The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive the grim question (and I don't want to sound like I'm blaming Dylan because there's a whole host of reasons why it took so long to call 911) but how on earth can 4 people be stabbed to death without hearing screams? Would they have died instantly?
I don’t think we know enough to say at the moment but we do know the weapon was a KaBar. Reading about this knife is quite terrifying, it’s used for hunting and by soldiers so not just a bog standard knife from a kitchen.
On Reddit there was a post about how sharp this knife is, how just pressing it to your hand could draw blood.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Am I right in saying that X and E were found in a bathroom and not their bedroom?
I think Xwas found in the bathroom. They took the details out about E but I think he was in the bedroom. I had assumed she possibly had an en-suite ? But not sure

Reactions: 4
Sadly I do think that 12/13 minutes is long enough. It was the middle of the night and they were relaxed in bed and sleepy/drunk. I don’t think they would have had much opportunity to react as I think he was attacking them before they realised what was happening (poor Xana excluded who I think had witnessed Ethan being attacked). The weapon would have caused a lot of damage and I think their deaths would have happened quickly. All he had to do was hit an artery and they would have bled out quickly. He had planned this and went in there knowing what he was going to do.

I think what he meant by means of death being different was that their injuries were different.
There is speculation that Maddie was almost beheaded and that Kaylees wounds were not stabs and more like deep gouges. This could have been because one of them was the primary target and he was mad that the other one was there. Maddie could have been asleep and Kaylee woke which meant that it was more of a struggle. There has also been lots of speculation about Ethan having the worst injuries. As the killer was moving through the house there would have been many factors that changed how he attacked. His emotional state, tiredness, the weapon becoming blunter etc. Sadly we will probably only know what really happened if he confesses and even then only he will know if he is telling the truth as the dead can’t speak 😢
The part about Ethan’s injuries was redacted from the PCA because he was specifically mutilated in some way. Can’t remember the source for that.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I think Xwas found in the bathroom. They took the details out about E but I think he was in the bedroom. I had assumed she possibly had an en-suite ? But not sure
according to the 3D walk through they were both found in the bedroom, X was on the floor and E on the bed

Here is the video I watched on it. He goes through the document

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I just seen on tiktok an interview fox news with Steve goncalves and he said "their means of death don't match" what does he mean? I'll link it below
that's an old interview that was posted on tik tok and I think it was after Thanksgiving too back in 2022.
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 2.05.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 2.04.07 PM.png

the autopsy report said stabbing so I don't really understand what Steve was talking about there.

I wonder whether he stalked another houses or if he decided at an early stage that this was where he was going to target. He was first near there on 21st August for an hour. He must have only just moved to Washington. Did he decide straight away or was he considering others?

Reactions: 7
I wonder whether he stalked another houses or if he decided at an early stage that this was where he was going to target. He was first near there on 21st August for an hour. He must have only just moved to Washington. Did he decide straight away or was he considering others?
I thought this, also, he had to have known those sliding doors were unlocked, how did he know this ? Do you think he tried on other occasions but the house was too busy/ empty/ doors locked ?

I just seen on tiktok an interview fox news with Steve goncalves and he said "their means of death don't match" what does he mean? I'll link it below
Is he suggesting there was someone else involved? The injuries/murder techniques don't match, and 'he didn't have to go up the steps' meaning somebody else did?

The window that he's supposed to have done this in does seem very brief to me also. I know that the actual killings themselves could be swift with a knife, but orientating himself and navigating the house in the dark, whilst (presumably) not wanting to be caught, you'd think would take a bit of time in itself?

Reactions: 5
Is he suggesting there was someone else involved? The injuries/murder techniques don't match, and 'he didn't have to go up the steps' meaning somebody else did?

The window that he's supposed to have done this in does seem very brief to me also. I know that the actual killings themselves could be swift with a knife, but orientating himself and navigating the house in the dark, whilst (presumably) not wanting to be caught, you'd think would take a bit of time in itself?
Good point. did he go in there with someone who knew them and would know the layout of the house? But then that doesn’t explain why Dylan only saw 1 person leaving, unless the other people left out the front door?

Reactions: 3
Good point. did he go in there with someone who knew them and would know the layout of the house? But then that doesn’t explain why Dylan only saw 1 person leaving, unless the other people left out the front door?
And that then explains why someone reportedly saw the front door open in the morning …

Reactions: 6
I class myself as a true crime fanatic I love researching cases etc and usually nothing affects me I’ve heard of the worst cases and I’ve not been affected I used to fall asleep to murder podcasts but this case has genuinely terrified me. I have a ten week old son and I keep thinking what if something like that happens to him I feel so so awful for them families especially their mothers I can’t comprehend it. There is evil everywhere. Rest in peace to those beautiful beautiful souls taken way too soon🤍 I think I’m going to have to stop looking at this case as it’s so disturbing and awful I can’t get them out of my mind they deserved better I only hope Justice is found 💔

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I thought this, also, he had to have known those sliding doors were unlocked, how did he know this ? Do you think he tried on other occasions but the house was too busy/ empty/ doors locked ?
Sliding doors are notoriously easy to break into / jam for access. They are so insecure, it’s possible the doors were locked and he was able to gain access anyway.

Does anyone have any thoughts on why K&M were in Maddie’s single bed, rather than K’s double? I know the dog was in K’s room so maybe they didn’t want to disturb him, but other than that, I’m unsure why they’d sleep / fall asleep in a single bed over a double.

And that then explains why someone reportedly saw the front door open in the morning …
true and nobody saw anyone enter. Only 1 person leaving.

The only thing with that is that X’s room is next to the front door but the stairs to upstairs is next to D’s room. Why wouldn’t who ever killed E and X exit out of the front door?

Reactions: 1

I wonder if he used different techniques to imply there was more than one murderer?

true and nobody saw anyone enter. Only 1 person leaving.

The only thing with that is that X’s room is next to the front door but the stairs to upstairs is next to D’s room. Why wouldn’t who ever killed E and X exit out of the front door?
X’s room was on the middle floor, the front door was on the floor below, K&M were on the floor above

Does anyone have any thoughts on why K&M were in Maddie’s single bed, rather than K’s double? I know the dog was in K’s room so maybe they didn’t want to disturb him, but other than that, I’m unsure why they’d sleep / fall asleep in a single bed over a double.
I thought about this and I wondered if maybe K heard something going on so went into M’s room and then they both got attacked. Or they could have both been sitting on M’s bed chatting / watching TikTok’s etc who knows. Didn’t M also ring her boyfriend Jake 12 times ?

Reactions: 1
I think he's a Ted Bundy copycat. His mother wrote letters in support of Bundy not getting the death penalty. I think that's the entire motive.

Looked around for a house full of sorority girls. Identified 1122 - views of the house showed neon and fairy lights in the bedroom windows, pink cowboy boots, sorority emblems etc. Thought there were 3 residents because there were 3 cars outside (Kaylee didn't live there in recent times, and Dylan didn't have a car according to the tiktoks the girls made - their impression of her was asking for rides to class. Bethany/Maddie/Xana's cars likely would be). The vacant room in the house was likely advertised so he maybe knew all rooms weren't full.

He went in. He killed 4 residents - 3 girls and a boyfriend. He left. He didn't expect there to be 5 girls there, so wouldn't have known to go find Bethany and Dylan.

I think Dylan's gone into shock, was maybe drunk as hell underage, and she's panicked and hidden. It would not surprise me if the first calls were actually from Bethany, who woke up that day and came to find Xana dead on the floor.

Reactions: 11
so the front door was where Bethany was sleeping?
Yep, someone posted a virtual good walk through of the house a few pages back. It’s really interesting and shows all the rooms and who slept where and who was found where

Reactions: 2
I wonder if he used different techniques to imply there was more than one murderer?
I saw something on tik tok so not sure how true this is but
apparently one of them was stabbed 54 times and Ethan had leg had been cut all the way down his hamstrings. Maybe that’s what her Dad was referring too

• Wow
I think Dylan's gone into shock, was maybe drunk as hell underage, and she's panicked and hidden. It would not surprise me if the first calls were actually from Bethany, who woke up that day and came to find Xana dead on the floor.
I think Bethany called 911 too. I think she got up first and found the scene of Xana/Ethan and blood everywhere, and banged on Dylan’s door until she came out of her room and also saw the scene and they ran out of the house. B called 911 hyperventilating, D passed out… a friend or passer by has responded to these 2 girls clearly in an absolute state outside of their home and taken the phone and taken over the call but not knowing what was inside have described an “unconscious person” ie D (or B if it was the other way round) to emergency services. It was always widely reported that it was a roommates phone but not a roommate that spoke with emergency services and we know from K’s dad that one of them was hyperventilating and one passed out. Would explain the call for an unconscious person. Could be way wrong but that’s my 2 cents.

Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.