Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SavetheDrama

VIP Member
The photographer gave an interview for an Italian outlet. Apparently * the close up photo was chosen by William and their children. it’s my least favourite of the three but I think that’s really sweet. Must be something about it which reminds them of her at home.

*according to the fashion editor at the Telegraph, Bethan Holt, who shared some extracts translated. The article is in Italian so not 100% sure. https://www.corriere.it/esteri/22_g...no-9164aa08-70bc-11ec-bed9-868e21cce827.shtml

As I said in the last thread, I think these are lovely and appropriate for the occasion. I also like the way it harkens back to Cecil Beaton and the pre-raphelites.
I speak Italian and I don’t see anything about her family choosing any of the photos in the article. Maybe the quote is somewhere else.

Reactions: 2

SloaneRanger

Chatty Member
I always think her eyebrows look uneven. She is stunning tho, no need for all the photoshop. Particularly the red dress picture, there is something off. It’s her face and the way her hair is right back maybe?

Boring Monday

VIP Member
To announce them as His Majesty King Charles the Third and Camilla, The Princess Consort would have made her sound like a Courtesan/Whore.

It also solves the problem of her title if Charles dies before her, she simply continues to be HM Queen Camilla.
Queen Dowager,I think?

Tinksmum

VIP Member
They didn’t take his title. There is a difference between his title - Prince Andrew, Duke of York - and his style of address - Your Royal Highness. He has been allowed to keep his titles. He cannot use the style of address of Your Royal Highness (or be addressed as such) in any public capacity. I am sure in private his servants will continue addressing him as such.
Oh I see thanks for explaining, so his daughters will still be princesses - I get it now

Suzesnooze

VIP Member
Oh wow, why did she relinquish it?
Because she married a commoner!

The question of Patricia's marriage was the subject of much speculation in the Edwardian era, as she was considered one of the most beautiful and eligible royal princesses of her generation. She was matched with various foreign royalties, including the King of Spain, the Prince Royal of Portugal, the future Grand Duke of Mecklenburg-Strelitz[10] and Grand Duke Michael of Russia, younger brother of Tsar Nicholas II.[4]

In the end, however, Patricia chose a commoner rather than a husband of royal blood. She married naval Commander (later Admiral) Alexander Ramsay (29 May 1881 – 8 October 1972), one of her father's aides-de-camp and third son of the 13th Earl of Dalhousie, at Westminster Abbey on 27 February 1919.

On the occasion of her marriage, Princess Patricia of Connaught was permitted by Royal Warrant to relinquish the style of Royal Highness and the title of Princess of Great Britain and Ireland.[1] She was granted by Royal Warrant of 25 February 1919 the style of Lady Victoria Patricia Helena Elizabeth Ramsay, with special precedence immediately before the Marchionesses of England.[1] Since the Royal Warrant stated that her change in style took effect only upon the solemnization of her marriage, she entered the church as a Princess and Royal Highness and left as a Lady, a daughter of a royal duke.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
A lot of them are old fashioned and large to go with the cottage loaf big hair styles.
I think you need to have bigger hair to wear a tiara or otherwise you have a Sophie Wessex situation of seeing the band and grips and spoiling the illusion. No offence to Sophie but she ruins the look of a tiara as her hairstyles never fit them. She should fire her stylist.
AAF84B8A-7532-4119-AF03-72F3904C6889.jpeg

mindlessness

VIP Member
I speak Italian and I don’t see anything about her family choosing any of the photos in the article. Maybe the quote is somewhere else.
Thank you! I was hoping we had a tattler who read Italian. I wasn’t 100% sure. It was in Bethan Holt’s IG stories.

Any other A list celebrity who visits the UK has to do with unarmed, private security. You're a private citizen Harry. It's what you wanted.
This.

But I’m a bit confused. He’s willing to pay for it but then Gatling the government to court for not providing it. Or have I read it wrong?

Blurp

VIP Member
God our school trips were a lot more prosaic. One was a week youth hostelling and walking in the Peak District... def no vodka, champagne, caviar or boys! Very wholesome :ROFLMAO:
Oh, gods, we had a day off for some royal wedding or other, and we got taken to Stratford Upon Avon for some cultural delight - D'Carte Company staging Iolanthe. Just what a load of young teenagers want. Another day was a trip to the Mumbles in South Wales. They really had a weird idea of children and their tastes in entertainment.

• Haha

Eirawen

VIP Member
Apparently they wanted to visit here after seeing it on the TV.

I have difficulty seeing PW as anything other than a spoiled brat after the Christmas story of not wanting to watch a particular film with the staff, making them change it then buggering off to shoot instead at the last minute.
First I have heard of this!!

jkroche95

VIP Member
the photo of Kate playing the piano at the carol service would have been a great birthday portrait. She looked stunning in that!

mindlessness

VIP Member
Try this one:

Thank you! It looks like a great read. I had just started scrolling this post and was taken aback realising how much Kate's eyeliner approach has changed over the years! For the better I think? 😅