The Radford Family #3 Sue needs a new pram, the bakery’s a sham and the media company’s a scam

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I rarely view their vlogs but they had hit the newspapers (again) with another one due soon. News of Tillie’s operation was well documented. The poor child has certainly been through the mill with the operation, subsequent fall and then more surgery. The whole family look pale and thin - always have done and their diet and meal portions have always appeared poor. However, that poor child is so very thin and frail. Her ‘good’ leg is pathetically slight and her foot was very red and shiny. She has no colour and her eyes are sunken and have black shadows. This is not a bitchy have a go, it is worrying and I’m sure her parents are doing their best. However, when you see someone everyday (and there are twenty others to watch) you don’t always recognise a protracted deterioration in someone’s physical state. I hope the hospital picks up on this. It may be she needs some nutritional supplements or a blood transfusion. Something appears very wrong with this child. Hope you pick up soon little girl.
Tillie does look very frail and sickly. She looks permanently exhausted poor thing. When she's going through recovery she needs a full, nutritional diet and with their small portions she may not be getting this.

On another note, I just can't understand why they need yet ANOTHER pram. They already have several double and single prams. I know its their business (and was probably gifted) and personal choice to have whatever prams they want but god they have so many. In saying that, I like the pram they have, it is less bulky than the Joie and Bugaboo Donkey (probably are more). Also in the vlog they said they sold Bonnie's bouncer which was EXACTLY the SAME as the on they've just bought for the new baby. Maybe sue did want bonnie to be her last but Noel said lets have another. Can't imagine she'd take much persuading. From watching todays vlog its all about the newest baby and the current littlest baby. A lot of the older kids looked bored by it all. One of the boys came from home work, noel pointed this out then they went back to the new stuff for the new baby. Also isn't sue due in april? Can't see the need to put the bouncer and the pram together yet, just to take up more space. Feel bad for the older kids because its all about that new baby and all that stuff. At least they gave us an update on tillie. glad she's progressing.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
View attachment 75212
This pic, I blocked out the baby but they do look so similar
Golly gosh that is seriously scary 😮

None of their followers seem to be able to use correct grammar or spelling. That's their standard response that they work hard and why shouldn't they get freebies. I don't think anyone should be rewarded just for the amount of babies they've brought into the world.
Exactly right, the hidden hero’s in this are the medical, nursing and teaching staff who meet their needs every single day, for every single one of these children TOTALLY FREE OF CHARGE..., Do the maths add the child benefit, child tax credits etc ... Suddenly very very costly. A few pies make up the crumbs

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
There is no way Sue would have chosen that colour for a girl, she usually goes for gendered colours. The fact that she put up the pram and the bouncer more than 2 months before baby's arrival (when they don't have much living space to store it) makes me think there is some sort of collab or #ad. She said it wasn't gifted but maybe they received some sort of press discount.
On a side note she said she sells unwanted stuff when she finishes, the last household I'd buy from would be theirs, with 20 something children and how many dogs! It might as well have been in a car accident with all of that household traffic.

Reactions: 8
Tillie does look very frail and sickly. She looks permanently exhausted poor thing. When she's going through recovery she needs a full, nutritional diet and with their small portions she may not be getting this.

On another note, I just can't understand why they need yet ANOTHER pram. They already have several double and single prams. I know its their business (and was probably gifted) and personal choice to have whatever prams they want but god they have so many. In saying that, I like the pram they have, it is less bulky than the Joie and Bugaboo Donkey (probably are more). Also in the vlog they said they sold Bonnie's bouncer which was EXACTLY the SAME as the on they've just bought for the new baby. Maybe sue did want bonnie to be her last but Noel said lets have another. Can't imagine she'd take much persuading. From watching todays vlog its all about the newest baby and the current littlest baby. A lot of the older kids looked bored by it all. One of the boys came from home work, noel pointed this out then they went back to the new stuff for the new baby. Also isn't sue due in april? Can't see the need to put the bouncer and the pram together yet, just to take up more space. Feel bad for the older kids because its all about that new baby and all that stuff. At least they gave us an update on tillie. glad she's progressing.
Sue has a history of fast deliveries so she is taken into hospital st 38werks and induced, I have had this myself. You don’t always get induced immediately as you are safe once you are there, so you wait until they can break your waters which is usually enough after many deliveries. She has documented this in the past. This is why she is saying the baby will be here in around 10 weeks. Still way to early to be setting things up ready.

Reactions: 1
Yep, Katie is always seen with Archie and Ellie is almost the same with Bonnie. It's probably unofficially how they work but I agree that they'd deny it. You'd have to have some sort of system with a family that big.
Chloe did a LOT for the family so they'll be sad to see her go and if she's left that leaves a lot for the younger girls to pick up (as the boys have admitted that they don't do a lot to help out).
I’ve always noticed this - the newest baby is passed on to the next oldest girl to basically be it’s primary carer once Sue has had another. Millie is looking after Tillie, Katie has Archie, next baby hasn’t been born yet and Bonnie is being passed over to Ellie. Probably going to be Aimee with the next baby, unless by then Archie is old enough to look after himself (according to Sue & Noel at least) and it’s back to Katie again.

I bet the girls don’t even mind/realise. Sue raises all her kids to gender stereotypes (boys on video games and girls being mums). Hallie and Phoebe have loads of baby dolls, raising them to be maternal and want to look after their siblings! The teen girls were basically raised by Chloe and Sophie so probably think it’s only fair that they fulfil their duties. It’s disgusting they don’t let these poor kids enjoy their childhood.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
That's my point exactly, what's the point of having all these children if your not going to raise them yourself, sure they are taking care of there basic needs ie clothes, roof over there head ect, but raising them they are not, which is very worrying. I wonder what careers the older girls aspire too, as I can't imagine they are allowed those dreams and hopes xx

Reactions: 9
It is a myth that you are finished parenting once they hit 18 years old. You are not finished at all, you are still very much in the game. But the game is harder, longer and you won't win every time!
Even as an adult a child needs you to step in sometimes, not be handed a sibling over to raise.
This is a long post, but it illustrates what the Radford kids are not getting..
Yesterday I gave up most of my day to support my adult child. They've struggled more than the younger kids with a recent family bereavement, as they were with the person we lost when they died and they're also trying to go for a promotion at work.
It's looking good, but the pressure is on.
Yesterday I had to gut that bedroom, pulling all the furniture out, replacing curtains & bedding, re-build wardrobe etc..because my kid can't cope with any extra stuff and was living in a dump.
I then got all this work stuff out and went through it when they came home. Started the shower running, chucked them in it, told the other kids to play (mess up the other rooms 😂) while I had a good long chat about pressure and time and loss and self care and all that.
What happens in that house when you're a young adult but hit a wall?
No-one's even going to notice are they? It's on to the next one before you've even got to nursery school.
I think people are seeing the light from what I can see on SM. But that doesn't help the dumped kids who are already here.
I hope they have other family nearby to go to if they need help, or respite from the chaos and responsibility.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I think the girls do mind, but they feel a strong sense of obligation. In the programme where Chloe was going off to uni and was telling Millie what she was going to have to do, she was complaining that it wasn't fair as the boys don't have to do anything. Chloe in the last programme was saying that she maybe wanted to travel and Noel was saying he would be gutted to lose her. They know they are needed.

Reactions: 2
Chloe studied childcare, Katie is studying childcare now at College. Millie said she hated college after 2 weeks so left. I think she works in McDonald’s with some of her other siblings. I’ve said before that none of them seem academically gifted and it’s probably because they have no time to study as they’re too busy helping out or because there is so much noise in that house, how can they concentrate on homework and revision?

I remember when they were on This Morning the girls complained the boys don’t have to help out.

Reactions: 6
I think Noel and Sue would be happy if they all left school and worked in the bakery. They don't seem to have an aspirations for them beyond the big family. I can't imagine they would have time to follow their education up, when mine went into sixth form it seemed we were there one night every week for the first few months due to information evenings, university applications and further colleges. You need peace and quiet for revision and the chaos in that house would not be conducive to that at all.

Reactions: 2
I think the girls do mind, but they feel a strong sense of obligation. In the programme where Chloe was going off to uni and was telling Millie what she was going to have to do, she was complaining that it wasn't fair as the boys don't have to do anything. Chloe in the last programme was saying that she maybe wanted to travel and Noel was saying he would be gutted to lose her. They know they are needed.
Guilty tripping which is disgusting.
I remember watching one of their tv shows a number of years back when she had less kids and one of the older girls went off to university, but then returned because she felt she was needed at home because Sue was making her feel guilty.

Perhaps the only dreams and aspirations Sue has is about many more kids she can pop out, but she is robbing the older children of their dreams because they are treated no different then live in babysitters.

Also did Sue hint that she preferred girls over boys or vice versa? I’m thinking that the only reason she’d prefer girls is perhaps because they are more nurturing and probably be more maternal as they get older and would be more willing to help out as opposed to the boys.

• Angry
  • Sad
Chloe studied childcare, Katie is studying childcare now at College. Millie said she hated college after 2 weeks so left. I think she works in McDonald’s with some of her other siblings. I’ve said before that none of them seem academically gifted and it’s probably because they have no time to study as they’re too busy helping out or because there is so much noise in that house, how can they concentrate on homework and revision?

I remember when they were on This Morning the girls complained the boys don’t have to help out.
They never seem to have any aspirations for their kids. They did seem genuinely proud that Chloe went to university, but then they made her quit. All of the older kids seem to work in McDonald’s or similar without much of an education. Makes me laugh when Sue says their kids love home so not many move out - they could never afford to on this life you’ve set up for them!

Reactions: 11
One of the things that might hit Sue in particular very hard when she stops having children (and gets a bit of thinking/reflecting time) is that the older children have been instrumental in the raising of the younger ones and that they (the parents) could not have had such a big family without them. Up until now Sue is in complete denial about the role the older girls play, but it might just take one of them to go public and do a tell-all article to make Sue realize that she co-parented with Noel and the older girls rather than doing it all herself.

I’ve just skimmed through the new vlog, I feel really uncomfortable about how weak and dangerously slim tillie looks... I’m concerned about her 😢

I’ve just skimmed through the new vlog, I feel really uncomfortable about how weak and dangerously slim tillie looks... I’m concerned about her 😢
Yes indeed. I hope she's having input from a dietitian and the parents are following that advice. Their current diet would not contain the required protein/vitamins/minerals that a post operative immobile child like Tillie would need.

One of the things that might hit Sue in particular very hard when she stops having children (and gets a bit of thinking/reflecting time) is that the older children have been instrumental in the raising of the younger ones and that they (the parents) could not have had such a big family without them. Up until now Sue is in complete denial about the role the older girls play, but it might just take one of them to go public and do a tell-all article to make Sue realize that she co-parented with Noel and the older girls rather than doing it all herself.
What’s she going to do when they all start leaving that’s the thing. They’re all a lot older and need to start living their own lives.

What’s she going to do when they all start leaving that’s the thing. They’re all a lot older and need to start living their own lives.
Leaving? They all work at McDonald’s, no chance of them getting out of that house any time soon! Maybe that’s why they don’t let the older kids aim any higher 🤣

Reactions: 4
Personally I feel that Noel and Sue aren't interested in children. They're interested in BABIES which is why the moment a baby reaches toddlerhood (or sometimes even before) they have another new BABY to obsess over. Sadly it never lasts too long and as many other posters have said here the moment a new baby comes along, the previous baby is passed over to an older sibling (usually an older sister) to look after.

She does look very frail but she looked like that before the operations. I hope Alder Hey are taking note and making sure she's eating well etc.

Sue has said loads of times she prefers girls.
Girls are better to buy for, more frills & bows and can dress them up.

Another reason i dont believe they choose that pram, she would have usually gone for something girly

1580063866839.png

Same Pram. I would have thought she would have gone for this colour for girls.

1580063955644.png

Even this colour is more feminine.

Or they are going to use it for no 23 or whatever, Noel did say the next can be a boy. They will be taking ovulation tests before they leave the hospital.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.