The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it true that Andy gave the newsnight interview without consulting the royal household? If there is any truth in that I'm sure his family are vexxed with him. The arrogance of him to think that was going to go down well is shocking.

Reactions: 4
Is it true that Andy gave the newsnight interview without consulting the royal household? If there is any truth in that I'm sure his family are vexxed with him. The arrogance of him to think that was going to go down well is shocking.
The Queen was in agreement for him to do it. I think Beatrice and Fergie were more hands on with the development of what he would say etc

Forget the royal household. He should have engaged a top notch media trainer and crisis communications firm. And been rehearsed for every possible question to within an inch of his life. The fact that he decided he didn’t need to do that kind of preparation speaks volumes about his ego.

Reactions: 15
Forget the royal household. He should have engaged a top notch media trainer and crisis communications firm. And been rehearsed for every possible question to within an inch of his life. The fact that he decided he didn’t need to do that kind of preparation speaks volumes about his ego.
Agree, I remember watching it at the time thinking who let him do this. I suppose he's used to people not questioning or challenging him.

First time on here, felt I had to comment. I’m sorry but I think some of these latest photos are dreadful. Kate is a beautiful woman but these shots look strange. The worst one is the red dress photo where it looks like her head has been superimposed on her body.

I don’t know what on earth happened but if this was a school report I would be giving the photographer a fail.
Heavily photoshoped. It's not ugly per se but don't look like Kate with some questionable fashion choices, so yes, it's a bit tacky

Reactions: 7
I do think they know certain things. If they knew the full extent, or if only his older relatives/siblings knew, if they thought he would get away and didn’t want to be involved, if they refused to get information so they could say they know nothing… who knows.
What I don’t believe is that W&K would use the trump card of their children for PA. They spent years to find an already pretty tight balance between their children and the press. And they will rather use them for their own gain and they needed it in the last two years.
This rumour is pretty weak. Especially as the only version I heard was from US reporters. As if they had any access in the first place. No word from UK tabloids/newspapers. And they have reported on him, the case, the train wreck interview. But as it’s mostly old news I get why they didn’t jump on it as if it’s the hottest news. Her claims have been out there for years and have been through the press years ago. And it’s just not as interesting to the standard tabloid reader as the newest gossip of the whole brother feud. I think that says it all about the state of humanity.
I don't believe that for one second either. There has been no love lost between Andrew and Charles (and later William) for many years.

Even before this blew up Charles and Andrew where at loggerheads because Andrew wanted his girls to have full royal roles, privileges and security and Charles was having non of it because he intended to downsize the RF. William is very much on the same page as his father with that.

The incidents of Andrew smashing in gates with his Range Rover will not have gone down well either. This has all been a long time coming for Andrew.

Reactions: 13
Morning all

Poor Prince Andrew, he’s in a bit of a pickle isn’t he? *The Branson situation.*
I'm embarrassed to admit just how long I spent thinking "Ooh, what's Richard Branson been up to.. welllll wouldn't surprise me.. another billionaire with an island.. I should Google this one.." before I clicked to the pickle pun 🤦‍♀️ but it was a while.

• Haha

I wasn’t expecting this - I thought Harry was settled in America, though I don’t really follow Harry and Meghan?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Why did they photoshop the picture to death. Lets face it Kate would look great in a bin bag!

So glad Andrew is getting served his just desserts!

Reactions: 5

I wasn’t expecting this - I thought Harry was settled in America, though I don’t really follow Harry and Meghan?
Does this mean he expects a group of British security staff to just up sticks from their lives and families and move permanently to America? :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does this mean he expects a group of British security staff to just up sticks from their lives and families and move permanently to America? :rolleyes:
I don't think so - I read it as he's expecting to still get security when he's in the UK. Apparently he was given security when he was here for Prince Philip's funeral, but not when he came over for unveiling the Diana statue and he's kicking off about it. The article also says that Princess Anne and Prince Edward only have security when they're on royal duties, so I expect the Queen will say if Harry wants to come back and do some royal duties he can have a security team when he does so.

Seems a strange move on Harry's part to expect people to not question of get annoyed at him for this. People of the UK have had to go through a pandemic with jobs and loved ones lost, now facing an energy crisis where people can't afford to hear their homes and a PM showing contempt for the nation, but he thinks now is the time to complain about paying for security when we've seen all the big deals he's signed in 2021.

I think the press had a huge part to play in Harry's popularity plummeting but strange decisions like this don't help and just show he's completely stupid.

Reactions: 22
Harry doesn't seem to understand the difference between being a working Royal and a private citizen.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Why should he be able to hire met police? Nobody else can do that. I have two theories.
1 he's just trying to hide the fact that he won't be invited to the jubilee. He'll refuse to come instead because he won't be given security.
2 He wants tax payer funded security in the UK and he's only offering to pay for it to make himself look good and because he knows that he wouldn't be allowed to do that anyway. He's hoping that kicking up a fuss will lead to them saying that he does need security but he won't be allowed to pay for it and will get it for free.

• Sick
Reactions: 17
Another theory: H&M need a story to create content for their Netflix etc deals, and there is only so long he can dine out on the story of him losing his mother as a child, so now they are planning to Jussie Smollett themselves and the demands for security are a set up for that - they know they are not going to get it, so he will be able to point fingers and say «they tried to do to my young family what they did to my mother!»

• Wow
I don't think so - I read it as he's expecting to still get security when he's in the UK. Apparently he was given security when he was here for Prince Philip's funeral, but not when he came over for unveiling the Diana statue and he's kicking off about it. The article also says that Princess Anne and Prince Edward only have security when they're on royal duties, so I expect the Queen will say if Harry wants to come back and do some royal duties he can have a security team when he does so.
Thank you. That makes sense. I was skim-reading it whilst watching the Masked Singer and having just drunk a large bottle of Smirnoff Ice Raspberry. I like to keep it classy on a Saturday night.

So Harry starting the year exactly how he moaned his way through the last one 😴

• Haha
Seems a strange move on Harry's part to expect people to not question of get annoyed at him for this. People of the UK have had to go through a pandemic with jobs and loved ones lost, now facing an energy crisis where people can't afford to hear their homes and a PM showing contempt for the nation, but he thinks now is the time to complain about paying for security when we've seen all the big deals he's signed in 2021.

I think the press had a huge part to play in Harry's popularity plummeting but strange decisions like this don't help and just show he's completely stupid.
He isn't very bright a bit on the slow side methinks, not as good as manipulating the press as his Mother was.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.