The Radford Family #25 More Christmas presents than Smyths, I thought Lapland replaced the gifts?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously talking about Millie’s pregnancy

Sophie - 3 kids
Chris- 6 in total he taken on 4 non bio( step kids )
Millie - 2
It would be 12 including millie's baby. I'm glad Sophie is respecting that Millie hasn't announced even though we all know. Sue is disgusting for trying to steal millie's announcement

Also noticed when someone asked if she was having more babies sophie said she's happy with3 and the kids are happy. Glad she's taking her kids feelings into account, unlike her parents.

Also noticed her favourite childhood memories were about her grandparents. Her parents were too busy breeding to worry about their other kids

Excuse my grammar mistakes, ive got a sleeping baby in one arm, typing with one hand lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 25
She was NOT interested in those books 😅😅😅

Maybe the nursery offering full days is because they are so behind of basic development that the nursery thinks the longer days are better and more opportunities for professionals to intervene with speech and language

I think its interesting that Sue would opt for the books with the big characters on instead of say, room on the broom etc....its obviously just what sue recognised from tv NOT from childrens literature.

I went all put to avoid any character books for kids as they just found them so boring 😴

We went for Julie Donaldson, super tato things like that which weren't over commercial at the time.

My mum in law would buy the "disney library collection" which was so boring It was unreal.

You never see Tilly with a book in her hand.

Or the boys token book that's just for the camera
I totally agree. Character books (as in books based around a TV show/film) are generally so poorly written, usually by ghost writers who are far from talented children's authors. I avoid them like the plague. Those Disney 'book of the film' ones are the worst. It's just someone typing up the film script, no talent for storytelling necessary.

Families like the Radfords tend to be drawn to character books though, if ever they do purchase a book, as they're so readily available in Supermarkets and cheap discount stores such as Poundland and Home Bargains. You'd often need to make the effort to go to a proper bookstore for quality children's literature by known authors, or order online. You occasionally get some supermarket bargains on new releases, such as Julia Donaldson books etc, but generally the supermarket shelves are stuffed full of Peppa Pig, Paw Patrol, My Little Pony, Bing etc.

View attachment 973271I’m think Sophie’s posts about how she’s never heard of CGP books speaks levels about how much Sue and Noel care about their children’s education! Surely they should have had hundreds of these through the years?
Wow. Like you say, they're a staple for home learning and have been since I was a kid (and I'm older than Sophie). Most schools send their revision guides home at some point. Poor Sophie was never given a chance in terms of education, growing up in that house, but fair play to her for wanting to give her own kids a boost. Sue could learn a lot from Sophie's parenting.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.