The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s horrible trying to get the balance between being aware and being paranoid. I dated a police officer once and they said to me ‘If we are ever out anywhere and I tell you to leave don’t question just go, it will be because I have noticed something potentially dangerous that I need to deal with’ I laughed and said ‘I will have noticed it before you, you were trained when you joined the force I was trained in utero’
I had my first decent nights sleep in ages the night they arrested him. I was exhausted and I thought that the chief seemed relaxed in his press conference so I thought they were going to get him.
I have also dated a police officer and am related to one - I think that’s where my ‘crime’ anxiety stems from as I always heard the horror stories or they were over the top vigilant which made me paranoid 🫠🫠
My OH now is so laid back, it’s a constant battle to get him to see why I want to do certain things around the house to make sure we’re safe

Reactions: 8
Same. I live with my partner but I make sure the house is secure at all times, especially when home alone. TBH, I need to step away from this case. Reading about it all gave me an awful anxiety attack a few weeks ago and again last night, I was convinced someone was going to break in to my house 😣😆

I feel this! I live on my own with my child and I tend to read this thread in the evening when they are in bed…which freaks me out even more as it’s the last thing I read before I go to sleep 😖

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
Also what were the degrees the victims were studying? Could they of crossed paths with BK via their studies?
Ethan was studying recreation, sport and tourism management, Maddie and Xana were majoring in marketing and Kaylee general studies. I can’t see they would have crossed paths with him academically. He is more likely to have seen them out and about in Moscow. Xana and Maddie worked at a restaurant that serves vegan food. It could have been something as simple as one of them serving him that triggered all this.

Reactions: 9
I’m so baffled too. Did he do it thinking he was genuinely being clever and would get away with it and has actually ended up being sloppy and got caught or did he not give a duck about being caught, was sloppy on purpose and wanted the limelight of being caught and going to trial.
Surely you’d not drive around in the exact car that was a car of interested ? He surely knew his car would be all over cctv? His phone records ? He must have known all of this he was a criminology student ? Or does he think he was being clever by carrying on as normal
I think he just didn't fit into life at all, rejected by his peers and an outcast. I reckon he is bitter and angry. And I think he had this streak in him where he knew he wasn't normal, I reckon he had violent fantasies and I reckon his mind took him to some weird places and so hence the need to understand these urges he felt and had. I reckon he became so obsessed with serial killers, and I think he became obsessed with murder and his target too. I bet it was a culmination of it all and he decided to become ' a someone' by killing them. For the experience, for the notoriety, for the attention. Part of me thinks he wasn't too phased about getting caught and almost wanted to, I think this has been his one big moment and I'm sure after the trial he will talk alot about it.

Reactions: 11
(I don’t feel sorry for him at all) but just why do this? He’s obviously a bright guy (studying a phd wow!) and clearly had a great future ahead of him and now what? He’s thrown that all away to play out a sick fantasy and spend the rest of his life in prison/on death row. Ruined so many people’s lives including his own.

Reactions: 7
imagining him creeping around that house in the dark is just chilling 😐

After seeing that virtual tour, and how in the middle Dylan’s room was inbetween the girls upstairs and xana room. She’s very lucky indeed . She was so close to it all.

Reactions: 19
I feel this! I live on my own with my child and I tend to read this thread in the evening when they are in bed…which freaks me out even more as it’s the last thing I read before I go to sleep 😖
I’m the same, I’m not sure why this case has put me on edge so much but it’s really made me anxious around the house at night, triple checking things

Reactions: 8
Looking at that virtual tour I kept thinking how small the bedrooms were. They had no chance of escape 😔

Reactions: 4
I’m the same, I’m not sure why this case has put me on edge so much but it’s really made me anxious around the house at night, triple checking things
No same. My partner is on night shifts and I’m all alone from 6-10 the next day so I’m constantly checking my front and back doors are locked windows are shut etc. it’s not doing well combined with ocd. Every little creek terrifies me I can’t imagine the suffering they went through 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Same. I live with my partner but I make sure the house is secure at all times, especially when home alone. TBH, I need to step away from this case. Reading about it all gave me an awful anxiety attack a few weeks ago and again last night, I was convinced someone was going to break in to my house 😣😆
🤗 Take care of yourself!

I can't read about it at home. Work, fine. Out and about, sure. At home? Nooope. And I live in the top apartment of a Polish flat with my (former police/SWAT officer) brother in the apartment downstairs and retired military mam in the one upstairs! Between them, regular vigilance, and a good security system, we've never had trouble (in a neighborhood that is aptly described as "rough"). Doesn't matter, can't read true crime or current crime news there without sending myself into massive anxiety attacks.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
🤗 Take care of yourself!

I can't read about it at home. Work, fine. Out and about, sure. At home? Nooope. And I live in the top apartment of a Polish flat with my (former police/SWAT officer) brother in the apartment downstairs and retired military mam in the one upstairs! Between them, regular vigilance, and a good security system, we've never had trouble (in a neighborhood that is aptly described as "rough"). Doesn't matter, can't read true crime or current crime news there without sending myself into massive anxiety attacks.

I only have two entrances into my home and have cameras there and a ring doorbell. But I feel like the ring door freaks me out even more? I have the notifications for a motion and find myself constantly /obsessing over watching it.

I only have two entrances into my home and have cameras there and a ring doorbell. But I feel like the ring door freaks me out even more? I have the notifications for a motion and find myself constantly /obsessing over watching it.
NGL, the ring cameras with motion notification aren't my cup of tea because my mam's abusive ex would keep track of her whereabouts using it and while I can see a lot of good uses for it (especially if you have kids or people with dementia or cognitive impairment in the household or get frequent porch pirates/vandals), we opt out.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I can’t believe how harsh the media is being to Dylan! I really can understand why she didn’t call the police, bit of a weird story but when I was younger I was living in Shepherds Bush and I was woken up at around 3am by a commotion outside my flat window. When I peered out the curtain I saw a group of people crowded around and heard one of them saying something like ‘you’ve done it, we have to move the body’. I was really scared, confused and dazed and to be honest I fell back asleep and when I woke up I genuinely believed I’d imagined the whole thing. I’ve always had really vivid dreams and where my flat was located was really noisy (one side overlooked the green and the other the back of Westfield where the incident took place). It wasn’t till about 3 weeks later that i found out something had actually happened.

I can 100% imagine that in a party house, where there a lots of people coming and going and you are used a lot of noise (and probably drunk) you would feel frozen and scared, convince yourself it was nothing and go back to sleep. No one would ever expect four murders to have just taken place, it’s easy to criticise when you have the benefit of hindsight. Feel so bad for her!
BIB - this is what I suspect happened with Dylan. The brain tends to rationalise things that are completely out of place, like a masked man being in your house in the middle of the night. It was probably just a bad dream!

Reactions: 10
I don’t think he seen Dylan going by all the theories flying around at the moment maybe he only intended to kill 4 or was to exhausted to kill another and so on fair do, let’s say he seen her assuming she had rang police made a quick exit wonder what his thoughts where when hours later it’s all quite? No police presence or media coverage which then means when he went back to the house after 9am he potentially knew Dylan was there alive and hadn’t called police, it’s also scary to think he went back and obviously 2 people where still alive inside even if he just pulled up outside that is creepy.

I would of expected someone on a rampage killing spree to check every room of a shared house but then i obviously don’t have the same thought process of that sicko so who knows what was going through his mind

Reactions: 4
I must say, I work until late and have to walk home as I don’t have a car, I found myself very jumpy tonight. I can be sometimes but since reading about this, even more so.

Anyway, I’m sure more evidence must have been found because they wouldn’t provide all evidence in the warrant. It’s quite terrifying how much damage one guy can do with one knife.

I know he is innocent until proven guilty right now but his movements are creepy.

I do hope that people leave the surviving housemates alone. We have no idea what they experienced that night and have no right to judge their reactions to what will traumatise them for the rest of their lives. They are so young and have to carry this and survivor’s guilt forever.

• Heart
After seeing that virtual tour, and how in the middle Dylan’s room was inbetween the girls upstairs and xana room. She’s very lucky indeed . She was so close to it all.
She really was lucky and also close. I have to wonder if she hid / hunkered down in the closet space in her room. It’s a double wardrobe so she could fit (I think) and maybe just locked herself in there until someone came to get her / she was able to get help?

I really hope she’s ok. What an awful thing to experience.

Reactions: 10
I think doing that virtual walkthrough of the house is creepy enough to stop people wondering why Dylan didn’t investigate/leave her room/phone the police. How vulnerable and terrified she must have felt, if she realised something strange was going on. She was RIGHT in the middle of it all - one movement, one sound and she could’ve been killed. I felt so vulnerable ‘walking’ through the house (albeit knowing what has happened and where) and that was a virtual tour for goodness sake!

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.