The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
and the difference in public opinion between Camilla and Meghan (especially at that time) is huge. Excluding the fact she will be queen consort and needs the extra protection anyway. What is it with Meghan and future Queen consorts she can't get along with? 😂
That fact she will never be Queen Consort ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 8
‘Prince Andrew and Harry WILL receive Queen's Platinum Jubilee medals alongside other royals, with Meghan Markle also likely to receive honour’ reports the Daily Mail!
They couldn't leave Megs out because of the racism allegations. They've done nothing to deserve it though. Public won't be happy either way.

Reactions: 4
Complaining to the BBC about such a trivial thing makes you wonder about the things they haven't sued about. The telegraph (I think) has published some uncomplimentary articles about her making Kate cry etc and she's never taken them on or if she has, then it doesn't appear to have worked.
They haven't sued The Times regarding the allegations of Meghan bullying staff either

Reactions: 9
Thing is this jubilee award is more a token, after the jubilee it won't have much meaning. Its not really something with much meaning

Reactions: 6
and the difference in public opinion between Camilla and Meghan (especially at that time) is huge. Excluding the fact she will be queen consort and needs the extra protection anyway. What is it with Meghan and future Queen consorts she can't get along with? 😂
Seething jealousy that she'll never be Queen.

Like those plastic medals they give out to all the participants at school sports day!
There was a radio sitcom that had a scene about medals and they mocked a probably fictional millennium medal as "a medal for being alive in the year 2000" I guess it's about the same here. A medal for being alive in the jubilee year.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There was a radio sitcom that had a scene about medals and they mocked a probably fictional millennium medal as "a medal for being alive in the year 2000" I guess it's about the same here. A medal for being alive in the jubilee year.
I still have my millennium mug I got given at age 7!

I like the Queen but I don’t feel she’s been strong enough on the Andrew situation or Harry. I can almost see her hiding under the bed hoping it would all go away. I understand her age but she’s still head of state and has enough family and staff to sort it out before now.

Reactions: 12
I like the Queen but I don’t feel she’s been strong enough on the Andrew situation or Harry. I can almost see her hiding under the bed hoping it would all go away. I understand her age but she’s still head of state and has enough family and staff to sort it out before now.
Yeah I agree, but also she is a 95 year old mother and grandmother. I know my grandparents would have found this situation difficult to handle. And she has also been criticised as a distant mother. I suspect this is the reason Charles and William have been stepping in more and more lately. I'm sure many of us have been there with elderly relatives.

Reactions: 16
Agree, but I think this might be a generational thing too? My grandparents are very much like this. They think problems or family rifts will disappear if you don't acknowledge them!

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.