The Royal Family #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not really King George vi was only In hid 50's when he died and his youngest daughter Princess Margaret was in her 70's, Prince Philip almost made it but didn't. The only one who has lived over 100 is the Queen Mother.
to be fair, most of the grandchildren of George V have made it into at least their late 70’s … of the ones still with us, Prince Richard is the youngest at 77.
There is longevity in those genes, but they can’t combat lifestyle and virtually chain smoking for decades.

Reactions: 1
I don’t follow much of the royal family in the press but have occasionally glanced at the Harry and Meghan thread on here - honest question, if Harry and Meghan are as hated in the RF as the people on the forum think they are, why would Eugenie attend the Super Bowl with Harry?
Either

1) they aren't and the press love to exaggerate it because h&m have called out the UK press on plenty of occasions, including winning a case against the Mail

Or

2) he's always got along well with Eugenie and Harry's relationship with his father and brother wouldn't affect that.

Probably a bit of both for me

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I don’t follow much of the royal family in the press but have occasionally glanced at the Harry and Meghan thread on here - honest question, if Harry and Meghan are as hated in the RF as the people on the forum think they are, why would Eugenie attend the Super Bowl with Harry?
I don’t think the family do hate him, the thread is a bit full on and should be taken with a pinch of salt, some people on there think Archie is a doll. I think the family have just been disappointed in him for the way he’s acted and how he’s aired it all in public. Eugenie has publicly supported Harry and Meghan, sharing posts her on instagram about them and it’s known her and Harry are close. However, she also thought her fathers BBC interview would be a good idea and was one of the people pushing for it, so her judgment is very questionable.

Reactions: 7
I think you can disagree with how certain things have been handled but still be friends with your cousin. Growing up in the Royal Family is a very unique position and so being close to the few people who can understand that fish bowl is probably good. The press like to make out it is all completely black and white with H&M being bad apples but there are always lots of grey areas and things not reported or not done so fully.

Reactions: 10
to be fair, most of the grandchildren of George V have made it into at least their late 70’s … of the ones still with us, Prince Richard is the youngest at 77.
There is longevity in those genes, but they can’t combat lifestyle and virtually chain smoking for decades.
I know but these days 70's isn't considered to be that old as ordinary people as well as the Royals are living longer. But to say that the Queen will reach a century because that's what they do is OTT.

I know but these days 70's isn't considered to be that old as ordinary people as well as the Royals are living longer. But to say that the Queen will reach a century because that's what they do is OTT.
Yes Prince Philip just missed it after all. There are no guarantees no matter who your doctor is.

Reactions: 3
Oh, absolutely but taking into account the medicine of the times and general illnesses bopping about, the Hanoverians-cum-Saxe-Cobergs have managed as a group to do fairly well in the longevity stakes (not forgetting that Prince Philip also is of that line)

Oh, absolutely but taking into account the medicine of the times and general illnesses bopping about, the Hanoverians-cum-Saxe-Cobergs have managed as a group to do fairly well in the longevity stakes (not forgetting that Prince Philip also is of that line)
Okay fine the Queen will live to over 100 because "that's what they do"🙄

Okay fine the Queen will live to over 100 because "that's what they do"🙄
No, not saying that at all 😀.
just saying that she is lucky to come from a family who seem to reach what would be considered elderly with relative ease.
I‘ve said numerous times that at 95 she will basically being kept in bubblewrap until at least June and nothing will be being taken for granted.

No, not saying that at all 😀.
just saying that she is lucky to come from a family who seem to reach what would be considered elderly with relative ease.
I‘ve said numerous times that at 95 she will basically being kept in bubblewrap until at least June and nothing will be being taken for granted.
Another poster said that and that was what I was commenting on originally which leads me into thinking you missed my original point. Anyway that's all.....

Another poster said that and that was what I was commenting on originally which leads me into thinking you missed my original point. Anyway that's all.....
Yeah, I said it, it was tongue in cheek really. I've no idea how long she or anyone will live. Sorry if I've annoyed you, wasn't my intention.

Here's hoping her Majesty gets to send herself a 100th Birthday Card. Am sure the Andrew stuff is upsetting for her, but she will push on. Hope that Charles takes over the family biz soon & the Queen can finally chill out & enjoy her time.

Camilla now has Covid. The Queen is being 'closely monitored.'

Hope that Charles takes over the family biz soon & the Queen can finally chill out & enjoy her time.
The Queen won't retire. She'll die in office.

Reactions: 8
Here's hoping her Majesty gets to send herself a 100th Birthday Card. Am sure the Andrew stuff is upsetting for her, but she will push on. Hope that Charles takes over the family biz soon & the Queen can finally chill out & enjoy her time.
That won't ever happen. The Queen completely believes that her role is a divine one and that it is her job for life. Abdication is just not the done thing in the British royal family.

Reactions: 9
The Queen will be doing daily LFT’s like anyone else who’s been a close contact I’d imagine.

The Queen will be doing daily LFT’s like anyone else who’s been a close contact I’d imagine.
She will have to so a PCR a well, I have just done one as a colleague of mine has tested positive. All my LfTs have been negative and I feel fine so fingers crossed.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.