The Moscow/Idaho Murders #4

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This was filed by the Defense on March 6, 2024, Anne Taylor asked for additional deadlines that the judge forgot to set for this case.
Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 10.31.52 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 10.32.13 PM.png

• Wow
Reactions: 2
April '25!!! madness. Those poor families.
in the last two hearings March 2025/Summer 2025 was talked about. The Judge in hearing in Jan 2024 said that he didn't want a 2025 trial date after Anne said something about March 2025 at the earliest and but it probably would be better in the summer 2025. then the state agreed with Anne said that these cases take time which is true and once the state agreed with Anne's statement that's when the Judge was on board.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3

here's an update about the appeal that was filed with the Supreme Court of Idaho, it was denied.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
New documents for this case
MOTION TO SEAL DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO AUGMENT THE RECORD

ORDER SEALING DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO AUGMENT THE RECORD

STATE'S OBJECTION TO DEFENDANT'S "MOTION REQUESTING ADDITIONAL DEADLINES"

STATE'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S "MOTION TO SEAL DEFENDANT'S MOTION TO AUGMENT THE RECORD"

these were all filed before the Idaho Supreme Court denied BK's appeal and someone said it's because Idaho Supreme Court doesn't want to be involved and because they don't want to be the bad guy and overturn the indictment. Just like with the Judge they denied Alex M. a new trial, his lawyers appealed it to a higher court. I don't know that status of that appeal. But I did noticed that some people that felt that, the judge that denied Alex M a new trial just kicked the can down the road.

Last edited:
Opinions on Zara’s doco so far? All I’m taking away so far is that this JLR guy is an absolute knob 😅

Reactions: 7
View attachment 2809837

I see that this will air this Wednesday in the UK.
So basically Zara travels to Moscow. She talks about how SM picks up on the case and it goes viral. (Shows short clips of various creators including dripdrop) She meets JLR investigates, and follows him around Moscow , interspersed with news clips. She replays Kaylee's last videos and talks about connecting with her.

Spoke to one of X and Es friends who is in the local media and talked about the pain and how they were /are scared. Because the police were not revealing stuff it lead to the rise of online sleuthing particularly as a result of the first MPD news conference.

Talked to Bullhorn Betty about how she calls people out on her channel. Moved on to the Gabby Petito case and how this was solved due to web sleuthers. How they go through everything including victims SM

Spoke to John Webb who disclosed the grubtruck video, didn't realise how fast the video would spread. Spoke to Joe at the grubtruck and how people now film outside of it and how idiots like JLR post outside it and how they are not helping with solving the case and just trying to dramatise. They then talk about hoodie guy and how his house and family were tracked down. (It is not a game of clue).

"It's about putting criminals on notice!" Due to what JLR and others do. They will not stop until they find stuff out, and if you don't talk to them it "gets bad in cyberspace" - so basically confirming how he and others harass those around the victims.

Talks about all the calls to Jack and how they (sm warriors) have then hunted him down and how MPD then had to stop the rumours. Comments on how Jack, hoodie guy, D&B all refuse to talk to the media.

D&B have "chosen" to be public figures by posting on sm in the first place.

Talked to rev Donna seraphina and showed other mediums posts. Donna alleged the killer was the son of a baker which then resulted in harassment of bakers in Moscow.
Visited a baker who then showed the harassment posts they then got including how his son was a killer (he had no son!).

Felt it's a vicious cycle of watching sm content even if it is outlandish. Basically if it gets caught up in the algorithm it goes viral and that encourages more.

Destiny wolburn talked about live streaming the police conferences and how the newspaper she said she was affiliated to did not know her, so lying to get closer to the action. Talked about the backlash she received including death threats.

Finally mention goncalves family. Then it moves to bk arrest press conference and how not a single sleuther had named him before his arrest. How it will then lead to peace.... And then it got worse and sends sm sleuthers into overdrive and question the investigation. Brent now mentioned and how the sleuths try to link them including JLR.

Z talks to Darren dunkin (Brent's best friend) about how they need to stop talking about him and how his legacy is tarnished. Z then questions JLRs motivation (JLR had a criminal record and now wants redemption) and no such thing as innocent until proven guilty so your guilty until you prove otherwise.

Back to destiny(outside 1122 king) who said she knew K&m but then admitted it was a lie but that she connects to them (it's like watching people on TV). And how she's met a community online that helps each other.

Finishes with, I'm not judging but they are exploiting for views but there is a demand so you can't blame them.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
So basically Zara travels to Moscow. She talks about how SM picks up on the case and it goes viral. (Shows short clips of various creators including dripdrop) She meets JLR investigates, and follows him around Moscow , interspersed with news clips. She replays Kaylee's last videos and talks about connecting with her.

Spoke to one of X and Es friends who is in the local media and talked about the pain and how they were /are scared. Because the police were not revealing stuff it lead to the rise of online sleuthing particularly as a result of the first MPD news conference.

Talked to Bullhorn Betty about how she calls people out on her channel. Moved on to the Gabby Petito case and how this was solved due to web sleuthers. How they go through everything including victims SM

Spoke to John Webb who disclosed the grubtruck video, didn't realise how fast the video would spread. Spoke to Joe at the grubtruck and how people now film outside of it and how idiots like JLR post outside it and how they are not helping with solving the case and just trying to dramatise. They then talk about hoodie guy and how his house and family were tracked down. (It is not a game of clue).

"It's about putting criminals on notice!" Due to what JLR and others do. They will not stop until they find stuff out, and if you don't talk to them it "gets bad in cyberspace" - so basically confirming how he and others harass those around the victims.

Talks about all the calls to Jack and how they (sm warriors) have then hunted him down and how MPD then had to stop the rumours. Comments on how Jack, hoodie guy, D&B all refuse to talk to the media.

Talked to rev Donna seraphina and showed other mediums posts. Donna alleged the killer was the son of a baker which then resulted in harassment of bakers in Moscow.
Visited a baker who then showed the harassment posts they then got including how his son was a killer (he had no son!).

Felt it's a vicious cycle of watching sm content even if it is outlandish. Basically if it gets caught up in the algorithm it goes viral and that encourages more.

Destiny wolburn talked about live streaming the police conferences and how the newspaper she said she was affiliated to did not know her, so lying to get closer to the action. Talked about the backlash she received including death threats.

Finally mention goncalves family. Then it moves to bk arrest press conference and how not a single sleuther had named him before his arrest. How it will then lead to peace.... And then it got worse and sends sm sleuthers into overdrive and question the investigation. Brent now mentioned and how the sleuths try to link them including JLR.

Z talks to Darren dunkin (Brent's best friend) about how they need to stop talking about him and how his legacy is tarnished. Z then questions JLRs motivation (JLR had a criminal record and now wants redemption) and no such thing as innocent until proven guilty so your guilty until you prove otherwise.

Back to destiny(outside 1122 king) who said she knew K&m but then admitted it was a lie but that she connects to them (it's like watching people on TV). And how she's met a community online that helps each other.

Finishes with, I'm not judging but they are exploiting for views but there is a demand so you can't blame them.
Thank you so much. Great Summary. I'm in the US, so I'm not sure how to watch this doc.

It's interesting that Darren Dunkin said that Brent K's name is being tarnished but LE was at that apartment to arrest him but it has never revealed why there was an arrest warrant for Brent K. I would really like to know why LE was going to arrest him.

I can see your point about not judging them but I do agree that there is a demand so we can't blame them.

I think that people are trying to link Brent K to the Idaho 4 case because from 2005 – 2009, Brent 82nd Airborne Division. But Officer Payne was too but like from a different timeframe and I don't know which years.

That is really interesting about John Webb was the one that disclosed the twitch stream from the Grub Truck, mmmm...Funny that Alivia G. claimed that it was the private driver that told her about the twitch stream. This case is so many twist and turns.

That wasn't right what happened with Hoodie's guy and his family, I really think that the reason why that video was released of hoodie guy, K and M walking from The Corner Club to the Grub Truck so that people would get off of hoodie' guy case. imo. Because Steve G said that they knew about the video for awhile now.

I can understand Z wondering about JLR's motivation with following this case...When I saw that photo of JLR and Steve G hugging each other, I was like oh no...This isn't good imo.

Thank you so much. Great Summary. I'm in the US, so I'm not sure how to watch this doc.

It's interesting that Darren Dunkin said that Brent K's name is being tarnished but LE was at that apartment to arrest him but it has never revealed why there was an arrest warrant for Brent K. I would really like to know why LE was going to arrest him.

I can see your point about not judging them but I do agree that there is a demand so we can't blame them.

I think that people are trying to link Brent K to the Idaho 4 case because from 2005 – 2009, Brent 82nd Airborne Division. But Officer Payne was too but like from a different timeframe and I don't know which years.

That is really interesting about John Webb was the one that disclosed the twitch stream from the Grub Truck, mmmm...Funny that Alivia G. claimed that it was the private driver that told her about the twitch stream. This case is so many twist and turns.

That wasn't right what happened with Hoodie's guy and his family, I really think that the reason why that video was released of hoodie guy, K and M walking from The Corner Club to the Grub Truck so that people would get off of hoodie' guy case. imo. Because Steve G said that they knew about the video for awhile now.

I can understand Z wondering about JLR's motivation with following this case...When I saw that photo of JLR and Steve G hugging each other, I was like oh no...This isn't good imo.
Your not going to miss much , for me it was more about how content creators appear to be doing this for the clicks. The interesting parts for me was talking to the baker and how his life was negatively affected by a SM psychic reading that was way off and talking to Darren about how his life was affected, i.e. that SM coverage can be dangerous. The amount of death threats that innocent people are refusing as a result of SM coverage is worrying.

It did show the absolute insanity of creators at times and the relentless nature that they follow.

Z's comment about not judging them at the end was interesting particularly when she showed some nutjobs.

At least it did finish on showing the four victims pictures at the end, which in reality this is what it is all about.

I wonder if she will do a follow up during/after the trial.

For me it wasn't that great a documentary but I guessed it covered the SM side somewhat, even if she wasn't very gritty about the creators behaviour.

I wonder if she will do a follow up during/after the trial.

For me it wasn't that great a documentary but I guessed it covered the SM side somewhat, even if she wasn't very gritty about the creators behaviour.
Agree. I didn't think it was amazing in terms of how interesting I think a documentary should be, but it did its job of showing how crazy social media is in this day and age and how quickly things can get out of hand.

Lawyer you know and his father went over why they think the Idaho Supreme Court denied BK's request for an
Interlocutory appeal , it was very interesting.

Reactions: 1
Screen Shot 2024-03-14 at 8.32.56 PM.png

There are 6 new documents filed in the Idaho 4 case and they all look like from the Defense. It's the 12th supplemental request for discovery and the fourth motion to compel for discovery and it looks like they are asking for a hearing.

Reactions: 4

I was finally able to watch it myself.

I'm glad that I was able to see it because that first press conference ( I finally watch all them of them like late 2023) makes more sense now when the a reporter mentioned the Grub Truck twitch stream video. After all that time of hearing about how Alivia G found the Grub Truck twitch stream, It's good to know that it was John Webb that found it. It was really interesting to learn that he was friends with Ethan and Xana. It had to be really hard for him at first to cover this case. But I believe John Webb more than the G Family. I'm sorry. I understand that they are grieving but I think that they get some thing mixed up sometimes and I also think that their source is the interest like the rest of us. I also heard that his PI was from Tik Tok but I don't know how true that is.

Moscow mayor to appoint Capt. Anthony Dahlinger as next chief of police
The appointment will be held at the next Moscow City Council meeting on April 1 and made effective May 1 after current Chief James Fry's retirement.

https://www.krem.com/article/news/local/idaho/moscow-mayor-appoint-capt-anthony-dahlinger-next-chief-of-police/293-66910dc3-bd88-4d76-9986-d5c0c845aed2#:~:text=to%20appoint%20Capt.-,Anthony%20Dahlinger%20as%20next%20chief%20of%20police,current%20Chief%20James%20Fry's%20retirement.

acfebf44-e573-4419-bffd-be1f820e01cd_1920x1080.jpg

Author: Patrick Henkels
Published: 4:56 PM PDT March 28, 2024
Updated: 4:56 PM PDT March 28, 2024

MOSCOW, Idaho — Moscow Mayor Art Bettge announced that he will appoint Capt. Anthiny Dahlinger as the next chief of police.
The mayor will make the appointment at the next Moscow City Council meeting on April 1 and will be made effective May 1 following Chief James Fry's retirement on April 30.

Dahlinger has been with the Moscow Police Department for more 12 years, with 17 years of experience in law enforcement. During his time with the department, he's served as a patrol officer, patrol corporal, patrol sergeant captain and public information officer. In addition to his service with the police department, Dahlinger is also on the Board of the Latah Recovery Center.

Anthony has demonstrated his skill and commitment to serving our community and I am confident that he is the right choice to lead the Moscow Police Department,” Mayor Bettge said. “Under Chief Fry’s leadership, we have developed exceptional personnel and leadership within the Department and Anthony is an example of that investment. I know Anthony is committed to our community policing philosophy and will ensure that the Department continues to serve the City of Moscow with the professionalism and expertise our community expects and deserves.”

“It has been my honor to serve and protect the citizens of Moscow over the last 12 years, and I am looking forward to the opportunity to continue to build upon the exceptional work of those who came before me to ensure that the Moscow Police Department continues to be a model professional and community-focused law enforcement agency," Dahlinger said.