back to being a full time royal?
In his head he probably thinks so, but in reality he will always be tainted by this even if he is found innocent. Charles and William will be able to read the public mood and won't let him back in, Andrew hasn't been popular for decades and is problematic in so many other ways. The Royal Family have had too many scandals in recent years to risk bringing Andrew back, especially when they are scaling back anyway.

Reactions: 15
Reactions: 8
Strange decision. I'd have thought he'd want to avoid a jury trial. Wouldn't be have a better chance with a judge who wouldn't be influenced by emotion whereas a jury might.

Reactions: 2
With a jury trial he probably thinks he can't be convicted because it can't be proved beyond a reasonable doubt?

With a jury trial he probably thinks he can't be convicted because it can't be proved beyond a reasonable doubt?
Doesn't have to be beyond reasonable doubt in a civil trial, the burden of proof is much lower - it's the balance of probabilities.

Reactions: 6
I can only imagine, that he and his lawyers have come up with a strategy to discredit VG in court and they might think playing lay people with their evidence will be easier than one judge that is not as impressionable with the emotional angle.
Anything else would be seriously crazy and deluded.

Reactions: 1
I can only imagine, that he and his lawyers have come up with a strategy to discredit VG in court and they might think playing lay people with their evidence will be easier than one judge that is not as impressionable with the emotional angle.
Anything else would be seriously crazy and deluded.
That’s not going to be a great look…

Some of his Responses are bizarre.
re Maxwell
how on earth did she and Epstein end up at balmoral if they weren’t close friends?

if he gets found not guilty, does this mean they’d be a route back to being a full time royal?
personaly no.
I think William is better at reading the room.
a trial will hopefully enable a lot of dirty washing on display…

Reactions: 7
re Maxwell
how on earth did she and Epstein end up at balmoral if they weren’t close friends?
Didn’t someone on this thread say the rewatched the interview he did and he made a point to say he was friends with Maxwell and not Epstein? Surely that will be used as evidence!

Reactions: 4
A jury trial is a bonkers idea surely? Unless he isn’t going to stand in his own defence? He didn’t conduct himself well in the “I don’t sweat” interview, I could imagine being cross examined would send him spiraling as they wouldn’t be licking his arse (not that the interviewer was, just cross examination is supposed to be difficult.)

Maybe he’s hoping a jury of his “peers” is exactly what it sounds like. Upper class, monarchists who wouldn’t dare think anything bad about the royal family. Obviously the reality of jury selection is very different but I’d assume he doesn’t know that.

He knew maxwell and Epstein well enough for them to be cosy looking at Balmoral. He can’t wiggle out of this and I can only imagine the conversations happening atm.

Reactions: 5
A jury trial is a bonkers idea surely? Unless he isn’t going to stand in his own defence? He didn’t conduct himself well in the “I don’t sweat” interview, I could imagine being cross examined would send him spiraling as they wouldn’t be licking his arse (not that the interviewer was, just cross examination is supposed to be difficult.)

Maybe he’s hoping a jury of his “peers” is exactly what it sounds like. Upper class, monarchists who wouldn’t dare think anything bad about the royal family.

He knew maxwell and Epstein well enough for them to be cosy looking at Balmoral. He can’t wiggle out of this and I can only imagine the conversations happening atm.
Totally agree.
in what world is that a good idea?

is it because the alternative would be a payoff and he doesn’t want to do that and be assumed guilty?

Reactions: 5
Maybe he’s hoping a jury of his “peers” is exactly what it sounds like. Upper class, monarchists who wouldn’t dare think anything bad about the royal family. Obviously the reality of jury selection is very different but I’d assume he doesn’t know that.
But this is a trial in America we're talking about, isn't it? Or have I got that wrong?

Reactions: 3
I wonder how "not close" a friend would have to be to get an invitation to Balmoral, and be able to sit on the throne at BuckPal??

Reactions: 8
But this is a trial in America we're talking about, isn't it? Or have I got that wrong?
No it was me who had it wrong. Being in America seems even worse. I wonder how it’ll affect the monarchy moving forward. It’s easy to paint him as a lone wolf but who let Epstein into balmoral and BuckPal. They don’t vet people first? There’s only so many scandals one royal family can deal with before they’re out. I wonder if this will help topple it all.

bullying accusations and supposed racism are non-excusable obviously but human trafficking and sex slavery are in a whole other league.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
No it was me who had it wrong. Being in America seems even worse. I wonder how it’ll affect the monarchy moving forward. It’s easy to paint him as a lone wolf but who let Epstein into balmoral and BuckPal. They don’t vet people first? There’s only so many scandals one royal family can deal with before they’re out. I wonder if this will help topple it all.

bullying accusations and supposed racism are non-excusable obviously but human trafficking and sex slavery are in a whole other league.
It won't affect the royal family at all given Prince Andrew has lost his HRH and positions and now only 9th in line to the throne.

However Americans I hope might start to seriously question why just one minor British royal has faced a civil action but not 1 US businessman, celebrity or politician linked to Epstein has faced action. US law has serious questions to answer!

Reactions: 11
It won't affect the royal family at all given Prince Andrew has lost his HRH and positions and now only 9th in line to the throne.
He might be very minor in rank and lost his HRH but that doesn't mean that people won't think less of them as a whole. It might not be one massive thing that gets them out but little things collecting together.

He might be very minor in rank and lost his HRH but that doesn't mean that people won't think less of them as a whole. It might not be one massive thing that gets them out but little things collecting together.
It won't at all beyond republicans, the monarchist majority knows Charles, William and George are next in line not Andrew. In any case the Tories are diehard monarchists, the LDs also back the monarchy and even Starmer now backs a reformed monarchy.

Only chance republicans had of a referendum on the monarchy this generation or next was electing the republican Corbyn with a majority in 2019, Corbyn was trounced

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.