The Moscow/Idaho Murders #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think so too, someone has done something slightly dodgy to get the information they needed to get him (probably the DNA) and that's what they are hiding. Its just about whether that is enough to sew the seeds of doubt into the jury's mind.

this fits in with them being so slow with the evidence hand over
the dna situation is probably true but also

Moscow PD has done this before in the case that sometimes is referred to as Stickergate which involves Pastor Wilson's grandchildren and they have sued back on Oct 6, 2022 the following City of Moscow, Latah County, Bill Thompson, Keith School, Moscow Police Department, Jay Waters, Shaine Gunderson, Mitch Nunes, Liz Warner, Mia Bautista. I'm not sure what is going on with this case.

This is a screenshot from reddit about what happened with Stickergate situation.

Screen Shot 2024-06-03 at 7.19.49 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: 1
This whole thing reminds me of those 19th century cases in which the local county police were baffled and called in Scotland Yard - mixed with a bit of The Heat of the Night.

The prosecution is so full of holes.

However, the citing of the Judy Thompson case makes me wonder who Kohberger knew, or had contact with.
---
Do you promise to tell the truth under penalty of perjury
I do
Can you state your name and spell your last name.
My name is Brett Payne, last name P-A-Y-E
it looked like the audio was cutting in and out and maybe that is why we didn't hear the N in his last name and then when Mowery's testified he was talking so low that the court reporter asked the Judge to tell Mowery to speak up and the sound wasn't good on that day either in some parts.

Good the investigators for the defense get to look at the IGG, he should have done that in the first place back in Jan 2024.

Kohberger case means big budget requests
Latah County district court and prosecutor’s office budgeting for large expenses because of potential trial
  • By Anthony Kuipers Moscow-Pullman Daily News
  • Jun 12, 2024 Updated 10 hrs ago

MOSCOW — Latah County District Court is requesting significant increases in its budget to prepare for costs associated with the Bryan Kohberger case and its potential trial.

The court wants to increase its trial expense budget to $150,000 in fiscal year 2025. That is a nearly 5,000% increase from fiscal year 2024’s budget of $3,000.

Trial expenses include travel and lodging costs for jurors and bailiffs. Those jurors will need supplies, including meals, which is why the court also requested a large increase in its jury supplies budget from $3,500 to $50,000

The budget request to cover witness fees is also substantially higher than last year’s. For this, the court requested a budget of $25,000 this year compared to the $3,500 budget last year. This is largely to pay for travel costs of witnesses who are scheduled to testify in court.

Kohberger’s trial date has not yet been set, and his attorneys are planning to argue for moving the trial outside Latah County in the interest of finding a more impartial jury pool.

Court Clerk Tonya Dodge informed the commissioners that even if the trial is moved, Latah County still has to reimburse the county where the trial is taking place for juror costs.

Latah County’s Financial Officer Christine Nauman said the county can pay for these budget increases through fines and fees collected by the court, and with money allocated from Idaho liquor sale revenue.

The Latah County Prosecutor Office’s budget is also influenced by the Kohberger trial. Just like last year, Prosecutor Bill Thompson requested a trial expense budget of $135,000. Before the Kohberger case, Thompson’s office typically requested $15,000 for trial expenses.

Thompson said his office’s expenses will increase if the trial is moved to a different county, because Latah County will have to pay for his staff’s travel and lodging costs.

Both Thompson and Dodge said it is difficult to anticipate exactly how much the Kohberger trial will cost at this point.

The commissioners are expected to adopt the county’s annual budget later this summer.

Kuipers can be reached at [email protected].

Reactions: 1
The IGG...

I think I know why Julez thinks that the defense was given all of the IGG that was submitted to the courts back in around Dec 1, 2023 but I could be wrong. I was under the impression that the defense was trying to have their investigators have access to the IGG that was given to the defense and the judge said that they wasn't given all of it back in Jan 2024. Something is better than nothing.

Screen Shot 2024-06-14 at 4.31.42 PM.png

There is a new hearing coming up on June 27, 2024 for a briefing schedule and oral argument dates for pre-trial motions, including motions to suppress, motions in limine and any motions challenging the death penalty, expert disclosure deadlines, a trial setting deadlines for filling pre-trial materials such as proposed jury instructions, juror questionnaires, witnesses lists... this sounds like a lot going on all at once imo.

Reactions: 2