Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

IAlreadyDespiseYou

Chatty Member
Before I had my children I was a children’s nurse, working with children with life limiting health issues and genetic conditions.

You cannot base the decision to have a child who may be life limited or face incredibly hard challenges on what someone like Kathleen says.
Yes, the support for families with children with these issues is often very lacking or shit, no, no one is saying these children aren’t loved and valued, yes, they can have quality of life, but having worked with children who went through things that no healthy grown adult would ever be able to deal with if they suddenly were inflicted on them, and children who despite everything really didn’t have a quality of life or an ability to consent to what was happening to them, it really isn’t how she’s making it to be.
I would terminate if we were told we were pregnant with a child with a condition that was going to limit their life, leave them requiring 24 hour care, support all their life and someone else to look after them when we died. I would not expect their siblings to step in, or other family. Not because I hate or don’t value disabled and life limited children but because I’ve seen what they go through and I don’t think it’s fair to choose that life for them in many many situations.

but if a parent chooses not to terminate, I would support them in that choice too.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Yep. It’s just way too over familiar when you’ve known each other like two weeks. I bet they’re the type that get really pissed and mouthy when they’re together. Probs shouting obscenities at each other thinking they’re hilarious 😑🙄
You can just imagine them

“oh babes I’m gonna go out for a fag, fucking desperate for a fag, you comin for a fag babes?”

“yeah I’m coming you slaggggg! Let’s go for a fag babe!”

“let’s get fucking smashed babe - I’m going to get so drunk!”

They remind me of rough chavvy 19 year olds i used to work with. The ones who would go out smoking every 5 minutes at work, then dick around doing no work, giggling and acting like idiots, going to the pub on lunch break and coming back half cut and thinking they were hilarious. You can tell no one else likes them - they are clinging on To eachother because they are the outcasts from the group.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26

Curiouslycuriousstill

You need to know everything about each aircraft type down to how many of everything is on each aircraft, location of equipment eg oxygen how many, where they are, life vests, etc
Things you wouldn’t believe could send an aircraft tech and delay a flight etc emergency procedures, first aid, how to serve passengers so much more than being a waitress in the sky
You have the airlines own operating procedures, to learn. Exams daily. You can fail right up til wings ceremony

Imagine if you have 3 different aircraft types so all that again for each

It’s not as easy as service a cup or tea or coffee

• Heart
Reactions: 26

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
And it's not awful judging someone for how long they grieve?

If someone's returning to work a week after losing a parent then the chances are they aren't a child

There's millions of things Kaytee is a wrongun for but grieving for her son forever won't be one of them IMO
She isn’t grieving for her son. Shes whinging because she’s lost her easy income stream; she’s clinging onto whatever she can to avoid having to go out and actually earn a living instead of using her son to make a living from by exploiting his medical issues. She’s a snake, a fraud and a manipulative skank. If you think that she’s genuinely grieving for her child you are blind.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Not_A_Troll

VIP Member
All the arse lickers in the comments make me sick, telling her to talk to the trainers so they know what’s happening if she has to walk out, they’re not going to give you a free pass!
So many people have to deal with things like this and it’s awful, no one should lose a child, but that doesn’t mean you can wallow in grief for the rest of your life. It might sound harsh but most people don’t have the luxury of taking as much time as they want off work, they have to get on with things however hard it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Love how she’s bragging about her time at Uni. All those reports look like they were written by the same person. And also saying she’d dealt with more emergencies during her 9 week placement than some of the nurses had in years of work. Ok Kathleen, if you say so. Close your Nurse Mum account and get on with your life now.
I particularly laughed when she said her 1st ever student placement “made her the nurse she is today” - YOU ARE NOT A FUCKING NURSE! YOU ARE AN INSULT THE THE PROFESSION AND AN EMBARRASSMENT TO NURSES.

Basicbasic

VIP Member
What a truly sad event and sad day. Happy birthday j. You deserved so much more in life and in death. Can't remember her ever doing anything for him when alive. She would have been better to spend the day at his grave, privately revisiting old memories with close family, and requesting donations for the hospice.

Instead shes spent all week tanning, getting hair, lashes, outfits, makeup sorted so she can sit in a room of strangers who all look mortified to be 'celebrating' the birthday of a deceased child. Its actually very very sad. Everyone grieves differently, but I just can't imagine spending this day dolled up to the nines, having photos taken and sat amongst a bunch of strangers off the Internet.

• Sad

Curiouslycuriousstill

Didn’t I say the notebook would get her the attention she wanted and she wouldn’t really explain because she is a complete attention seeking crank

Honestly imagine this woman on your flight with a child. Honestly cannot stand her

Cherrypie32

Chatty Member
How to put everyone on your course in a really awkward position. They won’t be your actual colleagues so it’s just embarrassing for them when you’ve essentially forced them into talking about it.

Reactions: 22

AnkleTag

For me, the one thing that most summed up TheNurseMum account was that Kathleen said her big dream was to take Jaxon to The Maldives. He was three years old and hated sand.

From what was posted on Instagram, there seemed to be a real lack of ability for Kathleen to differentiate between what she wanted to do for herself and what Jaxon might enjoy.

BettyCrockerr

VIP Member
Interesting that the only person she seems to have befriended on the course is the one token irritating little shit….

• Haha

Curiouslycuriousstill

It will go along the lines of
“Having had a meeting with the trainers and management I am not yet ready for this due to my exceptional levels of grief I need to deal with. We decided to postpone my training to a later date”

Reactions: 21

Yawnyoureboring

“When you have to walk through the baby section to print photos of your baby who’s not here anymore” She really pisses me off I swear. Could of just used freeprints hun but Yano, anything for a story.

• Haha

Pushyplumb

VIP Member
I hope she does stick at this cabin crew job and hope she makes friends and has a new sense of purpose. Now is the time to shut down her Nurse Mum account. She is never going to get over losing her son, no one would but to profit on an Instagram account for Jaxson a year after his death isn't right.

• Heart

Imasheep

She really doesn't want to go back to work does she?
I know unless you've experienced it you can't even begin to understand what it must be like to lose a child. On the other hand she's got a long life ahead of her. She is triggered by EVERYTHING!
Her two accounts vary so much. She's mourning her son and the income and lifestyle she's clearly become accustomed to.
I want to be sympathetic to her loss but when there are mothers/fathers out there who don't have a 50k+ go fund me to lighten the load I'm really struggling. So many (myself included) gave her that money to take some time, get her shit together. Not piss it up the wall buying a fucking merc and going on all these bloody lifestyle retreats.
If she ends up actually doing a full day's graft I'll eat my hat.