The Radford Family #22 Sue's covered in Gucci to distract her from her hard worked coochie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When I first saw them on 15 kids and counting, they came across as being a couple who just loved having a lot of children….but now they come across as negligent, everything, including having more babies, seems to be for the freebies, photo opportunity and their media profile. They’ve made enough money out of the situation, and if they struggle emotionally with the idea of not having further babies….they can afford to pay for a therapist to resolve that for them.

I would not be surprised if Daniel did hit his girlfriend. Not that I think he is a violent man, but because his one ambition (to join the RAF) was cruelly played out on tv, with his mother announcing after that he had then failed to complete the basic training. Everywhere goes in Morcambe he is likely asked how he is getting on in the RAF, and he has to tell people that actually he is working at the bakery and still in a small bedroom in the basement. Daniel doesn’t clamour to be on camera in the vlogs…he shows no interest, yet his storey was a major part of the c5 series . Probably because he was the only member of the family doing something that would look positive to the public perception, rather than simply spending money and having babies under the pretence of the magic pie shop funding it all…it was a useful distraction from that to fill airtime. He was being used.

For a young male, having his dreams quashed is bad enough, but to have it done publicly could be very damaging. Add to this, his parents barely have time to discuss it with him, or to help him find alternative ambitions…it was just straight back into working in the type of job he was wanting to escape being permanently tied to. There could be a lot of pent up frustration that is coming out in abuse, he can’t shout at his parents, in case his siblings turn on him as a result.

Same with Millie, who appears outspoken, but remember that she is not in charge of the filming and editing. How much has she been told NOT to say, how many opportunities for her to be shown directly caring for her daughter when most of the family are at work or school have been overlooked in order to film family days out…where helpful siblings giver her a break by holding the baby. The way she is made to look, isn’t necessarily the true representation of how she is as a mother, just because she is mouthy, it means she enjoys to be on camera, but it doesn’t mean that she is able to say whatever she feels.

Same with some of the other teens, the older boys who don’t want to be in the vlogs…their friends still can view them and the majority of Morecambe know who they are and some of the fine details of their family setup (such as Noel’s statutory rape). How much care is given to protecting these boys from the impact of their family’s local infamousy?

No care at all that I can see, now that more of their kids will be reaching adulthood, the impact of growing up on tv/YouTube, without proper emotional support to deal with the negative side of it…the more social/behavioural problems these young adults will have.
I agree with all of this. The only ones who might actually get some decent parents, assuming they are capable of providing it, are the youngest. As time goes on and the little ones are no longer cute, more of the older ones reach adulthood, and there aren't that any at home, they will no longer be a draw, there will be another big family to take their place. At that point Sue and Noel will have nothing left to do but parent their remaining children. It's the older ones, not Chris/Sophie/Chloe but after that, the ones who are now teens, who have missed out on proper parenting and guidance. Once the money started coming in it became all about the money and not about the children, Sue in a perpetual state of spawning more. There will be stories aplenty coming out of that family as the teens get to adulthood and spill the beans. The Sun headlines will be more about 'how being part of Britain's biggest family ruined my life' than how much they spend on their shopping.

Reactions: 20
Sue and Noel always made out the kids were happy when ever she had another baby but it’s clearly not the case. Josh spoke several times throughout the tv series saying when she’s going to stop. Chloe the same. I think in reality most of them hated when sue got pregnant again. I’m not saying they don’t love all their siblings when they came along but it must be hard especially as your constantly being overlooked for a new baby. Most of the time the babies were only a few months old by the time she was pregnant again. I say as the kids grow up more and more of them will be rebel and hopefully speak out. However I do think with them all not being too ambitious or having hobbies etc. they are trapped living at home.
Thinking back to my own teen years I’d have been mortified if my parents had been like Noel & Sue, knocking out one baby after another, shamed wouldn’t have come close.

Reactions: 11
Thinking back to my own teen years I’d have been mortified if my parents had been like Noel & Sue, knocking out one baby after another, shamed wouldn’t have come close.
i am one of six and I was terribly embarrassed as a child the way strangers would stop us in the street because it was quite unusual back then.
I refused to go anywhere as a family from the age of 11 onwards.
I can’t begin to imagine how all those kids feel having their life played out on tv, newspapers and YouTube.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
We have 12 but I wouldn’t say that the kids get embarrassed, they don’t. Teens naturally come away from doing things with their parents as they get older as they want to do their own thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We have 12 but I wouldn’t say that the kids get embarrassed, they don’t. Teens naturally come away from doing things with their parents as they get older as they want to do their own thing.
I wasnt embarrassed of my family as such, it was the attention from strangers and their comments that would embarrass me, and in turn, that would make me feel uncomfortable about going out in public with my family. People were extremely rude, I’ve lost count of the amount of times people would ask if we all had the same father amongst other personal questions that are quite frankly, not the business of total strangers.
It’s hard to take these things in and understand as a child. The point I was making is that sue and Noel have thrust their children into the spotlight and it doesn’t appear they have taken their thoughts and feelings into consideration, that’s how I see it from the outside looking in. It’s just all about the fame and freebies.

Reactions: 17
I wasnt embarrassed of my family as such, it was the attention from strangers and their comments that would embarrass me, and in turn, that would make me feel uncomfortable about going out in public with my family. People were extremely rude, I’ve lost count of the amount of times people would ask if we all had the same father amongst other personal questions that are quite frankly, not the business of total strangers.
It’s hard to take these things in and understand as a child. The point I was making is that sue and Noel have thrust their children into the spotlight and it doesn’t appear they have taken their thoughts and feelings into consideration, that’s how I see it from the outside looking in. It’s just all about the fame and freebies.
I was only one of 4 and we got comments like this too. It really grates on you after a while

Reactions: 16
Am being super thick, where has the "twin" thing come from. Or is it just Tattle speculation? X

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Well our life isn’t about fame and freebies. We do it off our own backs, hard work but very rewarding 👍

• Heart
Reactions: 13
i am one of six and I was terribly embarrassed as a child the way strangers would stop us in the street because it was quite unusual back then.
I refused to go anywhere as a family from the age of 11 onwards.
I can’t begin to imagine how all those kids feel having their life played out on tv, newspapers and YouTube.
Many people from large families love their situation. These are generally people with parents who don't use them as a publicity generating machine and live off the proceeds of their children having had every moment of their lives filmed, vlogged, sold to the telly, reported on in rags like The Scum, then viewed, discussed, analysed and obsessed over by thousands of total strangers every day.

The real problem with the Radfords isn't that they have 22 children, although I think that most people would feel that's a bit over the odds. It's how completely they disregard the rights, individuality and emotions of every single one of those kids.

Am being super thick, where has the "twin" thing come from. Or is it just Tattle speculation? X
I've been terribly confused by that too. Thanks for asking. I felt like I'd missed some major post or announcement and didn't want to look a tit when everyone else seemed to know. I'm pleased you've revealed that there are others are wondering the same thing.

Many people from large families love their situation. These are generally people with parents who don't use them as a publicity generating machine and live off the proceeds of their children having had every moment of their lives filmed, vlogged, sold to the telly, reported on in rags like The Scum, then viewed, discussed, analysed and obsessed over by thousands of total strangers every day.

The real problem with the Radfords isn't that they have 22 children, although I think that most people would feel that's a bit over the odds. It's how completely they disregard the rights, individuality and emotions of every single one of those kids.
Yes, I’m not disputing that large families love there situation, not at all.
But some don’t. I didn’t. My siblings were unbothered by the comments and attention whereas I found it extremely difficult and upsetting and we weren’t even what I would consider a particularly large family.
the difference with the Radfords and my parents is that the radfords have opened there children up to the comments and opinions of millions of strangers. I just hope they are supporting there children emotionally because it can be difficult for some children, not all, but some can struggle.

Reactions: 12
Not a hope in hells chance that they'd be able to foster, foster children have to have their own rooms for a start!
I was thinking exactly this! people who are decent potential foster families get turned down for much lesser things. I cannot imagine someone coming round to do an assessment and just tossing over the 22 kids and the rest of the set up!

Reactions: 9

I've been terribly confused by that too. Thanks for asking. I felt like I'd missed some major post or announcement and didn't want to look a tit when everyone else seemed to know. I'm pleased you've revealed that there are others are wondering the same thing.
It's just speculation that Sue and Noel would go for IVF anywhere in the world that would treat them if unable to have anymore naturally increasing the chances of multiple births.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It's just speculation that Sue and Noel would go for IVF anywhere in the world that would treat them if unable to have anymore naturally increasing the chances of multiple births.
Oh dear. Well it seems to have taken quite a flight of fancy then. Shall we go the whole hog and suggest she'll try to out-do Octomom and have 9 of the buggers?
Hell it's Noel and Sue. They may well try spawning like salmon - hundreds!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Remember in one of the old specials one of the boys said "We'll always be known to them, we'll always be known as their children"? That's not a normal family. Your older children aren't just "known as your children" to you, they're still your children who you love with every fiber of your being and care for even if they're out of your home and you've got younger ones still at home. They're not bloody acquaintances who happened to grow inside of you, they're your BABIES even when they're grown up and having babies of their own.

It's proof that they're just a number to S&N and they know it. They're still one of their children, they're still listed in the countdown of kids and may still live at home to keep up the numbers. But once they no longer rely on Sue it's like they're not her children anymore. Imagine being a teenager and knowing that you became useless when you were no longer in nappies, you're essentially her ex-child, just one of many. Teenagers still need dads and mums, they need love and support and care, but not in the Radford house, not unless you've got something to bring in views like an injury or teen pregnancy. Once you can form your own opinions you're merely competition or unpaid labour.

That's why having a huge family is so easy for them. Because they may have created 22 people but they only care for a few of them. Sorry for the rant but it pisses me off that they get so much praise for the absolute bare minimum when every day I meet hard-working parents or people who desperately want to be parents.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Was it on the radfords IG page that the Jeff /millie? post was made? If so is it possible millie got access to sues phone, took a picture of that message on it so that was then amongst the christening ones so when sue went to upload them all this one was uploaded too , was seen by a few until a sue realised and deleted it straight away?

I did wonder recently if Millie was pregnant again , not that baggy sweatshirts necessarily means that! If so, and I admit I've commented on Millie seeming lazy in the past and using Sue and her sisters alot,and dressing Ophelia like a doll but *if* it is true and Sue is jealous, taking baby clothes etc that's seriously shocking behaviour and I really feel for Millie

Also, if Millie does break free and move out let's hope poor Max and Josh are first on the list for her old room and escape their cupboard for good, give them some space and room especially as teenagers a bit more comfort and privacy

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Same just not as many kids, My mid teens hate doing family days out but as they get older they love it again.

Reactions: 6
speculation that Sue would use IVF to get pregnant. Many ivf pregnancy’s result in multiples.

Same just not as many kids, My mid teens hate doing family days out but as they get older they love it again.
I sometimes think that’s just a teen thing.
It’s really not cool to go out to a farm or something when you are a teen.
They will happily come shopping though.

Comments for us are generally very positive, Yes people are shocked at the number but then often follow it up with that they are well behaved or polite ect. Or they are shocked that they are clean and tidy!

Don’t get me wrong I think there are some larger families who don’t get a positive time, but I also think there are some who can do a lot better and before they had more kids they should have considered if what they already had was a strain!! (No one here BTW prob just me having a pop at other family vloggers and a family I know in particular)

Last edited:
Just Tattle speculation. As often happens on here, someone comes up with a theory or prediction and other people run with it as if it's truth.

• Haha
Was it on the radfords IG page that the Jeff /millie? post was made? If so is it possible millie got access to sues phone, took a picture of that message on it so that was then amongst the christening ones so when sue went to upload them all this one was uploaded too , was seen by a few until a sue realised and deleted it straight away?
Millie's not bright enough to have planned that well.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I think Millie would have just announced it, there would have been no need for the other stuff.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.