The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So cute, Noel has taken Sue for a Happy Meal, just like those early days when they first met.

79247CA1-2A7A-4417-8C60-8131C7A6FCF6.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I really hope that lad does get into the RAF if that’s what he wants. It must be really hard for the older kids. I know I’m lucky with how much support my parents have given me financially to get my life going but they must literally have nothing. Not money or emotional support or very much encouragement to get out of the house and make something of themselves

Reactions: 6
I really hope that lad does get into the RAF if that’s what he wants. It must be really hard for the older kids. I know I’m lucky with how much support my parents have given me financially to get my life going but they must literally have nothing. Not money or emotional support or very much encouragement to get out of the house and make something of themselves
It's the opposite really, they are encouraged not to leave home. Remember Noel saying in the last programme that they keep reminding them that everything that they need is at home. Chris and Sophie did well to get away early. They will be gutted if Chloe leaves, she is a second mum/chef/babysitter.

Reactions: 5
It's the opposite really, they are encouraged not to leave home. Remember Noel saying in the last programme that they keep reminding them that everything that they need is at home. Chris and Sophie did well to get away early. They will be gutted if Chloe leaves, she is a second mum/chef/babysitter.
Chloe did leave once...she went to Uni but only lasted a few months as she missed them all so came back and worked with Noel in the Bakery.

I think you're mistaken if you think they have no money! Have you seen what they get for xmas etc? They're all wearing expensive trainers, designer clothing, designer handbags etc. There is a lot of money coming in lately. When they were on holiday in Florida they were eating out everday and shopping everday buying designer stuff.

Reactions: 3
Chloe did leave once...she went to Uni but only lasted a few months as she missed them all so came back and worked with Noel in the Bakery.

I think you're mistaken if you think they have no money! Have you seen what they get for xmas etc? They're all wearing expensive trainers, designer clothing, designer handbags etc. There is a lot of money coming in lately. When they were on holiday in Florida they were eating out everday and shopping everday buying designer stuff.

Chloe didn't return because she missed them (that's what Sue said though) she came back because Sue was pregnant and previously miscarried and felt she should be near incase it happened again. She has so much potential and is probably dying to break away but feels really guilty as she is needed there.
The family have loads now but I doubt they would prioritise that money for education, as sad as it sounds. can you imagine if every child wanted to go away to university, that would cost Noel a fortune.

Reactions: 1
Not money to help all the older children with university, weddings, flat deposits. Tutors and textbooks and gap years and extra curriculars. Or at least not money they’re willing to spend on that stuff. Everything’s for show.

Not money to help all the older children with university, weddings, flat deposits. Tutors and textbooks and gap years and extra curriculars. Or at least not money they’re willing to spend on that stuff. Everything’s for show.

There’s no way they footed the bill for the Florida food. A big treat for them is a chop and potato or extra special, Happy Meal each.

Chloe clearly loves make up and made it her job, uni isn’t for everyone.
Hmm. She does seem to love make up, Shame she didn’t stay at uni. Remember Katie’s prom make up, bleeping hideous.

• Haha
Chloe clearly loves make up and made it her job, uni isn’t for everyone.
No it's not, but it's such a shame that her choice to go to uni was interrupted by her mother's high risk pregnancy. Most parents would have insisted that she stay at uni, not rejoice that she was leaving. She was studying Childhood and Youth or something, she could have got a first class degree with her eyes closed!

No it's not, but it's such a shame that her choice to go to uni was interrupted by her mother's high risk pregnancy. Most parents would have insisted that she stay at uni, not rejoice that she was leaving. She was studying Childhood and Youth or something, she could have got a first class degree with her eyes closed!
We don’t know that’s the reason.

We don’t know that’s the reason.
No. She may have just hated it. Lots of people drop out of uni. We do know that they don’t have normal opportunities that are available to most children these days and that they grow up in an environment that is very controlled by their parents and centres around their siblings. There’s no hobbies or passions, swimming lessons, play dates, parties. I juggle a large family (nothing like theirs but large by today’s standards) and these days the children in my kids classes do ballet, swimming,rainbows, brownies, rugby, gymnastics, have play dates. Now I don’t for a minute think children need to have 800 activities per week, they need time to play and just be kids, but they should be able to learn a musical instrument, have a hobby and have friends round. I don’t believe for a minute these younger boys get daily reading, spellings, times tables. Seriously there’s no way 2 parents can achieve this with so many small people.

Reactions: 5
I just don’t understand how they could stop vlogging for a month due to being upset over a bereavement (which is totally justified and fair don’t get me wrong) but then their little girl is in so much pain and so poorly in hospital and that’s not too upsetting to vlog really frequently. I know people ask about how she’s doing but a simple text post “she’s feeling a bit better today and appreciates you all caring about her” would surely be better than filming her in her hospital bed groggy from the meds.

Imagine having your childhood hospital stay up on the internet for anyone to watch when you’re in secondary school
Because they know that kind people will send presents and parcels....they are very good at manipulating situations for their own gain...poor Tilly had hardly the energy to open them..

I know I’m behind but I didn’t get help with those things either...if I wanted something I had to work for it, and I can say I’ve turned into an adult with good work ethic and money management skills...no debt! My step siblings on the other hand who were given everything they asked for, are spoilt little brats who expect everyone else to foot the bill. I wouldn’t say not being given money is something to feel sorry for them about....

Reactions: 6
I know I’m behind but I didn’t get help with those things either...if I wanted something I had to work for it, and I can say I’ve turned into an adult with good work ethic and money management skills...no debt! My step siblings on the other hand who were given everything they asked for, are spoilt little brats who expect everyone else to foot the bill. I wouldn’t say not being given money is something to feel sorry for them about....
I agree, there’s nothing wrong with parents instilling a work ethic in children. My mum and dad were never given anything by their parents. Times were hard and my nana was working three jobs, but whatever they earnt was spent. When my mums passed away, they left my mum £500 because that’s all they had in their bank account, but they lived life to the full. Money doesn’t equate to happiness and all the Radford children do seem happy and well loved.

And just to clarify, I’m not a fan girl or anything like that. But I’ve followed them for a while, and saw their shows on television.

I think it's great if you can help your children but shouldn't be expected. I did laugh though when Sue said in 17KAC that Noel set a budget of £15k for Sophie's wedding; it was channel 4 who obviously paid for it. There's no way he'll pay that for the other girls which is a shame that one got a special experience that the others won't.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.