The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can't comprehend not checking even after reading the previous posts? Until you have been in Dylan's shoes you DO NOT KNOW what you would do.

As for spurious drug allegations, really? And if so, so what? I think you've possibly had quite a sheltered youth so maybe are struggling to grasp what living in a party house is like?
Yeah I think the fear mostly stemmed back from being at uni and living in a house with 8 other students in a rough part of Manchester and half of them would forget to lock the door or would bring strangers back from the clubs for “afters” now I need to realise I’m in a secure house with neighbours either side of me
Absolutely 100% get you. I've lived in party houses and there are all sorts of randomers coming and going. Awful though it is, it does make for an easier target than a secure house that's mostly quiet and peaceful. Hope you're ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m still trying to make sense of it all so I apologise if I have come across the wrong way
either way it’s extremely sad the poor families must be heartbroken .
You're not the only one, I just started paying attention to this case right before thanksgiving and I'm still having trouble with keeping up with everything that has came out about it.

Reactions: 4
What I don’t understand is was he covered in bloody or not? And if he wasn’t carrying the knife where was it without the sheath?

Reactions: 2
What I don’t understand is was he covered in bloody or not? And if he wasn’t carrying the knife where was it without the sheath?
It might not have been obvious if he was covered in blood. If he was wearing black clothing and it was dark / no lights on then you wouldn’t necessarily see blood I guess

Reactions: 8
I’m not 100% sure on this tbh - hopefully someone else can answer. It’ll come out eventually, trial or no trial these things always do. I think he fully intends to go to trial from what his DA was saying when he was arrested because he wants to prove his innocence 😬
I think some details would come out but not anywhere near as much as if there was a trial.

There is currently a fire in Moscow near the law offices. Some reports saying it’s the Moscow law offices on fire others are saying it’s residential.

Anyone seen anything actually confirming?
there is a fire, I'm not sure where.
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.24.49 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-01-07 at 12.24.36 PM.png

There is currently a fire in Moscow near the law offices. Some reports saying it’s the Moscow law offices on fire others are saying it’s residential.

Anyone seen anything actually confirming?
it's residential

MOSCOW, ID – Moscow Fire Department crews responded to a structure fire in the 200 block of 2nd Street in Moscow this afternoon at about 4:30 p.m. Mutual aid from the Pullman Fire Department, Potlatch Fire Department, and Genesee Fire Department also responded, along with the Moscow Police Department.

“First arriving emergency personnel reported heavy fire and smoke conditions in the rear of a 2 story residential converted to commercial office building and was threatening two other structures. Fire Department personnel began fire suppression efforts upon arrival,” a press release states.

The main fire area was confined to the 1st floor rear addition area and kitchen and also the 2nd floor rear of the building in an apartment area.

“The floor in this area was partially collapsed as well as the roof in the same general area,” officials say.

Once the fire department extinguished the fire, the Moscow Fire Department Fire Marshal initiated an investigation into the origin and cause of the fire.

“At this time the fire is still under investigation, however the fire does not seem to be suspicious in nature at this time. Further investigation will continue,” the press release says.

No injuries were reported. No one was in the building at the time of the fire.

The fire department remained on scene for over five hours.

Photos/Video courtesy of Sharon Fitch.

FireMoscow010623-225x300.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
I understand that but no party was happening only five people in the house
nine hours is a long time to not call for help . It will divide peoples opinions and it already has ive seen so many question why on earth it took her nine hours to get help .

I just think a lot doesn’t make sense . Especially her not calling for help for nine hours .
he killed more than one person I’m sure she would have heard screams .
All of the victims had been out partying that night and the house was allegedly known as a party house.
the affidavit/PCA discusses the noises she heard and doesn’t mention a scream. The audio from next door picks up the noises of the dog and a something muffled but not a scream. It also only took 20 minutes to murder them all. If she had heard screams, they would have been included in the affidavit which was sent to the judge to secure the arrest. As far as we the public are aware, no one screamed.

She didn’t call for help for 9 hours because likelihood is, she didn’t think there was anything that needed helping? Not once in that document it states that she thought anything strange was going on besides when she said she froze with shock at a guy coming around the corner. She probably went to sleep after 4am and the phonecall was made 9 hours later when she woke up or the other housemate did. It’s really not that weird when you think about it. Also we don’t know the entirety of her witness statement or the other roommates. The police would only have put enough in that document to get a warrant to arrest him.

Reactions: 21
Mindblown as to how many people on (mainly) TikTok are focusing on how no one called 911 until nearly midday. It’s not like D & B would’ve been up from 6am to begin their day - they didn’t go to sleep til around 4am (as students do after a night out) so getting up around 11/12 is totally normal. People are acting like they were up and living in the crime scene for hours before making a decision to call police!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I just seen on tiktok an interview fox news with Steve goncalves and he said "their means of death don't match" what does he mean? I'll link it below

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I just seen on tiktok an interview fox news with Steve goncalves and he said "their means of death don't match" what does he mean? I'll link it below
I saw something that said it means that the way they were killed was different for each person

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I’ve been thinking about the time frame. We know he was seen driving to the end of the road at 4:04 and doing a three point turn and returning towards the house, and then his car is picked up again at 4:20 driving away from the house at high speed. Let’s say it takes a minute to get parked and get into the house and 1/2 minutes to get out the house, into his car and to the point his car was picked up on cctv at 4:20 surely that means he committed the actual murders in roughly 12/13 minutes. Is that enough time to kill four people whilst (I assume) also struggling with them? That seems like he would have had to really rush those murders and just stab at what he could. He was bound to have left so much dna all over that crime scene surely?

Reactions: 14
What does he mean by this? I swear this case gets scarier and scarier. I need to stop reading about it.

Bethany must be thanking her lucky stars she was downstairs on the ground floor and alone.

Reactions: 10
Sadly I do think that 12/13 minutes is long enough. It was the middle of the night and they were relaxed in bed and sleepy/drunk. I don’t think they would have had much opportunity to react as I think he was attacking them before they realised what was happening (poor Xana excluded who I think had witnessed Ethan being attacked). The weapon would have caused a lot of damage and I think their deaths would have happened quickly. All he had to do was hit an artery and they would have bled out quickly. He had planned this and went in there knowing what he was going to do.

I think what he meant by means of death being different was that their injuries were different.
There is speculation that Maddie was almost beheaded and that Kaylees wounds were not stabs and more like deep gouges. This could have been because one of them was the primary target and he was mad that the other one was there. Maddie could have been asleep and Kaylee woke which meant that it was more of a struggle. There has also been lots of speculation about Ethan having the worst injuries. As the killer was moving through the house there would have been many factors that changed how he attacked. His emotional state, tiredness, the weapon becoming blunter etc. Sadly we will probably only know what really happened if he confesses and even then only he will know if he is telling the truth as the dead can’t speak 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Since the PCA was released, and a brief outline of D's account was reported it's made me think a lot about a situation I was in several years ago, at work. At the time I was working part time in mini convenience type store, owned by a well known company (begins with "Co"). I was a supervisor on some shifts, but on this one I was working with a different supervisor and a colleague who was a general shop worker.

It was near closing, around 9.30pm, (we closed at ten) and I was tidying up some shelves facing the till, where my colleague was behind the till sorting out paperwork. My back was to the till, and I was bent down sorting some lower shelves when I heard my collegue (I'll call him G)say my name, in an odd tone of voice. When I stood up I was race to face with a male, wearing a scarf covering his face, a hat, all dressed in black. He grabbed my shoulder and upon focusing I realised he was holding a large machete. He told me to open the till, and my immediate reaction was anger, in my head I was thinking how dare he come into our store and do this (we were a tight knit team and had worked there for years) so I said no, I can't, he repeated "open the till" in a more agitated tone of voice and once again I said no, we didn't have the keys, you're not getting any money, I was livid. He saw G move to hit the panic button and said if you do that she's dead.

He then said "I'm going to count to three, and if you don't open the till I'm going to kill you". I looked at my colleague, he began counting, "one..." I'm my head I was thinking what the duck do I do, "two..." There was a customer around 10 feet from us who had frozen in shock and dropped her basket, so I broke free from his grip, shouted to G to open the till, and grabbed the customer and ran through the back into the office and screamed for my other college who was down in the warehouse, I then locked the door and hit the panic button.

I called 999 and watched on the CCTV him taking the money from the till, cigarettes and bottles of alcohol. I tried to calm down the customer, who was in absolute shock and, made sure my other colleague got into the office safely, and then made sure G was safe. I don't remember much after that, obviously the police arriving, and the manager and assistant manager.

Scary thing was the guys brother lived around the corner from me, I found out afterwards. And he would come into the store after this and stare at me over the counter. He was a scary looking guy too.

I kept an eye on the court case, apparently he had been in jail 18 years out of the prior 20. He had only been out three weeks when he robbed us and an off licence on the same night, just before us. He was give five years, and had to complete the rest of the sentence he was out on parol for, another four years. So 9 I'm total. The judge said there was a good chance he would never be released from prison as he was a danger to the public and had indicated re wanted to kill someone. He had previous for armed robber, assaults, stabbings. He was put on a lifetime supervision order.

Looking back I realise I was so incredibly stupid to argue with him, I know we were always told if someone robbed us just to give them what they wanted. But I don't know what made me argue with him, it wasn't my money, but I was so angry that he would do that to OUR store, and frighten my colleague, and the customer.

I know now he could have quite easily killed me. I just wanted to share my experience as I til you are in a Life threatening situation you never know how you will react. I reacted in the worst way possible. I was worried he was going to go behind the counter and hurt D.

Sorry for the long post but this has been on my mind, and I'm appalled at the comments (not on here) towards that poor girl who came face to face with a psychopath.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
From that interview he is indicating that the police are not saying what else they know. Possibly two killers etc...one still at large. Also i still believe their were different levels of violence...a stabbing vs a worse way...I dont know how to do a spoiler cover button thing..
It wont be ling before he says more...poor guy.

Reactions: 7
Since the PCA was released, and a brief outline of D's account was reported it's made me think a lot about a situation I was in several years ago, at work. At the time I was working part time in mini convenience type store, owned by a well known company (begins with "Co"). I was a supervisor on some shifts, but on this one I was working with a different supervisor and a colleague who was a general shop worker.

It was near closing, around 9.30pm, (we closed at ten) and I was tidying up some shelves facing the till, where my colleague was behind the till sorting out paperwork. My back was to the till, and I was bent down sorting some lower shelves when I heard my collegue (I'll call him G)say my name, in an odd tone of voice. When I stood up I was race to face with a male, wearing a scarf covering his face, a hat, all dressed in black. He grabbed my shoulder and upon focusing I realised he was holding a large machete. He told me to open the till, and my immediate reaction was anger, in my head I was thinking how dare he come into our store and do this (we were a tight knit team and had worked there for years) so I said no, I can't, he repeated "open the till" in a more agitated tone of voice and once again I said no, we didn't have the keys, you're not getting any money, I was livid. He saw G move to hit the panic button and said if you do that she's dead.

He then said "I'm going to count to three, and if you don't open the till I'm going to kill you". I looked at my colleague, he began counting, "one..." I'm my head I was thinking what the duck do I do, "two..." There was a customer around 10 feet from us who had frozen in shock and dropped her basket, so I broke free from his grip, shouted to G to open the till, and grabbed the customer and ran through the back into the office and screamed for my other college who was down in the warehouse, I then locked the door and hit the panic button.

I called 999 and watched on the CCTV him taking the money from the till, cigarettes and bottles of alcohol. I tried to calm down the customer, who was in absolute shock and, made sure my other colleague got into the office safely, and then made sure G was safe. I don't remember much after that, obviously the police arriving, and the manager and assistant manager.

Scary thing was the guys brother lived around the corner from me, I found out afterwards. And he would come into the store after this and stare at me over the counter. He was a scary looking guy too.

I kept an eye on the court case, apparently he had been in jail 18 years out of the prior 20. He had only been out three weeks when he robbed us and an off licence on the same night, just before us. He was give five years, and had to complete the rest of the sentence he was out on parol for, another four years. So 9 I'm total. The judge said there was a good chance he would never be released from prison as he was a danger to the public and had indicated re wanted to kill someone. He had previous for armed robber, assaults, stabbings. He was put on a lifetime supervision order.

Looking back I realise I was so incredibly stupid to argue with him, I know we were always told if someone robbed us just to give them what they wanted. But I don't know what made me argue with him, it wasn't my money, but I was so angry that he would do that to OUR store, and frighten my colleague, and the customer.

I know now he could have quite easily killed me. I just wanted to share my experience as I til you are in a Life threatening situation you never know how you will react. I reacted in the worst way possible. I was worried he was going to go behind the counter and hurt D.

Sorry for the long post but this has been on my mind, and I'm appalled at the comments (not on here) towards that poor girl who came face to face with a psychopath.
I’m so sorry you had that experience. We all think that we would respond to something like this in a certain way but the reality is we don’t know how we will respond. The adrenaline kicks in and we go into fight, flight, freeze or fawn. It’s our autonomic nervous system in control at this stage not our conscious mind.
69957FDD-B7B7-4958-AFFB-9F0830B21476.png

Reactions: 12
what does he mean "he doesnt have to go up the steps", the stairs up to the top bedroom? im so confused.
i get that he's hurting but theres a reason police / LE release what they release. feels like he needs more or better support from LE.

Reactions: 10
Forgive the grim question (and I don't want to sound like I'm blaming Dylan because there's a whole host of reasons why it took so long to call 911) but how on earth can 4 people be stabbed to death without hearing screams? Would they have died instantly?

i think “he doesn’t have to go up the steps” is implying that the intended target was downstairs. ETA: I also assume he’s saying Kaylee who was upstairs was not the intended target although i believe she was the one with the stalker

Forgive the grim question (and I don't want to sound like I'm blaming Dylan because there's a whole host of reasons why it took so long to call 911) but how on earth can 4 people be stabbed to death without hearing screams? Would they have died instantly?
He did the whole thing in 20 minutes apparently so I assume it was quick. The only one reported with defensive wounds was xana who from the hypothesis of the video I watched on it (grain of salt), she was last.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.