The Radford Family #15 They're still claiming it's funded by pies, it's all lies lies lies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes that's probably what he meant!

Tbh, I didn't think the uniform bill was that extortionate for all those kids. Logo uniform is expensive. When they said the price I was thinking surely that can't be it?! Then they mentioned there was another £100 pounds worth to come, which made more sense.

I don't know why they're sneering at hand me downs. Firstly, half the country rely on them, so you're actually sticking 2 fingers up to many of your supporters with that comment Noel. Secondly, whatever the hell is wrong with reusing good quality items anyway?! Thirdly, why pretend? You use to have to rely on hand me downs for the older ones. We know, we saw it in the old KAC. There's no shame in it. Why act like there is by not doing it any more just because you've come into money? (Money which you pretend you haven't come into).
I’ve just realised they are probably scoffing at the idea of hand me downs to prove that they can afford to have such a big family, not realising how ridiculous it makes them seem. Their creepy fans will eat it up of course “look what great parents they are, none of the kids have hand me downs, they all get brand new uniform every year” etc.

I really don’t understand what the point of this show is, I’d be far more interested in a realistic account of how a large family manage day to day, how they budget, manage time, how they cope with children with additional needs, even how they make extra money to afford luxuries. Why not do that show? Be honest about the struggles and the actual income they have.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Oh yes Noel, sneer at the environmentally sound idea of hand me downs, duck any sustainability of the planet.
Wouldn’t expect any more from over breeders like him & Sue.
Does anyone else think Sues development has been stunted by a life of being a baby machine?
Is there actually anything in that head of hers?

Reactions: 26
Oh yes Noel, sneer at the environmentally sound idea of hand me downs, duck any sustainability of the planet.
Does anyone else think Sues development has been stunted by a life of being a baby machine?
In an earlier KAC, I think when they celebrated their 10000th anniversary with renewed vows and a holiday, Sue said Im the most excited about that massive chocolate cake... like yeah, I do get it having sweet tooth myself but she sounded exactly like a 5 year old. She was never a mature 13 year old even though thats already painfully young age to go through the abuse then pregnancy, labour, brestfeeding etc. But I just can't think how did she do it back then?

Reactions: 13
In an earlier KAC, I think when they celebrated their 10000th anniversary with renewed vows and a holiday, Sue said Im the most excited about that massive chocolate cake... like yeah, I do get it having sweet tooth myself but she sounded exactly like a 5 year old. She was never a mature 13 year old even though thats already painfully young age to go through the abuse then pregnancy, labour, brestfeeding etc. But I just can't think how did she do it back then?
Absolutely that, she’s very immature.
Didn’t stand a chance in life after meeting and being impregnated by him though.

Reactions: 11
Plus the DLA

These idiots ain’t fooling NO ONE 😬
I wonder if one of the cars is a Motability one? Although if they have more than one car I doubt it. Has it been confirmed that they get DLA/PIP? It’s very difficult to get either for autism.

Reactions: 6
I wonder if one of the cars is a Motability one? Although if they have more than one car I doubt it. Has it been confirmed that they get DLA/PIP? It’s very difficult to get either for autism.
No it isn't, my niece is autistic and her parents get mid rate DLA for her.

Reactions: 6
It’s not difficult to get DLA for autism. My son has been getting it for a couple of years and he attends mainstream school. I’m not sure but I think one of the cars is on a mobility scheme. I mean, how can you afford two on £30kva year? 🥴🥴🥴🥴

Reactions: 4
It’s not difficult to get DLA for autism. My son has been getting it for a couple of years and he attends mainstream school. I’m not sure but I think one of the cars is on a mobility scheme. I mean, how can you afford two on £30kva year? 🥴🥴🥴🥴
It was difficult for me to get it for my daughter but that was a long time ago, the transfer to PIP was a nightmare! With regard to the mobility car it’s supposed to be used for the person and so far we’ve only seen him take the boy to school and also use the car to take the girl to the different school. For reference my daughter has been getting high rate DLA and now PIP for 18 yrs, it was really difficult back then.

Reactions: 1
I think he could pass as normal, nonce-past aside but she does seem to be very immature. The way she looks at him all doe-eyed after everything she says no matter how mundane it’s like she wants validation from him all the time. My husband wouldn’t get a word in if we had our own show. 😬

• Haha
Hi, new to the thread. I have so many questions after watching and reading a few threads. Just clarify for me... HOW DO THEY FUND IT?! Are we thinking YouTube, ADs, TV AND the pie shop? It can’t just be the pie shop surely? Everything just seems so expensive. My husband and I have pretty decent jobs but we still have to budget and save to go on holiday!!
What’s their secret?! 😂😂

• Heart
I think he could pass as normal, ponce-past aside but she does seem to be very immature. The way she looks at him all doe-eyed after everything she says no matter how mundane it’s like she wants validation from him all the time. My husband wouldn’t get a word in if we had our own show. 😬
Noel Radfraud is an absoloute big girls blouse and I may get slated for this but I think Daniel is a chip off the old block. He seems wet behind the ears as well. Just my opinion!!!

Reactions: 8
Hi, new to the thread. I have so many questions after watching and reading a few threads. Just clarify for me... HOW DO THEY FUND IT?! Are we thinking YouTube, ADs, TV AND the pie shop? It can’t just be the pie shop surely? Everything just seems so expensive. My husband and I have pretty decent jobs but we still have to budget and save to go on holiday!!
What’s their secret?! 😂😂
This is the BIG question 😂
I can only think that secretly they’re Russian spies and part of their deal is to keep having kids to carry on the essential indoctrination of the UK population until we’re all believers 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What’s their secret?! 😂😂
Didn't their parents recently pass away? Maybe they got alot of inheritance.

Reactions: 3
In the first episode was sues anger real or put on for the camera? I would have thought if sue was so stressed that noel might make a mistake she could have gone herself. Heidie was born in April I think it says it took a while to register because the office was closed.
I saw that and thought... you’ve had over 20 kids with this bloke... send him a message with the preferred spelling 🙄. Seemed staged🤷

Reactions: 7
Well this move to Channel 5 feels like the beginning of a car crash. I dunno but maybe Channel 4 had more control in making them look better (although even that didn't look to great). But there's something about this move that makes them seem even worse than normal.

Sue IS stupid, but yes it's not surprising because when has she had time to learn.

Reactions: 7
I’m new to the Redfords, I’m just two episodes in on 22 Kids and Counting and I cannot for the life of me understand how they can afford this? I can’t afford a third when we earn £50k between us never mind a massive house and two brand new cars. Have they had a win on the lottery or something?

Happy to be corrected here because I have limited knowledge of the benefit system. But I was under the impression that you can claim extra money for a child with additional needs so Max and maybe Tillie. Also any benefit caps do not apply?
I’m sure I saw it on a benefits programme where a lady had a larger than average amount of children and she said she wasn’t capped at three because one had additional needs.
there’s a difference between the financial cap, and the child cap. DLA cancels out the financial cap (which is also cancelled by getting working tax credits), but doesn’t cancel out the child limit.

Reactions: 1
I’m new to the Redfords, I’m just two episodes in on 22 Kids and Counting and I cannot for the life of me understand how they can afford this? I can’t afford a third when we earn £50k between us never mind a massive house and two brand new cars. Have they had a win on the lottery or something?
I've been watching the Radfords since their first special in 2012 and there is a massive difference in their lifestyle; back then, they seemed pretty frugal, with some exceptions (ie Sue getting a new pram for every baby) and drove an old minibus. I'd recommend watching their earlier series, it's on YT called 'Big families' for a comparison. Back then they were also pretty open about other sources of income like child benefit and tax credits rather than implying it's all the magic pie shop. Re the house, Morecambe is fairly cheap and I'm pretty sure they bought the house for under £100k so won't have a huge mortgage.

I would say that it wasn't until after Phoebe/Archie's birth that they started doing more #ads on Instagram/FB and getting more gifted that they started flashing the cash and wearing designer clothes. Like wasn't most of their new kitchen #gifted? The cars are also fairly recent too. In some ways the Radfords remind me of the Duggars (w/o the Christian fundamentalism lol) where the comparison between their pre and post TV life seems pretty stark.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.