The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I grew up in a household with a lot of trauma and violence, as a result I am hyper vigilant and tend to notice minor things. I live alone and if I hear a noise in the night I don’t get up. I lie there as still as possible listening so I can process what is happening and work out if I need to take action. If I was in a house like that where people regularly came and went I would probably convince myself that it was nothing but lock my door trying to dispel my fear. The utter silence in the house afterward must have been deafening. I’m sure she tried to convince herself it was just because everyone else was asleep.
Honestly I'm sure I would do the same thing she did and be absolutely terrified as would most people - it's easy to say why not do ____ but i'm sure none of those people have been in that position. Dylan didn't know they were dead, it could've been any number of things. Also, I don't like speculation like this and if this is true it's crappy it's been shared but i've seen a few posts saying Dylan had already been suffering from PTSD so this would indicate the supposed 'not doing anything' or not trusting instincts to call someone. I really hope D & B are with good people right now and recieving help and support

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I can’t get xana out of my head. I know it’s tragic for all four of them but there’s something so so hideous knowing she was up and totally awake. When I read the PCA it noted how her body could be seen from the corridor on the floor :( it’s just heartbreaking. All I pray is that Ethan was at least near her and might have been able to speak to her in the final moments. It’s awful to process
I hope upon hope that it was Ethan saying to Xana “it’s ok I’m going to help you” and he was trying to reassure and comfort her in those last moments. Again, like you, can’t stop imagining her sitting eating her food watching TikTok’s and being faced with that bastard so out of the blue

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I get the impression that Ethan was potentially asleep but it sounds like poor Xana had to see him face on and was fully aware of what was happening 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I don’t get why everyone is assuming Dylan knew what exactly was going on. With hindsight knowing all the facts it seems strange she didn’t call the cops (we don’t know the full story yet either some of it was redacted) but she might have just thought it was a random man and was relieved when he left or just hid in her room 🤷‍♀️ from being in a student house there are lots of strange comings and goings and noises that you just ignore as your so used to it and think I’m staying out of this one. It wasn’t unusual to find someone you didn’t know in your house as shocking as that sounds now or hear someone crying/arguing in the night usually as they were drunk. I’m sure more will come out at trial but no one knows how they would have reacted in that situation

Reactions: 18
I totally get this, I am hyper vigilant too and the slightest noise has me wide awake.

We had CCTV installed thinking it would reassure me but instead spend ages checking it during the night instead.

I have tinnitus now so don't trust what I am hearing a lot of the time as have a constant ringing in my ears anyway.
I live happily on my own and am seen as someone who doesn’t scare easily but I’m always on alert. I lock my back door even when the dog is going out for a wee. I’m so worried that if I’m not in the habit of always doing it I’ll forget and someone will be able to get in. I’m such a ridiculously light sleeper that I once dated someone for a year and they only actually saw me asleep once when I was sick!

This case has definitely effected my sleep. I keep thinking about them and how they were relaxed and happy somewhere they should have been safe. Ethan had only turned 20 a few weeks earlier. They were just babies. Those poor girls have had such a massive life changing trauma at such a young age. How do you get over that?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I live happily on my own and am seen as someone who doesn’t scare easily but I’m always on alert. I lock my back door even when the dog is going out for a wee. I’m so worried that if I’m not in the habit of always doing it I’ll forget and someone will be able to get in. I’m such a ridiculously light sleeper that I once dated someone for a year and they only actually saw me asleep once when I was sick!

This case has definitely effected my sleep. I keep thinking about them and how they were relaxed and happy somewhere they should have been safe. Ethan had only turned 20 a few weeks earlier. They were just babies. Those poor girls have had such a massive life changing trauma at such a young age. How do you get over that?
Same. I live with my partner but I make sure the house is secure at all times, especially when home alone. TBH, I need to step away from this case. Reading about it all gave me an awful anxiety attack a few weeks ago and again last night, I was convinced someone was going to break in to my house 😣😆

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Same. I live with my partner but I make sure the house is secure at all times, especially when home alone. TBH, I need to step away from this case. Reading about it all gave me an awful anxiety attack a few weeks ago and again last night, I was convinced someone was going to break in to my house 😣😆
They reviewed the crime scene so need it all in there? X

Reactions: 1
Why didn’t they take this stuff earlier? Is it normal to wait this long? Like they’d basically already ordered a clean up for the scene which was then halted.

Their safe space, where they felt secure. It's horrendous. I hope they've got the culprit. Doesn't change the outcome.

• Sad
Why didn’t they take this stuff earlier? Is it normal to wait this long? Like they’d basically already ordered a clean up for the scene which was then halted.
Think his defence team asked for the scen to be preserved that is why they stopped cleaning. I thought there was still a halt on the crime scene to be honest so surprised they are moving things out.

Reactions: 4
The defense ordered the halt on the clean up, I presume the reason they are now taking things out is either for them to take back to a crime lab or they are done with those certain items. I'm unsure why they are removing things today because the court order to keep it as a crime scene was only released today too and said it could be kept as a sealed crime scene until early Feb.

Reactions: 3
I can’t get xana out of my head. I know it’s tragic for all four of them but there’s something so so hideous knowing she was up and totally awake. When I read the PCA it noted how her body could be seen from the corridor on the floor :( it’s just heartbreaking. All I pray is that Ethan was at least near her and might have been able to speak to her in the final moments. It’s awful to process
I'm the same, I can't help but think that the whimpering was xana in her final moments.😔😔😔😔 It's your worst nightmare and all for what? What exactly has he gained from it? I just can't comprehend it. So senseless and evil.

• Sad
Reactions: 10

I sleep better when my husband and daughter are home but when she is out I don't sleep a wink as can't settle until she is home safe.

When hubby goes away over night my sleep is interrupted as I am up and down all night checking doors, and checking oven is off or that windows are closed and listening for noises but I do sleep just very broken.

Once you have that fear it is hard to shake it off. We moved home because I didn't feel safe in the house we were in anymore. The house I am in now is in an area that is not as nice as I was before but its a busier street and always someone about so that makes me feel better as not so secluded. Someone would notice of anyone was breaking in as everyone here is so nosey 🤣

• Heart
Just been catching up on the two threads. I think Dylan seen him, then txted the group chat but no1 replied until Bethany woke up around midday. Dylan might have been freaked out so didn’t want to leave the room until someone responded?

Also what were the degrees the victims were studying? Could they of crossed paths with BK via their studies?

Reactions: 1
I'm the same, I can't help but think that the whimpering was xana in her final moments.😔😔😔😔 It's your worst nightmare and all for what? What exactly has he gained from it? I just can't comprehend it. So senseless and evil.
I’m so baffled too. Did he do it thinking he was genuinely being clever and would get away with it and has actually ended up being sloppy and got caught or did he not give a duck about being caught, was sloppy on purpose and wanted the limelight of being caught and going to trial.
Surely you’d not drive around in the exact car that was a car of interested ? He surely knew his car would be all over cctv? His phone records ? He must have known all of this he was a criminology student ? Or does he think he was being clever by carrying on as normal

It’s horrible trying to get the balance between being aware and being paranoid. I dated a police officer once and they said to me ‘If we are ever out anywhere and I tell you to leave don’t question just go, it will be because I have noticed something potentially dangerous that I need to deal with’ I laughed and said ‘I will have noticed it before you, you were trained when you joined the force I was trained in utero’
I had my first decent nights sleep in ages the night they arrested him. I was exhausted and I thought that the chief seemed relaxed in his press conference so I thought they were going to get him.

If Dylan does have PTSD then her hyper vigilance may be the reason she is alive. She knew something was going on in the house and was assessing it but he seemingly wasn’t aware of her. I hate how I keep seeing loads of photos of her everywhere. She is a victim of this terrible crime too and is going to have to stand up in court and face him. Nobody should be questioning what she did. He is the (alleged) murderer, she is a witness who could be the key to getting justice for her friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so baffled too. Did he do it thinking he was genuinely being clever and would get away with it and has actually ended up being sloppy and got caught or did he not give a duck about being caught, was sloppy on purpose and wanted the limelight of being caught and going to trial.
Surely you’d not drive around in the exact car that was a car of interested ? He surely knew his car would be all over cctv? His phone records ? He must have known all of this he was a criminology student ? Or does he think he was being clever by carrying on as normal
It's trying to find reason in insanity. It's not rational. It can't be reasnoned. It's beyond a 'normal' thought. So terrifying for them

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.