The Radford Family (21 Kids and Counting)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They knew exactly what the situation was. As a pp said, Sue wrote a blog years before any media presence and was very open about tax credits and their finances. When they started the TV shows and interest increased in them she scrubbed the financial stuff off the blog. Well, she tried to because as we all know the internet keeps things forever. It isn't a case of them being totally naive and getting their wording wrong.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
‘Career families’ are not solely a few in our area though, it’s a widespread problem across the uk.
Fair play to you having worked hard, you aren’t wanting a council house, handouts etc. However, unfortunately a lot of people do. I’m not saying people shouldn’t be allowed as many children as they want: but why should others have to pay for them, families that can’t perhaps have children are still paying taxes which also isn’t fair.

I didn’t say you (or anyone) should be capped at two children I said ‘benefits’ should be. And two was just a number, 3 whatever. There should be something in place to stop people thinking they can just have babies rather than get a job.

There’s no blanket solution, and sorry if I offended. But there’s always going to be differing opinions on topics like this. I’m not here to row.
I kind of get where you are coming from with this as there are a few girls I went to school with who decided to have babies rather than work, one actually said at 16 that she wanted a flat and that the council would have to provide one if she had a baby and sure enough she had a baby and was given all sorts of benefits, there is another girl at my kids primary school who has had her 6th child she is now 32 her eldest is 15 and every time one of her kids gets to school age shes pregnant with another, she drives a brand new mini bus, and by her own admission said she spends 1500 a month on new clothes for the kids, shes just moved to a 4 bedroom house and always shops for food in the posh supermarkets never Aldi or Lidl because she wouldn't be seen dead in there (her words to me ) , I worked from 15 and got PND so gave up work in the height of the recession and found it hard to go back , because my husband worked I got 6 months jobseekers after the initial DLP was stopped and then left we struggled for two more years then I studied , volunteered and found paid work I still can afford what this girl does but I can hold my head up and say Ive worked for what I have now

also anyone who follows the Inghams thinking they are inspirational and being warned about their daughter getting likes on her photos and still choosing to follow them isn't worth a view in my opinion

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
It is only since Austerity began in 2010 that Tax Credits and other in work benefits began being lumped in with out of work benefits such as Jobseekers or Income Support. Before that time, Tax Credits and Child Benefit were largely missing from the rhetoric that vilifies working families for needing top ups in a society that they have no power in. In fact, in the late 1990's, Tax Credits were promoted by the government in a series of advertisements on TV.

I have always understood their "claim" that they don't claim benefits to mean that they don't claim out of work benefits (JSA/IS) and since they own their house they don't claim housing benefit. The shift in rhetoric has allowed many people to slate them for claiming money that many families also claim.

Most tax payers in the UK aren't even covering their own financial burden on the state, never mind being able to say that they are paying for someone else's kids.

Believing that rhetoric is just a way for people to feel superior, and it doesn't matter if the family in question has two kids or twenty. People like to judge and they like to find fault. So it is a tired argument because it is a system problem and nothing to do with them. If they had four kids they would still be a drain.
We already have a nhs system that is bulging at the seams, weeks waits for doctors appointments, having to use private dentists because the nhs ones are fully etc etc.... so if every family decided to have 21 kids imagine the state of the country. It’s simply ridiculous.

Of course all 21 of these kids might become brain surgeons /doctors/ nurses etc and help society massively. I doubt it though as non of them seem to get a minutes peace to study, ones already wanting to be an internet star and if not they get thrust into the pie business.

Reactions: 8
Well to be honest if you don’t make an effort in what you are putting out to the public then what the hell would you do off camera?!
Exactly that's my point. Plus obviously people are going to judge. If you put yourself out there you are opening yourself up to judgment. Just makes me sad that the babies and toddlers can't possibly be getting enough one on one time and now with her talking to the camera and vlogging that's even less time spent on the kids.

Reactions: 2
She is coming across very smarmy all of a sudden I used to like them but now I cant be doing with them and as I mentioned they still follow the Inghams, Sue mentioned they where the reason she started vlogging, getting too big for her boots like them

Reactions: 2
Referring to her recent comment over the NHS. I am sorry to hear her dad is unwell, obviously I understand that is hard. But, to so publically insult and attack the NHS is simply not on given their reliance on the service throughout their 21 kids lives. The fact she says things like we need to leave this country because of the NHS is just otter crap. I really feel like we need to comment on her post and take action!!

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Referring to her recent comment over the NHS. I am sorry to hear her dad is unwell, obviously I understand that is hard. But, to so publically insult and attack the NHS is simply not on given their reliance on the service throughout their 21 kids lives. The fact she says things like we need to leave this country because of the NHS is just otter crap. I really feel like we need to comment on her post and take action!!
Anyone attacking the NHS is absolute scum in my eyes. As a country we do not appreciate the fantastic job they do for us. The system isn’t perfect but they’ve had horrific budget cuts (from both political sides but one more than the other).
However if they want to leave the country then by all means I will be happy to help them pack and boot their arses onto a plane and see how much it really costs to have healthcare in another country. That would be a vlog worth watching 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Anyone attacking the NHS is absolute scum in my eyes. As a country we do not appreciate the fantastic job they do for us. The system isn’t perfect but they’ve had horrific budget cuts (from both political sides but one more than the other).
However if they want to leave the country then by all means I will be happy to help them pack and boot their arses onto a plane and see how much it really costs to have healthcare in another country. That would be a vlog worth watching 😂😂😂😂😂
What other country could they go to where they could get free healthcare and the same level of benefits they get here? Places like America and Australia wouldn’t take them because you have to prove you can support yourself and won’t be a drain on the economy and it will probably be the same in Europe after we leave the EU. She lives in cloud cuckoo land, but if any country is daft enough to take them, crack on and bog off.

Reactions: 7
What other country could they go to where they could get free healthcare and the same level of benefits they get here? Places like America and Australia wouldn’t take them because you have to prove you can support yourself and won’t be a drain on the economy and it will probably be the same in Europe after we leave the EU. She lives in cloud cuckoo land, but if any country is daft enough to take them, crack on and bog off.
immigration interview;

“And what do the 21 of you have to offer our fine country”

“Well I’m a pro at knocking out kids and he makes a good pie?!”

• Haha
Reactions: 15
You both are completely right! Just irritates me how much she takes it for granted and no one ever comments saying that. Also, she deleted the hashtag weneedtoleavethecountry. In my eyes, they are an incredible love educated set or parents that actually don't understand how much they rely on the incredible NHS.

Someone should comment on it and i'll comment on their post

Reactions: 4
I agree, I get its frustrating waiting for appointments etc but people should be attacking the government for cutting funds - not the actual staff who are doing their best. That or go private if they can afford it, although I doubt the Radfords can afford it for all of those kids!

Reactions: 8
You both are completely right! Just irritates me how much she takes it for granted and no one ever comments saying that. Also, she deleted the hashtag weneedtoleavethecountry. In my eyes, they are an incredible love educated set or parents that actually don't understand how much they rely on the incredible NHS.

Someone should comment on it and i'll comment on their post
Which post did these comments appear on? I can't find any health related post.
I'm actually laughing at the thought of Sue thinking she can get better FREE healthcare in any other country. I can tell you from experience that a lot of HCP's in Europe would be disgusted at her family size and they would be very quick to tell her how selfish and irresponsible they both are. They would never get a visa for US/NZ/AUS so no idea where she thinks will take them?

• Haha
I agree that NHS is on it's last legs but yes the government needs to be held responsible, not staff on the ground. For someone who is very high risk and has taken so much from the NHS it just highlights Sue's total lack of awareness complaining about it.

She’s deleted the post about her dad and criticising the NHS...

Surprised she has time in between her screaming sex sessions and picking her vag up off the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Possibly, there’s no way I could follow them on both. Oh yes. Not such negativity there.
Postcode lottery, is she bleeping kidding, her family are probably the biggest strain on her postcode?!

All of them will have doctors, dentists, schools etc

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.