The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s his safety net in case he’s not invited to the jubilee.
He’ll say it’s due to “security risks” not that his absence is because he’s not wanted.
I’ll give the Royal Family their due - I fell for the happy chappy Prince PR that they put out there when he was younger so it was a job well done.
Now he is no longer under their wing I see him for the sullen, selfish, totally lacking in self awareness person that he has, most likely, always been.
I recently saw a clip on YouTube - Prince Harry was at the Royal Variety and got roasted. He laughed and seemed amused:

To me it seems authentic?

A couple of years later, with Meghan, he comes across as more reserved:

Reactions: 2
Why is he wanting to visit anyway? He's bitched plenty about London. And who wants to see him? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I agree this is all part of the "I'm so hard done by" optics. Cry me a river.

Reactions: 16
Why is he wanting to visit anyway? He's bitched plenty about London. And who wants to see him? 🤷🏼‍♀️

I agree this is all part of the "I'm so hard done by" optics. Cry me a river.
He said it is because his home is the UK and he wants his children to know his home country (source: Daily Mail)

Reactions: 1
Maybe I'm being naive here, but how is he any less safe in the UK than America? Citizens have access to guns in America, paparazzi are more rampant - we’ve seen loads of pap pictures of Meghan in the past year - and his security won’t have access to US intelligence either. If your current security aren’t good enough, get some new ones.

If the met police were for hire you’d have Russian and Saudi billionaires buying access like it’s a football club.

Reactions: 18
Maybe I'm being naive here, but how is he any less safe in the UK than America? Citizens have access to guns in America, paparazzi are more rampant - we’ve seen loads of pap pictures of Meghan in the past year - and his security won’t have access to US intelligence either. If your current security aren’t good enough, get some new ones.

If the met police were for hire you’d have Russian and Saudi billionaires buying access like it’s a football club.
Because he is essentially a representative of the UK (he is still in line to the throne and a Prince) and therefore could be a target for terrorist attacks aimed at the UK (he referenced threats from Neo-Nazis in his letter before claim to the Home Office. Source: Daily Mail).

It is odd, I don't know why he is not being removed from the line of succession, but could imagine that - as with the title "Prince" - it is his birth right and could only be removed if he decides to remove himself/ "abdicate" in a way. But I don't know.

Andrew also kept his "Prince" title and is also in line of succession.

Reactions: 1

gov security has access to information not available to private security firms eg terrorism. That’s why he wants this level of security when he is in the uk.

regarding paps, it looks like there was an issue when He was over to do the statue unveiling, and had private bodyguards.

Reactions: 4
gov security has access to information not available to private security firms eg terrorism. That’s why he wants this level of security when he is in the uk.
Which I understand but the terrorism level isn’t higher in the U.K. than it is in America? And I’m sure there are other high profile people who are targets that don’t have the Met protection? I can see why he’d want it but I also don’t think he should get it.

Reactions: 15
What about when he goes on holiday abroad with his family, or if he visits one of his projects in Africa? Surely his team won't be privy to any other countries security intelligence either? Yet this issue seems to only affect him when he's in the big, bad UK? 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 20
Finding this latest Harry debacle utterly bizarre, and I think this DM comment nails it…
i think it’s just him finding out the grass isn’t greener on the Private Citizen side of the fence.

Really, the RF need to look at how they deal with Spares when they are no longer Spares. If you look at the last 5, we have the first becoming the heir and basically stepping into his brother’s shoes even down to marrying his brother’s finace, the second becoming the heir when he would have preferred to avoid it at all costs and then Princess Margaret (ex-spared at 18), Andrew (ex-spared in early 20’s) and Harry (ex-spared at almost 30) who have all really struggled. 18 years is a long time to have been The Second Most Important Person and almost trained for Queen/Kingship to be told to toddle off and find yourself something else to do now, pleas … within the accepted Royal parameters, obviously. I hope Charlotte (who I assume will be Princess Royal in the fullness of time) and Louis (possibly Duke of York awaits) are being prepared not to be the Monarch in the same way George is being prepared to be.

Reactions: 9
i think it’s just him finding out the grass isn’t greener on the Private Citizen side of the fence.
It's definitely this, with seemingly a hefty dose of obsessive paranoia and resentment thrown in. For all the expensive therapy he claims to have had, he seems to be in an angrier, sulkier state now than he was before.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Because he is essentially a representative of the UK (he is still in line to the throne and a Prince) and therefore could be a target for terrorist attacks aimed at the UK (he referenced threats from Neo-Nazis in his letter before claim to the Home Office. Source: Daily Mail).

It is odd, I don't know why he is not being removed from the line of succession, but could imagine that - as with the title "Prince" - it is his birth right and could only be removed if he decides to remove himself/ "abdicate" in a way. But I don't know.

Andrew also kept his "Prince" title and is also in line of succession.
He's entitled to as as much security as anyone else who is not a direct heir. Nothing.

Princess Anne and Prince Edward only get protection when on official royal duties and Princes Eugenie and Beatrice don't get anything. I've no idea why Andrew still got it but that's going to go.

Reactions: 13
He's entitled to as as much security as anyone else who is not a direct heir. Nothing.

Princess Anne and Prince Edward only get protection when on official royal duties and Princes Eugenie and Beatrice don't get anything. I've no idea why Andrew still got it but that's going to go.
Perhaps he should have thought about that before he trashed his home country then!

I was only quoting what I have read.

I don't think that he should get Met police protection.
Yes, he is still an heir to the throne and part of the BRF, but so are other non-working members of the BRF that don't have Met police protection either.
I guess Harry would say the difference in his case is: racism. (Which I don't agree with)

I would imagine that if Met police would hear that someone planned an attack on the BRF and Harry intended to come to the UK at the same time then the Met would warn either the BRF or him directly?

Reactions: 11
I was only quoting what I have read.

I don't think that he should get Met police protection.
Yes, he is still an heir to the throne and part of the BRF, but so are other non-working members of the BRF that don't have Met police protection either.
I guess Harry would say the difference in his case is: racism. (Which I don't agree with)

I would imagine that if Met police would hear that someone planned an attack on the BRF and Harry intended to come to the UK at the same time then the Met would warn either the BRF or him directly?
Of course they would.

Harry always held a position higher than his status. Because he and William were seen 'as the boys' everyone saw them as equals, even though they weren't. Harry enjoyed being seen on a parr with William because William and Catherine took him everywhere with them.

Through his own choice, Harry decided to leave all that. He is in no different a position to Zara Tindal, Peter Philips, Beatrice, Eugenie, Louise and James.

You're either in or out.

Reactions: 23

regarding paps, it looks like there was an issue when He was over to do the statue unveiling, and had private bodyguards.
Yep, these were all the paps following him. You can see the road was riddled with them!

Screenshot_20220116-133626-2.png

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Yep, these were all the paps following him. You can see the road was riddled with them!

View attachment 993120
I always find it amusing when celebrities have these massive 4x4 type cars. Especially since they live in the city or town. You’d fit in more if it wasn’t such an obnoxious car.

Really, the RF need to look at how they deal with Spares when they are no longer Spares. If you look at the last 5, we have the first becoming the heir and basically stepping into his brother’s shoes even down to marrying his brother’s finace, the second becoming the heir when he would have preferred to avoid it at all costs and then Princess Margaret (ex-spared at 18), Andrew (ex-spared in early 20’s) and Harry (ex-spared at almost 30) who have all really struggled. 18 years is a long time to have been The Second Most Important Person and almost trained for Queen/Kingship to be told to toddle off and find yourself something else to do now, pleas … within the accepted Royal parameters, obviously. I hope Charlotte (who I assume will be Princess Royal in the fullness of time) and Louis (possibly Duke of York awaits) are being prepared not to be the Monarch in the same way George is being prepared to be.
I agree - I do think Royal families are cruel in this way - you basically have to find a suitable partner and then you have to have an heir and then you need to have a spare. And the heir doesn’t get a choice in what they want to do in life - if they do quit it’s seen as the end of the world. Eurgh, I’d hate to have been born into that life.

Reactions: 10
And there goes the basis for the H&M got thrown to the wolves to distract from Andrew claims. Those two have a lucky hand to just always come up with tit like that just by themselves. The RF really has to do nothing but just sit back and let it play out.
I don’t get his claims anyway and might agree with the posters that think it’s because they are actually not wanted or not wanted with the profile (balcony, their own engagements for the crown…) they want for the jubilee.
He cannot just hire police protection officers in the UK. No one can. The force is not up for the highest bidder. He is not representing the UK anymore. That has nothing to do with the line of succession. If he think him holding a spot there is a safety problem he can give it up. But he is not willing to do that is he? Even it’s pretty sure he will never be needed anyway. Even if both would join the fold again, they might not get police protection most of the time either. So what is he actually complaining about? His family cannot do anything about it. And the police won’t start making exceptions.
So many questions. Why did he have to chirp up again instead of letting Andrew burn? Why does he never have anything other to offer than Victim Harry?
An almost 40 year old multi millionaire still crying about his hardship all the time is really not a good look.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
ITV aren’t pulling any punches with this title: ‘Ghislaine, Prince Andrew and the Paedophile’.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
To be fair to Harry, when you've spent your life being chauffeured around in top-spec Range Rovers and Bentleys, it must have stung when he was picked up at Heathrow in a Volkswagen Caravelle for the statue unveiling :ROFLMAO:. Poor lad.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.