Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SpindleWhorl

VIP Member
It's Omicron and they've been triple vaxxed, they probably won't even get any symptoms let alone becoming seriously ill

Reactions: 2

TYL159

Chatty Member
Yeah but at least if a President or prime minister are sullied you can get rid. You’re stuck with the whole stinking lot of the RF.
You then end up with the deeply divisive party political Presidents like in France or the USA who half the country hate. Hence I am and always will be a monarchist.

In any case as the abdication showed Parliament can replace one monarch with the next in the line of succession if absolutely necessary

Boring Monday

VIP Member
I wonder how long the Duke of Kent can keep going; he's looked very frail the last couple of times he's been in public. He's 86.

The Duke of Gloucester is 77 and the youngest of that generation of cousins. The Duchess is 75.
The Duke of Kent has had stroke a few years ago and didn’t he have a hip problem as well?
Princess Alexandra is 85, as well.

Can Andy go to prison?
Not from a Civil case, no.

Isa_Drennan

VIP Member
They also go to Scotland too and when they do often for royal connected places like Edinburgh castle or Holyroodhouse Palace or the royal yacht Britannia. Charles has also said he will make Balmoral into a memorial to the Queen when she dies for visitors.

Scotland of course has even worse weather than England, it is certainly not our beaches and warm sunshine we get people visiting for!
Edinburgh Castle and Holyroodhouse predate the UK monarchy and would continue to be tourist attractions regardless. If Charles wants to turn Balmoral into a tourist attraction he can do so as King or as a private individual, it would be his own private property after all.

People don’t visit Scotland for the weather but they do for many reasons other than royals. The television show Outlander has had a huge impact on our tourism, should we make the writer or a cast member our head of state?

TYL159

Chatty Member
I'd just come here to post about this.
Just a hatchet job by Republic which has an agenda. Plenty of Lords have been Labour or Tory donors. Note however Charles was not directly involved in the running of this charity and is not under any investigation for any charitable donations

• Sick

Eirawen

VIP Member
I can see TQ paying for him to stay at the Royal Lodge but there is no way she can be seen to be involved in any pay off or legal fees.

I don't think it makes any difference that Harry wants to pay for his security. You don't just hire Royalty protection who are armed.

Any other A list celebrity who visits the UK has to do with unarmed, private security. You're a private citizen Harry. It's what you wanted.
She will just give him the money but not be seen as being involved in a pay off or legal fees, she will help him out as much as she can. She has always seemed to have a softer spot for him than any of her other kids she always looks happier in his company, maybe he can make her laugh, he makes me laugh but for the wrong reasons.

• Haha

lokencrepis

That’s cool, I didn’t know about this technique! Wish they had some red on her lips because it looks a bit washed out for me.
Same here! A red lip and maybe some garnet earrings would look fantastic, bringing the colour up to her face! (this effect looks incredible with red heads)

a musician

This is quite an interesting Twitter thread. Still don’t think there’s a way back for Andrew though.

• Wow

thegirlscout

VIP Member
Because she married a commoner!

The question of Patricia's marriage was the subject of much speculation in the Edwardian era, as she was considered one of the most beautiful and eligible royal princesses of her generation. She was matched with various foreign royalties, including the King of Spain, the Prince Royal of Portugal, the future Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz[10] and Grand Duke Michael of Russia, younger brother of Tsar Nicholas II.[4]

In the end, however, Patricia chose a commoner rather than a husband of royal blood. She married naval Commander (later Admiral) Alexander Ramsay (29 May 1881 – 8 October 1972), one of her father's aides-de-camp and third son of the 13th Earl of Dalhousie, at Westminster Abbey on 27 February 1919.

On the occasion of her marriage, Princess Patricia of Connaught was permitted by Royal Warrant to relinquish the style of Royal Highness and the title of Princess of Great Britain and Ireland.[1] She was granted by Royal Warrant of 25 February 1919 the style of Lady Victoria Patricia Helena Elizabeth Ramsay, with special precedence immediately before the Marchionesses of England.[1] Since the Royal Warrant stated that her change in style took effect only upon the solemnization of her marriage, she entered the church as a Princess and Royal Highness and left as a Lady, a daughter of a royal duke.
But did she really wish to relinquish it or did it to save her family face for marrying a commoner?

elliebee27

VIP Member
As I've said before - it's pretty open knowledge William cheated on her during their dating years and they had many break-ups. His "I'm free," anyone? So any affairs would not shock me whatsoever. I would not be shocked if Meghan was the one who spread the knowledge!!

Spid

VIP Member
With a jury trial he probably thinks he can't be convicted because it can't be proved beyond a reasonable doubt?