Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Eirawen

VIP Member
I know!
I just find it ludicrous that the daughter of a princess/granddaughter of the queen is seriously considered as being not as royal as the daughter of the owners of a naff party planning company.
What I find even more ludicrous is the idea that anyone would bow and scrape to any of them. 🤷‍♀️
YeAh it is rather naff.

Reactions: 3

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
Theyve held back on Andrew yet gone to shreds on that footballer greenwood. Sorry forgotten his name I don’t really know much about football.
There are the recordings for starters but the media are just reporting what has happened. He has been suspended by the club. Various team mates have unfollowed on social media. Police have arrested him etc etc. It's just factual. If he is charged with any criminal proceedings it stop overnight.

Facts have been reported about Andrew. The media cannot report anything else.

Reactions: 3
I'm not sure her not specifying places, dates and names is a fair criticism. Would you have gotten the names of the multiple men who raped you before they left the room? It sounds like JE had a constant stream of people coming and going so it's understandable she probably had no idea herself. She may not be entirely innocent but she's definitely dealing with a lot of trauma which could explain the holes in her story.
If they were well-known positions and business men - as she had claimed - then yes.

Reactions: 2

Multi-21

VIP Member
Maybe she could say a lot which was credible and people would believe but she didn’t have enough evidence to actually back it up in fronts of Andrew’s lawyers so she wasn’t going to win. This way he avoids all that coming out (even though it can’t be proved, we all know mud sticks) and she avoids losing in court.

Boring Monday

VIP Member
Ooh, that is pretty.
I rather like the tiara Camilla has from her own family - her grandmother? the Cubitt tiara.

JAR21

VIP Member
This is worth a read:

thegirlscout

VIP Member
@thegirlscout, I take your comment that many may be used to Paolo Roversi, & I agree that his style is not consistent across all three pictures. The point was that the ‘Boudicca’ was consistent. My dodgy slapdash grammar there!

The Boudicca reminds me of Julia Margaret Cameron, pioneer of Victorian portrait photographer. I think the photo belows dates C.1870, & given C’s interest in photography & study of History of Art, her pose may not be accidental.

By the by, should anyone care to delve deeper, the JMC study is called Alethea which comes from the Greek/Ancient Greek for truth - quite the smart poke for Ms Markell.
Thank you for clarifying! I see what you mean about Boudicca, I also think there could be an argument that the portait of her sitting down is reminiscent to some depictions of Britannia. It’s quite interesting when you get into it!

To be honest, I’m not sure anything that photoshopped, filtered and tinkered with merits being called ‘ethereal’. Parts are more heavy handed than delicate, to me.
I see what you mean. It’s a bit difficult because all photos of celebrities etc these days are photoshopped etc. When I call Paolo Roversi’s work ethereal I mean that it looks otherworldly and almost celestial?

And removing the RF would especially change nothing
Hmmm, I wonder if would start a change though? I don’t believe it would be straight away but maybe over a long term period the class system would shift?

Last edited:

President_Butthead

What a load of offensive crap.

The royal family are the dictionary definition of “bystanders to injustice or prejudice” as they do not intervene on political or newsworthy issues pertaining to injustice or prejudice.
Because of how the British constitutional system works - we don't know the extent of their behind the scenes influence. The Guardian newspaper does good work in digging out their influence in contemporary life

The most obvious example from history is

The Entente Cordiale was the culmination of the policy of Théophile Delcassé, France’s foreign minister from 1898, who believed that a Franco-British understanding would give France some security against any German system of alliances in western Europe. Credit for the success of the negotiation belongs chiefly to Paul Cambon, France’s ambassador in London, and to the British foreign secretary Lord Lansdowne; but the pro-French inclination of the British sovereign, Edward VII, was a contributory factor.

In summary our unelected King was loved in Paris and decided that we should be firm allies with the French, and moved our foreign policy to support this view.

• Sick

Popcorn&Peanuts

Eugenie has shared a snap of little August for his first birthday. I suppose Daily Fail will write an article condemning her for not showing face of her baby. And a little bit of conspiracy theory about August being a doll.:unsure::giggle:
Nah, don't you know... only Meghan has dolls and a prosthetic bump. :LOL:

Phoenix Lazarus

VIP Member
Sadly I would imagine that Prince Andrew....(much as I dislike him) is going to be crippled in the court of public opinion and found guilty of trafficking her. its too close in time, to the guilty verdict for Ghislaine Maxwell, for him to be seen as innocent.
Prince Andrew sings to Queen (apologies to Bananarama): "Only you can get me off scot-free, 'cause I'm guilty, guilty over Ginny Giuffre!"

So tourists visiting the UK only visit England and for the royal “attractions”?
To be fair, she said "plenty of people" and not "tourists (...) only (...)".

And it's true, I have seen a few people on Insta that do come to England purely for the Royals. I don't know how many, but it seems fair to say "plenty".

ls240898

VIP Member
I don’t follow much of the royal family in the press but have occasionally glanced at the Harry and Meghan thread on here - honest question, if Harry and Meghan are as hated in the RF as the people on the forum think they are, why would Eugenie attend the Super Bowl with Harry?

lokencrepis

View attachment 975941This one I really like - it’s giving me turn of the century vibes. I think it’s rather lovely.

View attachment 975944
This however is giving me 80s prom photo vibes and the soft filtering around the edges here looks quite dated. Not at all a fan.

View attachment 975945
I like that they have one in colour, however her face looks a bit…off? A bit one dimensional, I wonder if that’s due to the photoshopping and smoothing of her lines.
They have keyed red in this photo. Means that they are 'pushing' the red through more than other colours. It will create a washed out effect, as its essentially another version of Black & White and Sepia.

Chinese_whispers

VIP Member
It won't affect the royal family at all given Prince Andrew has lost his HRH and positions and now only 9th in line to the throne.
He might be very minor in rank and lost his HRH but that doesn't mean that people won't think less of them as a whole. It might not be one massive thing that gets them out but little things collecting together.

TYL159

Chatty Member
And where did she get that personal net worth from? The royals one way or another, get a vast sum of their money via the taxpayers.

I see a lot of comments from the news and social media saying it’s good that Andrew has done this because it takes the pressure off the Royal family and the Queen, especially in her jubilee year…erm what about Virgina, the victim in all of this? What about her family?
They don't actually. The Queen's wealth is inherited and from the Duchy of Lancaster property and assets.

The Sovereign Grant comes from the profits of the Crown Estate, not from taxpayers. It was VG's decision to settle and take the money, as most other Epstein clients settled or had NDAs with the young women who worked for him

CuriousCat92

Chatty Member
New thread

Kate’s picture gives me the same vibes as the one PMargaret hated in the crown and went ahead and had the picture Lord Snowden took instead. It’s very old fashioned and I’m quite traditional
I thought exactly this. Interesting that this is how she wants to be cast.