The Murdaugh Murders

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come one come all and discuss this despicable family and all the bodies they’ve left behind them.

The trial streams live on YouTube every day. Personally I had to take a break from it today as all the talk of Paul’s brains splattering out the top of his head was too much for me!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Yay so glad there is a thread for the trial and the family ! I have watched the whole trial so far with Emily d Baker and watched the Netflix doc
I definitely think he did it but am concerned the Jury will struggle with finding him guilty !

Reactions: 3
Parking myself here! What a despicable lot they are.

Buster is either the most emotionally strong person ever or also in on the crime. How is he remaining so composed and unemotional in all of this?

Reactions: 8
Parking myself here! What a despicable lot they are.

Buster is either the most emotionally strong person ever or also in on the crime. How is he remaining so composed and unemotional in all of this?
He came across as a bit stupid in his testimony he didn’t seem to know what was going on most of the time ! He didn’t even know when he’s dad birthday was ! Spoilt rich kid who relies on daddy and wouldn’t know what to do without him !

Reactions: 6
He's definitely guilty of financial crime but so far I am thinking not guilty for the murders of Maggie and Paul!

Reactions: 1
He's definitely guilty of financial crime but so far I am thinking not guilty for the murders of Maggie and Paul!
I’m curious, why? Considering he lied about being at the scene and was caught on Paul’s video at the scene only a few mins before?

I have the utmost respect for the autopsy lady. She’s having none of the nonsense from the defence and very firm with her replies.

Reactions: 5
Interesting! Who do you think it could be?

I do find it believable that he could've killed Maggie since they were estranged and she knew about all of his dodgy goings-on. Paul is hard to wrap my head around. Why kill one son and not the other? Although it's starting to seem like Paul was on his Mum's side. I guess it's proving what a psychopath megalomaniac he is.
---
He came across as a bit stupid in his testimony he didn’t seem to know what was going on most of the time ! He didn’t even know when he’s dad birthday was ! Spoilt rich kid who relies on daddy and wouldn’t know what to do without him !
Oh he's definitely dumb as a box of rocks but he just seems completely numb to the trauma of losing his Mum and brother (and now his Dad effectively since he'll likely be locked up for a long time, if not the death penalty)

Reactions: 2
I think Alec was involved in the murders of Paul and Maggie. I feel Maggie has been forgotten about in the trial especially by the defence it was all about Paul.

Alec testifying was wild, didn't contemplate what if he had gone back down there. Automatically thought it was to do with the boat case. I think Ian Runkle (Runkle of the Bailey) said he isn't scared of people who send him threats, it's the ones who don't sent them ypu should be scared of.

Not buying the $50k a week opioid addiction either.

I despise Dick Harpootlian I think he is truly awful. Creighton Waters was not the right person to prosecute he was too focused on finances.

I think the jury will hang.

Reactions: 4
I think Alec was involved in the murders of Paul and Maggie. I feel Maggie has been forgotten about in the trial especially by the defence it was all about Paul.

Alec testifying was wild, didn't contemplate what if he had gone back down there. Automatically thought it was to do with the boat case. I think Ian Runkle (Runkle of the Bailey) said he isn't scared of people who send him threats, it's the ones who don't sent them ypu should be scared of.

I despise Dick Harpootlian I think he is truly awful. Creighton Waters was not the right person to prosecute he was too focused on finances.

I'm amazed Alex is being defended by a Democrat. Alex gives me such Republican vibes :LOL:

• Wow

I’m new to watching this and I’m like you, finding it hard to see how the jury will convict him on what the prosecution has laid out.
It’s such a heartbreaking case- so much tragedy and senseless deaths. But just the number of lies that AM has told is unbelievable.
Still trying to figure out what he has to gain by them being out of the picture- except to leave all to Buster if he had actually gone through with his own supposedly botched murder/suicide.
I think he could’ve had a plan that went wrong to take out Paul because of the boat crash trial. And somehow his wife was in the mix at the kennel.
If not him then who???
Was there ever anyone else looked at as the shooter?
So many questions....

Isn’t there proof that Paul and Maggie had confronted him about his opioid addiction just before their deaths? If I remember rightly it was shown by text messages- something like ‘why did you have to get involved’ to Paul.

By the way I really recommend listening to the Prosecutors. They’ve done two episodes on this so far with several more to come, and they lay out clearly why he is guilty as hell!

the docu-series on Netflix was so interesting, couldn't believe how much happened in such a small town. I believe Alec is guilty of killing Maggie and Paul and Buster is as guilty too - maybe he didn't kill anyone but he's complicit and knows exactly what happened!

Reactions: 8
I’m new to watching this and I’m like you, finding it hard to see how the jury will convict him on what the prosecution has laid out.
It’s such a heartbreaking case- so much tragedy and senseless deaths. But just the number of lies that AM has told is unbelievable.
Still trying to figure out what he has to gain by them being out of the picture- except to leave all to Buster if he had actually gone through with his own supposedly botched murder/suicide.
I think he could’ve had a plan that went wrong to take out Paul because of the boat crash trial. And somehow his wife was in the mix at the kennel.
If not him then who???
Was there ever anyone else looked at as the shooter?
So many questions....
I have similar thoughts on it all. I don't think the prosecution have shown enough to convince me, not beyond reasonable doubt. He has told lies upon lies, but this is a man that's spent his whole life in murky dealings and is constantly lying to cover up his actions, I think I said on the other thread it's like his default position. An example of that is his call logs from the night being deleted (which he says he didn't do), we now know his calls from the evening and there's not even anything unusual or incriminating on there, so why did he delete them? I think it's possible he's so used to trying to wriggle out of situations and absolve himself of blame, that he's lied to distance himself from being anywhere near the scene.

My lead theory would be though that he knows more than he's revealed about who did it, he either knows or suspects who it was and is covering this info up as it would uncover more of his criminal activities that as of yet, isn't known about. The large sums of money being stolen and noone knows where it was all going, could well be debts to some very shady people, I wonder if he was involved in drug trafficking. No way was he spending 50k a week on personal use 😂. So I do think he knows something more. Not convinced he pulled a trigger. The state's motive they've tried to suggest, I think is weak. People can be a compulsive liar and a thief, but it's a very different type of person to do this sort of crime and I can't see what he would have gained? If he's as selfish as they say, there would have been some benefit for him to do this, there's been nothing to suggest that he was just a violent, aggressive character. I know people have used Chris Watts as an example of someone who didn't seem like the type to do what he did, but he did have a motive, he wanted his family gone so he could skip off with his other woman.

Anyway, them's my thoughts so far!

Yay so glad there is a thread for the trial and the family ! I have watched the whole trial so far with Emily d Baker and watched the Netflix doc
I definitely think he did it but am concerned the Jury will struggle with finding him guilty !
I've been watching it live on EDB's channel too. She's really good. Law & Lumber on YouTube also does good recaps and for a journalist persective, Brian Entin on Twitter is good too.

I only got into this whole story last week. I watched the Netflix doc and, as I'm off work sick just now, started following the trial.

The whole thing is just bizarre and I find all the court procedure and legal stuff fascinating.

They are all liars and disingenuous if you ask me!Alex talks about Paul like he is the family dog,"Paw Paw was such a good boy"...Buster couldn't care less....The trial seems to centre more on Paul than Maggie..they all seem a bit slower in South Carolina...like they're more focused on being polite than answering questions if that makes sense ..Alex's cross examination was excruciating to listen to but I think he was being misleading to seed confusion and doubt in the jurors minds...

Reactions: 6
I have similar thoughts on it all. I don't think the prosecution have shown enough to convince me, not beyond reasonable doubt. He has told lies upon lies, but this is a man that's spent his whole life in murky dealings and is constantly lying to cover up his actions, I think I said on the other thread it's like his default position. An example of that is his call logs from the night being deleted (which he says he didn't do), we now know his calls from the evening and there's not even anything unusual or incriminating on there, so why did he delete them? I think it's possible he's so used to trying to wriggle out of situations and absolve himself of blame, that he's lied to distance himself from being anywhere near the scene.

My lead theory would be though that he knows more than he's revealed about who did it, he either knows or suspects who it was and is covering this info up as it would uncover more of his criminal activities that as of yet, isn't known about. The large sums of money being stolen and noone knows where it was all going, could well be debts to some very shady people, I wonder if he was involved in drug trafficking. No way was he spending 50k a week on personal use 😂. So I do think he knows something more. Not convinced he pulled a trigger. The state's motive they've tried to suggest, I think is weak. People can be a compulsive liar and a thief, but it's a very different type of person to do this sort of crime and I can't see what he would have gained? If he's as selfish as they say, there would have been some benefit for him to do this, there's been nothing to suggest that he was just a violent, aggressive character. I know people have used Chris Watts as an example of someone who didn't seem like the type to do what he did, but he did have a motive, he wanted his family gone so he could skip off with his other woman.

Anyway, them's my thoughts so far!
Very interesting. I think you could be onto something when you say you're not convinced he pulled the trigger. I could definitely see him paying someone off to do it.

The prosecutorz podcast have been covering some of the trial also Brett from the Prosecutor’s is completely convinced Alec killed his family which I love !
Alec is a Narcissist 💯
Also loved this picture which was on twitter I’m just catching up with yesterdays coverage
41F1EA9E-A7CA-4AB0-BD19-404E19E7F68C.png