The Radford Family #57 Only famous for how much they breed, will the next Radford baby be named “Sweed”

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The things people will believe!
Authorities investigated and said he did no wrong ermmm she was a 13 yr old child in the eyes of the law he certainly did commit a crime, living arrangements shouldn't be an excuse

An you couldn't say she looks older either because she doesn't.
i may be misremembering this, but didn't Sue's mother claim that she didn't report it, because her GP advised her not to - which is all levels of wrong, as surely he had a safeguarding duty and should have lost his job protecting a rapist. according to her, the GP said that if she were to report Noel's crime, it would likely result in Sue and Noel running away together and would ruin their mother/daughter relationship as Sue would be angry with her parents that her boyfriend had been prosecuted, so instead she opted to support their relationship and pretty much raise baby Chris herself - presumably with the "it's okay you groomed, abused and raped my daughter - as long as you work hard and stay together" instead of protecting the victim - their 13 year old daughter - as she deserved. as a result, I'm not sure social services WERE involved - let alone that they investigated the situation and decided Noel had done nothing wrong because them sleeping together was consensual - that seems to be an assumption made by their fans as they think SS would have to have been involved due to Sue and Noel being in care, which they weren't.

and seemingly their GP didn't step in and report the abuse, so the fact Noel hasn't been reported/prosecuted for his crimes seems to have been twisted into the defense that social services and the police were totally okay with him breaking the law on the basis that he had a tough childhood living in foster homes, that Sue lied about her age/looked so much older than she was (?!) and victim blamed a child because "it takes two to make a baby". 🙄🙄

Reactions: 15
When you look at what happened to Philip Schofield and Huw Edwards, while Sue and Noel are being turned into an inspirational feel good book. Perfect for a mother's day gift.

Reactions: 10
i may be misremembering this, but didn't Sue's mother claim that she didn't report it, because her GP advised her not to - which is all levels of wrong, as surely he had a safeguarding duty and should have lost his job protecting a rapist. according to her, the GP said that if she were to report Noel's crime, it would likely result in Sue and Noel running away together and would ruin their mother/daughter relationship as Sue would be angry with her parents that her boyfriend had been prosecuted, so instead she opted to support their relationship and pretty much raise baby Chris herself - presumably with the "it's okay you groomed, abused and raped my daughter - as long as you work hard and stay together" instead of protecting the victim - their 13 year old daughter - as she deserved. as a result, I'm not sure social services WERE involved - let alone that they investigated the situation and decided Noel had done nothing wrong because them sleeping together was consensual - that seems to be an assumption made by their fans as they think SS would have to have been involved due to Sue and Noel being in care, which they weren't.

and seemingly their GP didn't step in and report the abuse, so the fact Noel hasn't been reported/prosecuted for his crimes seems to have been twisted into the defense that social services and the police were totally okay with him breaking the law on the basis that he had a tough childhood living in foster homes, that Sue lied about her age/looked so much older than she was (?!) and victim blamed a child because "it takes two to make a baby". 🙄🙄
I remember her mum saying this potentially on the show, that she was told not to report anything or they'd run away instead of protecting her young child she let it continue with an adult.

Loads of people could have stepped in but didn't
The doctor
School staff
Midwives

And yet it disgusts and sickens sue if someone questions if it were tillie.

• Angry
Reactions: 13
I don’t believe for one second, that a GP would give that type of advice. This was 1989, the same laws that are in place now were in place back then. Yes, there was grooming on a big scale as we’ve seen with the likes of Jimmy Savile and Rolf Harris, but actually 13-year-old child falling pregnant to a boy five years older than her would have raised some eyebrows at the very least. It may be that he was a “lovely boy” and her parents adored him but he was still wrong for going there. I don’t know if, when a baby gets adopted, they have a social worker assigned to them but I would imagine social services would have been quite interested at that time . We won’t ever really know what happened unless someone can dig up the archives around that time (I can’t!) But there are more people than just the family that know that story and one day, somebody will see fit to do a tell all.

Reactions: 8
How different would it have been if Noel had been reported! Sue could have brought Chris up with her parents help, had an education, met a nice guy in her twenties have a couple of kids. We wouldn't be subjected to all this crap

How different would it have been if Noel had been reported! Sue could have brought Chris up with her parents help, had an education, met a nice guy in her twenties have a couple of kids. We wouldn't be subjected to all this crap
I have zero sympathy for her. Nobody forced her to keep churning baby after baby out. There’s a reasonable gap between the first and second one. She’s also an aggressive, bragging witch to boot!

Reactions: 13
I have zero sympathy for her. Nobody forced her to keep churning baby after baby out. There’s a reasonable gap between the first and second one. She’s also an aggressive, bragging witch to boot!
I think to a degree Noel has controlled her having babies. He’s probably told her they’re having sex and he won’t use protection. Because I don’t think they ever wanted 22 kids but they’ve ended up with them cos they’re against abortion and contraception - that’s how I see it

I think to a degree Noel has controlled her having babies. He’s probably told her they’re having sex and he won’t use protection. Because I don’t think they ever wanted 22 kids but they’ve ended up with them cos they’re against abortion and contraception - that’s how I see it
I think you're absolutely right that he's the one who wanted baby after baby without a care for her and her body. They did want a big family, hence all the kids when they started doing the big families programmes. But when Nowull realised that there was money to be made out of selling his kids on tV and online, I bet he made her have more and more. I doubt being against contraception was the driver, it was the money. Nowull could see a life for himself that he didn't have a hope of having if he had stuck to 10 less babies. They wanted to be the biggest family, never mind that no parents would be able to effectively parent so many kids. Hence why the kids have grown up with no ambition, little education, little parental support. Once the money came in its all about buying them expensive stuff and thinking that makes them good parents. It doesn't. But I do think Nowull is the 'brains' behind the operation, I see her as a victim. Groomed and raped from childhood she hasn't a clue how to get herself out of that situation. They are awful people and shockingly bad parents with messed up kids.

Reactions: 11
🤔 didnt he “ supposedly” have a vasectomy reversal operation done after about 10 kids because they loved having children so much ? Think all that was a complete fabrication…

• Wow
I think you're absolutely right that he's the one who wanted baby after baby without a care for her and her body. They did want a big family, hence all the kids when they started doing the big families programmes. But when Nowull realised that there was money to be made out of selling his kids on tV and online, I bet he made her have more and more. I doubt being against contraception was the driver, it was the money. Nowull could see a life for himself that he didn't have a hope of having if he had stuck to 10 less babies. They wanted to be the biggest family, never mind that no parents would be able to effectively parent so many kids. Hence why the kids have grown up with no ambition, little education, little parental support. Once the money came in its all about buying them expensive stuff and thinking that makes them good parents. It doesn't. But I do think Nowull is the 'brains' behind the operation, I see her as a victim. Groomed and raped from childhood she hasn't a clue how to get herself out of that situation. They are awful people and shockingly bad parents with messed up kids.
If you watch "17 kids and counting" where Sue suffers a miscarriage then Alfie is stillborn. Sue says she's finding pregnancy hard and thinks this baby should be the last but Noel is keen for the continue having babies. This bit is before she loses Alfie.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Wonder if the book will include this photo of the happy couple with their first baby?

(She looks like she's first time babysitting and Noel look their parents dragged him into a family photo with his siblings on his way out the door to meet his mates at the pub)

View attachment 2712674
Sue looks so young, as in she looks like she's been playing dress up/make up on a playdate with her friends young o_O

Reactions: 5
Yes, I’d say that that the last five or six kids they definitely added for content.
This “Britains biggest family” tit went to their heads and no way were they going to be knocked off their perch and allow any other family to overtake them in the kid numbers and claim all the goodies, fame and freebies that were rightfully theirs.
Horrible outlook, but sums that pair up perfectly.

Reactions: 17
I don’t think they’res anything to suggest they’re against contraception is there? In early interviews, I remember them both saying they always wanted a big family. I think it’s disgusting what he did getting her pregnant so young, but there’s nothing to say it was him forcing her to have all the babies! It could equally have been her wanting them and then realising the money and attention they got from it!

On the whole too young thing/GP/SS.

I have a feeling the pregnancy was hidden. Has Sue ever talked about the birth? Where it was/how? Has anyone seen Chris' birth certificate?

I'm wondering if Sues mum was scared SS would take her and/or her brother from her, so hid the pregnancy, delivered Chris herself and then bought him up as her own son until Sue was 17/18 then told him the truth. Would also explain why he's so messed up, thing your grandmother is your mum for the first 3-5 years of your life then being told your sister is your mum, would mess you up.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

I have a feeling the pregnancy was hidden. Has Sue ever talked about the birth? Where it was/how? Has anyone seen Chris' birth certificate?

I'm wondering if Sues mum was scared SS would take her and/or her brother from her, so hid the pregnancy, delivered Chris herself and then bought him up as her own son until Sue was 17/18 then told him the truth. Would also explain why he's so messed up, thing your grandmother is your mum for the first 3-5 years of your life then being told your sister is your mum, would mess you up.
Sue said in a Q&A last year that his birth was her hardest well the fact she was 14 & 3 month says it would have been a shock to her body.

Reactions: 12
Sue said in a Q&A last year that his birth was her hardest well the fact she was 14 & 3 month says it would have been a shock to her body.
That would also fit with it being hidden though as well, inexperience midwife/her mum?

When I was reading that I could image the scene of eastenders with kat and zoe (you ain’t my mother! yes iam

There was a query once about was Noel really Chris's dad as he was registered with Sue's maiden name.

Also a photograph of Sue holding him, in a hospital bed, was shown on the programme.

• Wow
I don’t think they’res anything to suggest they’re against contraception is there? In early interviews, I remember them both saying they always wanted a big family. I think it’s disgusting what he did getting her pregnant so young, but there’s nothing to say it was him forcing her to have all the babies! It could equally have been her wanting them and then realising the money and attention they got from it!
I agree, I think it was probably her driving it after realising she loves babies (not so much older kids) and the attention they gave her. We all know how she is with the horde of dogs and Disney bags, the babies were just another example of her obsessive collecting.

There was a query once about was Noel really Chris's dad as he was registered with Sue's maiden name.

Also a photograph of Sue holding him, in a hospital bed, was shown on the programme.
Lots of unmarried women register with their last name so it’s not massively surprising. Even more so because she was young and people probably assumed the relationship wouldn’t last.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.