The Murdaugh Murders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree, but for selfish reasons I wanted to see it through until the end. I hope they get done for his wife , and her ex husbands as well. They make the murdaughs look normal this family.
---

He was a lovely judge, no ego whatsoever. And the fact he only lost his own son
I'd like to see more of Judge Clifton Newman. I really liked his style. He's doing all the Murdaugh financial trials too so we'll see more of him then but I'll need to look him up and see if he's done any other interesting ones.
I agree so would I - he came across as so calm and measured. He had a trustworthy air about him.

Reactions: 4
how the hell is this allowed

(relatable reaction btw)

Reactions: 1
When it (murder of Paul and Maggie) first happened, I felt so sad for Maggie as she looked like such a lovely lady and I wondered if she was stuck. Stuck in a family she didn't want to be a part of; stuck in an unhappy marriage; just stuck all 'round ... but perhaps enjoyed all the trappings.

But after watching the Netflix documentary and hearing how after Paul and his girlfriend were in the car crash, she was among those who came and first retrieved the guns from the back of the ute before helping Paul and his girlfriend out, it made me wonder if I'd got it wrong about her. Then there was the comment from Mallory's mother about Maggie piping up, "What if they never find her?" -- which I interpreted as Mallory's mother thinking Maggie was hoping that would be the case so there would no crime. (Still a crime in that the boat crashed and they were all drunk, but the defence could've conjured a story about her choosing to leave the scene of her own volition - choosing to be a missing person and starting a new life elsewhere - or something).

Then, Paul's girlfriend said that when the housekeeper was in hospital, Maggie was the only one to visit.

So, I think it was 'a bit of column A, column B' in that Maggie was the best of a bad bunch and was likely stuck but was also complicit in a lot of the goings-on. Or maybe she felt pressured to go along with everything.

The rumours of her wanting a divorce are unsubstantiated because investigative reporters searched far and wide for lawyers who she may had met with, and came up with nothing.

Gloria, the housekeeper, had injuries that would suggest a beating to me ... I could be wrong, but just an inkling. I think she knew too much and was hung out to dry. Maybe Alec/x told Maggie what happened - she didn't see it happen firsthand - and she later discovered he'd lied, and started investigating for herself?

At first, I wondered if Paul had got himself into more trouble and - rather than going to his grandfather first as he was prone to do - he went to his father. Paul's grandfather died a few days after the killings - had he been sick beforehand? If so, that would explain why he didn't go to him. But then again, Alex was heard to say something to the effect of, "Why did you have to get involved" ... which leads me to think maybe Paul confided in Maggie and he was asking her that question. Maggie was shot while she was running away - did she do that after seeing Alec/x shoot Paul? Or did Paul shoot her because she'd told his father what his latest dismeanour was? Or, did Alec/x shoot Maggie because she started asking questions about why bills weren't being paid?

I wonder what Alec/x did with all the money over the years ... it seemed too much money to be spent on drugs.

Reactions: 4
how the hell is this allowed

(relatable reaction btw)
It's crazy, would seem too close a connection, but if he's right, they looked into it and decided to go ahead with him anyway.

I don't know if it's just me being very British but I always feel deeply uncomfortable about jurors coming out and speaking publicly after trials. Seems a bit kind of... I dunno... fame-hungry?

Sometimes they blurt out stuff that causes a mistrial, which must be so frustrating for the people involved.
(P.S. Nice to see a fellow turd here @welp 💩)

Reactions: 10
I went down several rabbit holes today on this ... a lot of people think that Alex was there, but didn't pull the trigger. They think he's shielding someone else. I don't agree, although who really knows? Surprised Alex didn't try to pin it on his (then) sick father.

Reactions: 3
I went down several rabbit holes today on this ... a lot of people think that Alex was there, but didn't pull the trigger. They think he's shielding someone else. I don't agree, although who really knows? Surprised Alex didn't try to pin it on his (then) sick father.
You need to listen to the Prosecutors podcast. There is no way Alex didn’t do it. The video that Paul shot a few minutes before he was killed has Alex’s voice on it- which was the bombshell at the trial putting him at the scene, and obliterating his made up alibi. His car tracker also showed he was at the scene at the time of the murders, and passing the spot where Maggie’s phone was dumped at the exact moment her phone showed it was thrown into bushes.
As the judge said, the evidence is overwhelming. Nutters come up with all sorts of bollocks about conspiracies, but facts are facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Newest prosecutors pod is out. They’re explaining how straight after Stephen smith died one of the Murdaughs (Randy) called them and offered to represent them for free. A lot of the family didn’t even know he was dead yet!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Currently listening to the new episode of The Prosecutors. I cannot believe they elect coroners with potentially no scientific or medical background :oops:They're the most important person part of the crime scene!

Reactions: 3
Newest prosecutors pod is out. They’re explaining how straight after Stephen smith died one of the Murdaughs (Randy) called them and offered to represent them for free. A lot of the family didn’t even know he was dead yet!
Randy got access to all of Stephen's social media as he asked the family for passwords.

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Seeing as they reopened Stephen’s murder case while investigating Paul and Maggie’s murders ‘because of evidence found’ I’d be shocked if this doesn’t come to trial at some point.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
A recording of Alex to Jim Griffin (phone call from prison during trial), has been released and shouldn't have been.

Bland and Richter are representing Stephen's family. They want access to all of his social media etc. Hope it gains traction.

A recording of Alex to Jim Griffin (phone call from prison during trial), has been released and shouldn't have been.

Bland and Richter are representing Stephen's family. They want access to all of his social media etc. Hope it gains traction.
Access to whose social media?

Currently listening to the new episode of The Prosecutors. I cannot believe they elect coroners with potentially no scientific or medical background :oops:They're the most important person part of the crime scene!
In most states, elected coroners are not required to be physicians or forensic pathologists. State law often mandates specific death investigation training for coroners.

Reactions: 1