Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

queenamber

VIP Member
Thinking of Mallory Beach, Stephen Smith, Gloria Satterfield, and anyone else whose lives were ruined by this criminal family :(
---
Sentencing tomorrow morning at 9:30. They're wasting no time!

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Silverback

VIP Member
I went down several rabbit holes today on this ... a lot of people think that Alex was there, but didn't pull the trigger. They think he's shielding someone else. I don't agree, although who really knows? Surprised Alex didn't try to pin it on his (then) sick father.
You need to listen to the Prosecutors podcast. There is no way Alex didn’t do it. The video that Paul shot a few minutes before he was killed has Alex’s voice on it- which was the bombshell at the trial putting him at the scene, and obliterating his made up alibi. His car tracker also showed he was at the scene at the time of the murders, and passing the spot where Maggie’s phone was dumped at the exact moment her phone showed it was thrown into bushes.
As the judge said, the evidence is overwhelming. Nutters come up with all sorts of bollocks about conspiracies, but facts are facts.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
SLED now officially consider Stephen Smith's death homicide and not vehicular manslaughter.

Justice for Stephen is coming.

• Heart
Reactions: 16

queenamber

VIP Member
Judge Newman is so classy. I just read his 40 year old son passed away last month. This case must really test him when a man has murdered his own son.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

Silverback

VIP Member
Honestly the way he shafted those boys is utterly disgusting ! Alec and the defence just wanted to skirt over the financial crimes and try and make out it was ok as they are now getting the money they are owed !
I loved the fact the judge allowed the satterfield son to give evidence !
The Satterfield, Smith and Beach families all deserve justice.

Reactions: 10

mickeycat

Chatty Member
how the hell is this allowed

(relatable reaction btw)
It's crazy, would seem too close a connection, but if he's right, they looked into it and decided to go ahead with him anyway.

I don't know if it's just me being very British but I always feel deeply uncomfortable about jurors coming out and speaking publicly after trials. Seems a bit kind of... I dunno... fame-hungry?

Sometimes they blurt out stuff that causes a mistrial, which must be so frustrating for the people involved.
(P.S. Nice to see a fellow turd here @welp 💩)

Reactions: 10

Silverback

VIP Member
Come one come all and discuss this despicable family and all the bodies they’ve left behind them.

The trial streams live on YouTube every day. Personally I had to take a break from it today as all the talk of Paul’s brains splattering out the top of his head was too much for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 9

PillowsofFluff

Chatty Member
:eek:Watched all 3 eps of the new season last night. Very interesting and well made. Paul was hardly an angel, but didn't deserve to have his dad, of all people, shoot his brains out like that. Imagine being Maggie and seeing your son shot dead by his father

• Sad
Reactions: 9

queenamber

VIP Member
Parking myself here! What a despicable lot they are.

Buster is either the most emotionally strong person ever or also in on the crime. How is he remaining so composed and unemotional in all of this?

Reactions: 8

soymilk

VIP Member
the docu-series on Netflix was so interesting, couldn't believe how much happened in such a small town. I believe Alec is guilty of killing Maggie and Paul and Buster is as guilty too - maybe he didn't kill anyone but he's complicit and knows exactly what happened!

queenamber

VIP Member
They're auctioning off some of the Murdaugh's furniture today, including Maggie's monogrammed pillows :(

Money certainly can't buy taste...

• Sick
  • Wow

Silverback

VIP Member
As soon as it came to light that he’d lied about being at the scene and the Snapchat video proved it, he was toast. Well done prosecution!

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Watched an interview on Law and Crime YT channel with female doc who undertook the 2nd autopsy. She said it is routine to do a rape kit when a body is found in circumstances like Stephen's. She also noted that the first autopsy was professional. She said that she thinks the first physician regrets indicating it was a motor collision.

We will learn about the findings when she has submitted her report. She noted the body was in good condition.

Dr Kenny Kinsey has been out to the place where Stephen was found and has been doing his usual indepth sightings of the scene etc to build a picture and follow evidence. His interview is also on Law and Crime. It's my one stop shop for US crime stuff.

Sorry for typos etc...migraine. Now darkness for me ☺

Reactions: 7