The Queen #2 Thank You Ma’am RIP

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Apparently his coronation will be shorter and less ceremonial and elaborate than his mother's.
Sounds feasible, as a full coronation will be very expensive and obviously that doesn't look good in the current climate.

I can already feel the bile rising in people who are against the Queen having a state funeral and their reaction to the coronation will be even stronger!

When will they announce, when the funeral is?
It'll be formally announced today. It's just been said it's "thought to be" on 19 September, but hasn't been officially confirmed yet.

Reactions: 8
Charles and Camilla were in Dumfries and were flown to Balmoral in the morning. They often go to Dumfries.

Edinburgh roads are a nightmare due to all the closures. I think she arrives tomorrow to Holyrood.

Charles and Camilla were in Dumfries and were flown to Balmoral in the morning. They often go to Dumfries.

Edinburgh roads are a nightmare due to all the closures. I think she arrives tomorrow to Holyrood.
Charles and Camilla were at Dumfries House, which is in Ayrshire.

Reactions: 6
Friends at work yesterday received a msg from partner who is in police force. Police apparently received notification that HRH died at 2.47pm
and after checking with a few other friends who have similar connections this appears to be the same msg they too received.
Rumours circulating she had a stroke in the morning.
Could all be incorrect information but seems to be the same coming out of various sources. :(
I got a message from a friend in police HQ at 2.50pm that the queen had passed but didn’t want to believe it until it was officially confirmed
But definitely people must of been told before that like the PM etc

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I got a message from a friend in police HQ at 2.50pm that the queen had passed but didn’t want to believe it until it was officially confirmed
Apparently Liz Truss was only informed at 4.30pm according to an official (not a random posting on a forum) report I read.

You wasted your chance to make a quick buck by placing a bet.

Reactions: 1
Watching the proclamation. I’m no Liz Truss fan but it’s much more bearable watching her being part of it than Boris fumbling about. Camilla looks absolutely broken, such sad eyes.

Reactions: 11
Friends at work yesterday received a msg from partner who is in police force. Police apparently received notification that HRH died at 2.47pm
and after checking with a few other friends who have similar connections this appears to be the same msg they too received.
Rumours circulating she had a stroke in the morning.
Could all be incorrect information but seems to be the same coming out of various sources. :(
My dad's a policeman and he has every single Thursday of without fail when he was called in not long after the half 12 statement he knew something wasnt right had to leave his phone in locker so the first he heard was through his radio saying london bridge is down i repeat london bridge is down be on standby for further direction must of been so surreal to hear that news in that way but he didnt mention what time he got that 🥺

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Apparently Liz Truss was only informed at 4.30pm according to an official (not a random posting on a forum) report I read.

You wasted your chance to make a quick buck by placing a bet.
Off all the ways to make a quick buck 😬
(A line from Christmas vacation)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
What do we expect to close on the bank hol (presume it’s Monday 19th).. I only work 3 days a week and I’m already off on the Friday annual leave. I’ve just started a new job so i hope we can go in.. I work for the nhs in a GP surgery. Hmmm

What do we expect to close on the bank hol (presume it’s Monday 19th).. I only work 3 days a week and I’m already off on the Friday annual leave. I’ve just started a new job so i hope we can go in.. I work for the nhs in a GP surgery. Hmmm
The hospital I work at , all outpatients close on bank hols . I can’t see them closing for the day with only a weeks notice , I suspect it may just be a case of running as normal and everyone on double pay

Reactions: 1
I was impressed by the meeting of the crowd yesterday and made a point of watching the address at 6pm, which I admit to being more impressed by than I expected to be. Then again, like I said I was with a family member when Diana died who worshipped the ground she walked on and spend all week hearing he must not become king!

Where I live no one is bothered. In fact there’s a lot of complaining about inconvenience and yesterday our local rag (who refused to turn their banner black, and only put a rip message when pressured to) posted some controversial articles about why we do not need a prince of wales anymore - not the time; not to mention how when William and Kate lived on Anglesey everyone welcomed them (the rag covers there too). Went shopping which for first time in months I could do without getting overwhelmed by pop/soft rock music blasting out and people were having a go about that too.

I wonder if that’ll change when they eye a free day off ...

People really annoy me sometimes, aside from the local rag which I don’t follow anymore, I’ve not seen harshness on my feed. But in real life I certainly have.

Reactions: 5
The hospital I work at , all outpatients close on bank hols . I can’t see them closing for the day with only a weeks notice , I suspect it may just be a case of running as normal and everyone on double pay
I was just saying this about theaters, no way will they cancel ops on such short notice. The double pay will be nice though.

Thinking back to her last Christmas speech where she sad she wanted Camilla to be Queen and how she has been over the last few months, it does seem likely she had some kind of inkling her time might be limited - but then that is the case for a lot of 96 year olds! I did think Charles looked vv emotional at the balcony appearance during the jubilee.

Given all the news presenters etc changed to black early afternoon I’d be surprised if she died as late as 4.30pm as even before that at least 1 BBC reporter had stated she had already died.

But the details don’t really matter. It’s still sad but I’m glad she seems to have had at least two of her children with her.

As for the Harry bashing - it’s just totally unnecessary. He was widely said to be the Queen’s favourite and he is in mourning too. He looked distraught in that picture of him in the car.
I thought that about the Jubilee as well. It looked quite somber, compared to the 2012 jubilee. Like she knew it’d be her last

Reactions: 4
I thought that about the Jubilee as well. It looked quite somber, compared to the 2012 jubilee. Like she knew it’d be her last
You could tell she was really taking it all in on the balcony knowing it was likely her last.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
You could tell she was really taking it all in on the balcony knowing it was likely her last.
Read that after the pageant on the sunday no idea if true or not but she wasn't meant to come to the balcony on that sunday the trooping of the colour had taken it out of her but think Charles tried to get her to come as he thought it would be the last time she saw a crowd like that on the balcony and it was special to watch even more so now 💔 at the time i remember crying a little bit like she knew that would be the last time

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13