The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I may be wrong but I get the feeling the RF would rather Harry was back in the fold. I read yesterday that Charles had invited them to stay so he could see Lillibet.

Harry 100% seemed happier before he met Meghan.

Reactions: 10
I’m not sure, was he or was his PR team working overtime to make it seem like he was this happy go lucky Prince? I feel like the Harry we see now is the Harry he’s always been?
I agree think this photo is from before he met Meghan he has quite the face on.
20220119_153801.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I’m not sure, was he or was his PR team working overtime to make it seem like he was this happy go lucky Prince? I feel like the Harry we see now is the Harry he’s always been?
He must be a better actress than his wife, because happy chappie Harry had me fooled for many years.

From what I've read about him in recent years, the Palace seem to have done a very good job of suppressing various unsavoury rumours about his behaviour. If anything, he should be grateful to them.

Reactions: 9
People who think Harry was happy before were not paying attention.

Harry explicitly said many times that he hated the press, he said it directly to the press as well as in interviews.

Charles also said in the past that QE was a cold and distant mother. She is not the sweet and loving type the press have made her out to bed, and in my opinion, you reap what you sow.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Harry explicitly said many times that he hated the press, he said it directly to the press as well as in interviews.

Charles also said in the past that QE was a cold and distant mother. She is not the sweet and loving type the press have made her out to bed, and in my opinion, you reap what you sow.
But she wasn't Harry's mum, he had DIana who was a very demonstrative and loving mother but also quite temperamental which I think is a trait that Harry has inherited from her,

Reactions: 16
But she wasn't Harry's mum, he had DIana who was a very demonstrative and loving mother but also quite temperamental which I think is a trait that Harry has inherited from her,
Diana, the peoples princess, was a shrewd and manipulative woman who knew when to turn the water works on.
I mentioned TQ because the press narrative seems to be how can Harry do this to his loving grandmother, but details from the family themselves seem to suggest she is anything but.

William seems to have inherited the never explain, never complain mentality and Harry seems to have gone duck this, I'm out...

They may be royal but at the end of the day they are just a fucked up family with deep rooted issues and I dont blame Harry one bit for walking away from it

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Prince Charles, in his autobiography I think it was called the Queen remote as a mother - and that was in the early 1990’s. Of course, her Queeny duties took up most of her time but that’s hard for a small child to understand especially when both parents are away for 6 months plus.

It was probably a typical aristocratic childhood - children see the parents for an hour before bedtime, high days and holidays and then off to pre/boarding school and only really connect as adults. I think it’s most probably the same as the one Charles had with Harry and William. Probably a little freer but more or less along the same lines.

Reactions: 11
Diana, the peoples princess, was a shrewd and manipulative woman who knew when to turn the water works on.
I mentioned TQ because the press narrative seems to be how can Harry do this to his loving grandmother, but details from the family themselves seem to suggest she is anything but.

William seems to have inherited the never explain, never complain mentality and Harry seems to have gone duck this, I'm out...

They may be royal but at the end of the day they are just a fucked up family with deep rooted issues and I dont blame Harry one bit for walking away from it
God yeah Diana was very manipulative and highly strung like a pedigree racehorse. The Queen is a cold and very calculating woman but she seemed to display more warmth towards Andrew than any of the others.

Reactions: 11
From what I’ve read and seen on documentaries etc she showed favourites for Andrew pretty early on - does anyone know why?
I think I’ve heard before that she had more time with him as a baby so bonded more with him. She was away so much when Charles and Anne were babies (remote as someone says above) that she didn’t feel a motherly attachment until Andrew.

Reactions: 8
I think I’ve heard before that she had more time with him as a baby so bonded more with him. She was away so much when Charles and Anne were babies (remote as someone says above) that she didn’t feel a motherly attachment until Andrew.
Yes I think it’s pretty well known that he was her favourite, I’ve always heard that said. I guess she was around more for his baby days.

Reactions: 4
That makes sense! There is an age gap between him and Anne.

Reactions: 3
It’s from what I’ve read and what the documentaries have said, that she showed favourites early on. I don’t know what she actually did, I wasn’t there?
Where did i say you were there?

I was wondering how she showed favouritism to one or the other.

Yes I heard/read the same. With Charles and Anne, she was still learning the queenly ropes and doing a lot of visits to the Commonwealth, as is customary for the new monarch. Due to the long gap between Anne and Andrew, she had more time to spend with him, so was probably able to form more of a bond.

Reactions: 5
While I wouldn’t disregard the idea that she favoured Andrew, I have never seen anything but rumours without even the slightest example. I can absolutely believe she is closer to her younger children because she spent more time with them and Andrew seemed to have taken the family constellation rather well as a young man while Edward was always a bit more on the sensitive side (allegedly). So not as emotional as Charles and Edward, more lighthearted and easy going but also not as tough as Anne who is said to be more like Philip, HMTQ might have found dealing with him easiest. But just because it would make sense doesn’t mean it’s actually true and as I said, I am missing the examples.

She is however, not exactly a dream mother. She has shown a tendency of just doing nothing (for reasons only she knows) when her family went off the rails. And I doubt her grandchildren or great grandchildren even spent that much time with her.
The whole family is said to be rather distant. And that’s ok. Being more stiff, not extremely emotional and keeping a stiff lip is not a crime. People are what they are and it seems the majority of them have found a way to be ok with it. Even play a pretty successful PR campaign together, selling themselves as loving and as if they actually like to spend time together.

I don’t think anyone in this thread faults Harry for stepping back. His unhappiness with the royal life is well documented. Even though he/they managed to built a better look for some years, where it seemed he had found an ok way for him (but while the yearlong whole George/Charlotte no photos for the public, Carole vs Charles drama created money for the tabloids went on, people in the royal watching community already predicted Harry would shield his children even more). It’s generally fine to step back. Be it because of a decades long problem with the situation or just because you don’t want it anymore after a good time. The question is how though.
And it’s not as if he wanted to actually step back. They originally wanted to carve out a new role very much inside of the RF. And only when they realised they wouldn’t get what they wanted the whole thing escalated (and over the course of a year escalated further and further).They still put their royal titles on everything. The “just call me Harry, just one of the lads” was only lip service. And they evoke the royal topic at every possible moment. And that is what drove most sympathetic, generally well meaning watchers away from them. Not the exit itself.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.