The Radford Family #19 On the beg, can't get preg. Why the new pram? It's all for the gram

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm not that familiar with some of the eldest kids. What do Jack, Daniel, Luke and Katy do since they're now 18+?

Do they live at home? Work?
They all currently live at home with the exception of Sophie, Chris and chloe the three eldest. Katie now works in a nursery, Daniel joined the RAF but gave up and started a new job but I don't think they have mentioned what it is though? Not sure about luke, did he study something in college possibly? I think all the older ones do have their own jobs, luke was in the same school year as millie so there's no excuse as to why she won't start working

Reactions: 8
I think Luke works but not sure where. I heard McDonald’s but I could be wrong. Katie works in a nursery while going to college. Millie doesn’t work and not sure about James I know he’s at college but not sure if he has a job too. Ellie has left school this year and has a job in a hotel housekeeping.

Reactions: 5
Thanks! I'm catching up on the previous thread and have just come across a bit of discussion on this topic.

I only watched the earliest TV specials before they started buying and grifting all and sundry. I remember the kids' bedrooms being really bare and depressing particularly the boys' - cramped too. Presumably it's changed a bit since then.

I wasn't sure if they were dossing at home with no jobs (I keep reading mentions of gaming!) as they sound quite lazy!

Do they occupy the top floor away from their annoying younger siblings?! I find it odd that they wouldn't want to get their own flat or 3-bed house to have a bit of peace and space. Or move out with a mate? They seem very spoiled in that respect as they don't help with the younger kids. Morecambe doesn't sound like it would be unaffordable on a minimum wage.

I guess paying rent and bills would cut into their monthly disposable income 🙄
On the previous thread it was speculated that Noel and Sue don't want them to leave as it would mean fewer 'children' in the household and ruin their 'mega family living under one roof' image and £££.

Reactions: 6
Thanks! I'm catching up on the previous thread and have just come across a bit of discussion on this topic.

I only watched the earliest TV specials before they started buying and grifting all and sundry. I remember the kids' bedrooms being really bare and depressing particularly the boys' - cramped too. Presumably it's changed a bit since then.

I wasn't sure if they were dossing at home with no jobs (I keep reading mentions of gaming!) as they sound quite lazy!

Do they occupy the top floor away from their annoying younger siblings?! I find it odd that they wouldn't want to get their own flat or 3-bed house to have a bit of peace and space. Or move out with a mate? They seem very spoiled in that respect as they don't help with the younger kids. Morecambe doesn't sound like it would be unaffordable on a minimum wage.

I guess paying rent and bills would cut into their monthly disposable income 🙄
On the previous thread it was speculated that Noel and Sue don't want them to leave as it would mean fewer 'children' in the household and ruin their 'mega family living under one roof' image and £££.
All of the younger kids rooms are on the top floor next to noel and sue, the others are between the basement and middle floor.

One of the children (Tilly?) attends a c of e school in Heysham. It's not the nearest c of e school to them. The school is extremely selective, both parents need to be baptised c of e, so does the child, parents need to attend church once a month for at least 2 years before you even apply for a place. It is rated outstanding by ofsted and oversubscribed. Based on the child's age, they will have got a place before the new stricter admissions rules were enforced.

The rest attend the nearest primary school or the nearest academy/high school.

I live locally, and have only seen one of the daughter's in the Faraday's shop. Normally, it's another lady whose not related to the Radford's that works there. Weirdly, for a bakery, I did see bread rolls being delivered to the shop (they sell sandwiches, pastries, butties, as well as pies). I would have thought they'd bake the bread themselves.

Regarding Noel not paying a fine in December 2016...the river lune in Lancaster burst it's banks, and in doing so, flooded the electric substation. We had rolling power cuts, all shops closed, no bank machines worked, ran out of food, baby milk, nappies, petrol because the pumps were either empty or didn't work. Schools and places of work were closed and no one could get in or out of Lancaster because both of the main roads out and in are on bridges (Skerton and Greyhound Bridge were shut). So no deliveries t from the motorway could get through. Morecambe was shut off , and it took a good number of weeks for any sort of normalcy to return.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think the older Radfords went to one school , the one you mentioned, but they couldn't get the younger ones in. I remember Sue posting on Facebook about it at the time

Reactions: 3
One of the children (Tilly?) attends a c of e school in Heysham. It's not the nearest c of e school to them. The school is extremely selective, both parents need to be baptised c of e, so does the child, parents need to attend church once a month for at least 2 years before you even apply for a place. It is rated outstanding by ofsted and oversubscribed. Based on the child's age, they will have got a place before the new stricter admissions rules were enforced.

I live locally, and have only seen one of the daughter's in the Faraday's shop. Normally, it's another lady whose not related to the Radford's that works there. Weirdly, for a bakery, I did see bread rolls being delivered to the shop (they sell sandwiches, pastries, butties, as well as pies). I would have thought they'd bake the bread themselves.

Regarding Noel not paying a fine in December 2016...the river lune in Lancaster burst it's banks, and in doing so, flooded the electric substation. We had rolling power cuts, all shops closed, no bank machines worked, ran out of food, baby milk, nappies, petrol because the pumps were either empty or didn't work. Schools and places of work were closed and no one could get in or out of Lancaster because both of the main roads out and in are on bridges (Skerton and Greyhound Bridge were shut). So no deliveries t from the motorway could get through. Morecambe was shut off , and it took a good number of weeks for any sort of normalcy to return.

Do you know what the fine was for? I am confussed what it has to do with the storm.

Your right about the schools, up until tilly siblings got priority but after it was changed, I can remember Sue talking about it and I was really shocked that they expected people to take kids to 2 different schools.

Reactions: 14

Yeah I remember that. Fight at the petrol pumps or Tesco perhaps 🤷🏼‍♀️

Goes to show he’s not exactly “easy going”

• Haha
Seems the wait for the pies is getting a whole lot worse. Disgusting that they are taking people's money then not supplying. There is enough people in that house to help get orders out on time, however, with Noel constantly taking hours off here and there, weekends off to go away, I'm not surprised nothing gets made. Noel is probably filming all the time too which means more time away from the shop. Noel will also be home a lot soon anyway as it's summer holidays and Sue openly admits she cannot deal with all the kids when they are all home. I don't understand why they don't employ staff to bake and run the shop and they just own it, people might get their orders then.

Yeah Tillie was the last to attend before they changed their admissions criteria. Sue kicked up a massive stink at the time. I mean, how dare anyone expect the amazing Radfords to do 2 different Primary school runs a day? I've always wondered if they stopped the sibling priority because of this family. It's not their local school (presume they originally chose it due to it being close to the bakery?), yet they had a whole production line of kids waiting each year to take the space of yet another local child. After years of putting up with the Radfords and their tardy timekeeping, lack of support with home reading etc, they probably thought duck this, we better change the criteria to stop them getting in, otherwise we've got another 15 years or so of this as they're showing no signs of stopping any time soon! (Oscar would have started Sept 2016, Heidie will leave primary July 2031 so good job they did put a stop to it really, whatever their reasons!)

I've only ever agreed with sibling priority criteria for families in catchment. It's never sat right with me that kids can travel in from miles away and be given priority for a space, just because they already have an older sibling at the school (or numerous, in the case of the Rafords), yet another child who lives a few streets away, whose family doesn't have their own transport, misses out because they don't have any older siblings. Good on the school I say!

I'm always surprised Sue and Noel didn't attempt to move the older ones across to their local primary when Oscar started there. It would have made their lives a lot easier with less drop offs and pick ups to do. Maybe not the likes of Aimee and Josh, who wouldn't have had long left at the time, but Max and Tillie still had years of primary left at that stage (going into Year 2 and 3 I think). I'm sure they would have adapted fine to the move. It must have been pretty embarrassing as a family still keeping associations with a school you'd kicked up such a fuss about so publicly, by having some of your kids still attending for another 5 years. Then again, I'm honestly not sure if Sue and Noel are capable of that emotion are they?

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Anyone have a link or screenshot to the customer told to sod off re their order not arriving? People on sun link on Facebook wanting proof because this hardworking,lovely family who don't rely on anyone else as they work hard in their amazing lie shop 🤢🤣

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
Anyone have a link or screenshot to the customer told to sod off re their order not arriving? People on sun link on Facebook wanting proof because this hardworking,lovely family who don't rely on anyone else as they work hard in their amazing lie shop 🤢🤣
I’m sure it’s on this thread somewhere

I’m sure it’s on this thread somewhere
Sorry last thread

Reactions: 1
Its on the previous thread page 29

Reactions: 2
Yeah Tillie was the last to attend before they changed their admissions criteria. Sue kicked up a massive stink at the time. I mean, how dare anyone expect the amazing Radfords to do 2 different Primary school runs a day? I've always wondered if they stopped the sibling priority because of this family. It's not their local school (presume they originally chose it due to it being close to the bakery?), yet they had a whole production line of kids waiting each year to take the space of yet another local child. After years of putting up with the Radfords and their tardy timekeeping, lack of support with home reading etc, they probably thought duck this, we better change the criteria to stop them getting in, otherwise we've got another 15 years or so of this as they're showing no signs of stopping any time soon! (Oscar would have started Sept 2016, Heidie will leave primary July 2031 so good job they did put a stop to it really, whatever their reasons!)

I've only ever agreed with sibling priority criteria for families in catchment. It's never sat right with me that kids can travel in from miles away and be given priority for a space, just because they already have an older sibling at the school (or numerous, in the case of the Rafords), yet another child who lives a few streets away, whose family doesn't have their own transport, misses out because they don't have any older siblings. Good on the school I say!

I'm always surprised Sue and Noel didn't attempt to move the older ones across to their local primary when Oscar started there. It would have made their lives a lot easier with less drop offs and pick ups to do. Maybe not the likes of Aimee and Josh, who wouldn't have had long left at the time, but Max and Tillie still had years of primary left at that stage (going into Year 2 and 3 I think). I'm sure they would have adapted fine to the move. It must have been pretty embarrassing as a family still keeping associations with a school you'd kicked up such a fuss about so publicly, by having some of your kids still attending for another 5 years. Then again, I'm honestly not sure if Sue and Noel are capable of that emotion are they?
I thought I read that Sue was pally with the old headteacher of the preferred primary school. Once she left the new head changed the rules and has no time for the Radfords' shenanigans.
I'm unsure how true that is, I need a source!

You'd think logistically they'd want the kids to attend the closest schools in walkable distance. I can only think (if true) the old headteacher could be counted on to look the other way re.lateness, disorganisation, lack of attendance etc whereas the closer school/s didn't have that relationship.

Do you know what the fine was for? I am confussed what it has to do with the storm.

Your right about the schools, up until tilly siblings got priority but after it was changed, I can remember Sue talking about it and I was really shocked that they expected people to take kids to 2 different schools.
It might have been difficult for him to pay as everything was absolute chaos here during December 2016

Can you imagine the cost of buying new school uniforms for the children changing primary schools.. ouch

It might have been difficult for him to pay as everything was absolute chaos here during December 2016

Can you imagine the cost of buying new school uniforms for the children changing primary schools.. ouch
Noel was scoffing at the idea of the kids having hand me downs in their last C5 show so they apparently buy all new uniforms every year anyway, so doing it for a new school wouldn’t be any different.

Reactions: 10

Not a problem for the Radfords these days, they always buy brand new. Would just be a case of buying a green jumper/cardigan/dress etc rather than blue.

(Yes I get that this was 5 years ago, not now, but still think the cost of a couple of new jumpers would have outweighed the hassle of multiple school runs for 5 years).

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.