The Radford Family #27 The Radfords try and talk the talk but we know it’s not the dogs they walk

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is, I have a degree in Childhood and Youth Studies.
That's not childcare then is it?

Those are early years/childhood degrees, not childcare.

there’s plenty of childhood degrees
Yes I know, I said childcare.

It seems you've answered your own question, there are plenty of child care related degrees out there. What makes you think Early Years teachers aren't well regarded?
They aren't childcare. I am referring to the EYQTS qualification which isn't well regarded. I am a nursery teacher.

I did a degree in early childhood studies, so they definitely exist. It’s not fully childcare but you can go straight into childcare with the degree, it allows you to go into more options such as teaching too

With my course, it was BA (Hons) Early Childhood studies, if someone dropped out after first year they would get the equivalent of a level 4. If they dropped out after second year it would be level 5 equivalent (I don’t know the name of it officially) and if They drop out during third year they would just be awarded the level 5 qualification.

Most childcare places only require level 3 anyway, so Chloe if she dropped out in third year is technically qualified to do the job. She should have been awarded at least a level 4 qualification at the end of it
That is my point, at degree level it is more than just "childcare". You do much more academic/theory based work.

She's already have a level 3 to go to uni anyway, not sure what they call a level 4 qualification.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
So it's nearly time for Millie to have the baby. Do you reckon she will announce when it's born or keep it a secret a bit longer?

Reactions: 11
I have no idea what that is. Is it a thing for every course? How much of the course do you have to have completed to get one? I'm sure I read she was in her 3rd year when she quit.

I've never heard of it before, but I can't imagine something which screams quit or failed is something many would want on their CV anyway.
It’s not quitting as such it’s just not earning enough credits for an honours degree, known as an ordinary degree or pass degree. I know a lot of people who have them due to ill health etc :) you can read about them online. But back to chloe, she probably did just drop out and not have done very well

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
That's not childcare then is it?

Those are early years/childhood degrees, not childcare.

Yes I know, I said childcare.

They aren't childcare. I am referring to the EYQTS qualification which isn't well regarded. I am a nursery teacher.

That is my point, at degree level it is more than just "childcare". You do much more academic/theory based work.

She's already have a level 3 to go to uni anyway, not sure what they call a level 4 qualification.
I didn’t need a level 3 in childcare to go to uni, I did A-Levels. But if chloe already had the level 3, and like many people on my course, they went to uni because having the level 6 opens more doors than the standard level 3. It’s easier to go into higher up roles within childcare settings as your more qualified, obviously.

A level 4 qualification is a foundation degree

Why are we going off track again discussing degrees….I don’t care if there are 1000 degrees in childcare. It’s the Radfrauds we are here for. Chloe will probably make pies and do drag makeup for long enough.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm not sure there is such thing as a childcare degree.
I have a degree, it's classed as an ordinary degree as I failed the last year. So it's a degree with out honours. The first part of my degree was in early years studies, essentially childcare. There are alot of early Years based courses available at universities across the country.
To be awarded an ordinary degree you have to have a passing grade in each of the first 2-3years (which I got) if chloe was struggling she may not have been passing and chose leaving over possibly starting all over again.
The university she went to (the 1st one) is actually really close to my home town and is well known for being a teacher training uni. Isnt that what she was doing?

Reactions: 3
IIRC Chloe got either a Certificate or Diploma in Childhood Studies, suggesting that she completed at least 12-18 months of the course. She shared the picture of it on FB and that's when she said it had been a complete waste of time.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Is the degree stuff really relevant? Chloe didnt get one because for whatever reason she dropped out. Shame because a guess would be she accrued a fair amount of debt from the time she was there.

Now moving on, poor little Ophelia is a radford clone,
And in shocking news Sues moaning about the washing.

Reactions: 31
Can we stop talking about degrees pls I don’t care about it lol

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Now she’s moaning because she has to do a second load of washing. It’s only a few days ago she was BRAGGING about her new washer. There’s only four of us and I wash almost every day, sometimes 2 loads. They chose to have too many kids, suck it up you idiot.

Reactions: 23
Looks like she gets a new washer /dryer every other week 🙄 what happened to the massive 18 kg one she was bragging about not long ago..

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Seems the baby boutique that keeps gifting stuff to the Radfrauds has been broken into and stuff stolen!

• Wow
If you drop out of uni, you usually get to keep the credits you have earned and you can sometimes transfer them to a different uni.

Uni might award a foundation degree if she's got enough credits.

Early years or early childhood studies. You can train to be a an early years teacher too but it isn't well regarded.

Childcare is a level 2 or 3 subject usually.
I received a Diploma in Higher Education for the 2 years I did of my HR degree.

Reactions: 4
I didn’t need a level 3 in childcare to go to uni, I did A-Levels. But if chloe already had the level 3, and like many people on my course, they went to uni because having the level 6 opens more doors than the standard level 3. It’s easier to go into higher up roles within childcare settings as your more qualified, obviously.

A level 4 qualification is a foundation degree
A-Levels are equivalent to level 3.
Level 5 is usually a foundation degree. A level 4 is deffo a thing though, just not sure what it is called.

Anyway, back to the topic before I get shouted at again for going off topic 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.