Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Boogs

VIP Member
I found this tough to listen to but sadly I think this makes sense.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 18

countrybumpkin92

Ive seen people saying how creepy looking he is, and how evil you can tell he is from his eyes, but I think he’s quite normal looking which makes it even scarier
6A5D2EAF-D9EC-42C8-8E48-128AC0E80FB8.jpeg

• Wow

What's your point

VIP Member
Exactly this. We either freeze, fight or we flight. Its instilled in us from our ancestors thousands of years ago. Do we run from danger? Or do we walk towards it? Do we fight or avoid it? Or do we curl up in a ball and play dead? When we were cave men it's what we would decide depending on the predato. I really think Dylan went into her room and hid. Time wouldn't have been measured in seconds/ minutes to her. She was concentrating on survival, she probably exhausted herself and fell asleep maybe? I reckon she was in a complete state of shock and was only disturbed when bethany came in looking for them all.
It is so hard to know how you would deal with it, 2 men broke into my house whilst myself and my son were in bed. They opened my bedroom door and I was half awake and shouted and jumped straight up out of bed as there was no way I was going to be laid defenceless and silent in my bed.

Luckily they legged it and nothing more sinister happened.

Part of the reason I think I reacted like that was because I had a child in the next bedroom and my instinct was to protect him, had I been alone then maybe reaction would have been different.

CID came out the next day and said I did the right thing making a noise as if it is a burglar or intruder that means you no physical harm the chances are noise will scare them off. If someone wants to hurt you physically they are going to do it whether your quiet or not so you may as well make as much noise and get up.

I'm not saying this is what DM should have done at all, no way in fact i am so glad she stayed safetly in her room! I'm just pointing out how reactions can vary based on circumstances and I am pretty sure had my son not been in the house I would have done something different.

• Heart
  • Sad

jawidjanqndn

VIP Member
I really hope Dylan gets the support she needs after this case, she has experienced something no one should ever have to experience. She must be feeling so traumatised and alone, I hope the court goes easy on her when questioning her about the night. However if it’s anything like the uk court I doubt they will 😢 so traumatic for her.

• Heart
  • Sad

clapacake

If your student house is a bit of a party house, then people crying or shouting out in the middle of the night is really not that unusual. Especially if they’ve been out drinking.

Dorothy-redshoes

VIP Member
I think there's two possible reasons why he went back.
1. To retrieve the sheath
2. To see if police, ambulance and press had turned up yet

yayoi

What’s incel?
Involuntary Celibate. Perhaps not a hole you want to go down as it can get pretty grim but essentially it is men who do not have any romantic or sexual prospects and hate women because of it. Pretty nasty corners of the internet

• Sick
  • Sad
Dylan clearly had nothing to do with the murders, and clearly has done nothing wrong. She would’ve been arrested weeks ago if there was any doubt at all about that

TapToBoreMeRigid

VIP Member
Criminology is nothing to do with forensics so it doesn't surprise me that he was "sloppy". If guilty, I'm very glad he was sloppy.

Reactions: 17

hmmm_no

VIP Member
Sorry if this has been asked already as I haven’t scrolled through the thread. I’m really curious as to why housemate identified as D.M heard noises in the house at the time of the murder and at 417am she saw Bryan in the house and he walked past her and out the sliding door she then went and locked herself in her room. She could hear crying from maddies room. Why wouldn’t she call police & why were police not called until mid day, im so confused
Honestly, we don't know. We've been discussing it but no idea and probably won't know unless/until it comes out in trial or some other statement. Various theories are that she didn't recognize the seriousness of the situation at the time, wasn't fully sober/aware enough to comprehend what was going on, maybe had taken medication, maybe was paralyzed out of fear. She hasn't spoken publicly, understandably since so many people were naming her as a suspect and being terrible. I'm sure that no matter the reason she didn't call at the time, she feels horrible now and will have to learn how to live with what happened for the rest of her life. She didn't do anything wrong but I imagine she feels a lot of guilt.

Lovelula

VIP Member
Anyone watch the body cam of the police stop??

I watch a lot of police body cam videos of traffic stops...they were definitely checking him out.Never even issued a ticket but keen to figure out where they were travelling from and where they were headed...he looked terrified and the dad seemed to speak on his behalf.

Boogs

VIP Member
I hope more evidence comes out that clears Dylan's name and her reasoning for not alerting 911 as soon as possible. I know she's incredibly fortunate to be alive but she's probably dealing with a lot of survivor's guilt plus everyone online blaming her.
So much blame was thrown out at people who were scared and grieving. Kaylees boyfriend must be kicking himself that he didn’t answer the phone thinking maybe things would have been different and he had the finger pointed at him. I even saw people pointing the finger at Kaylees Dad because of his attitude. If my daughter had been murdered I might have a bit of an attitude too 😡

Maddie was like a member of their family. She went on family holidays, was a bridesmaid at the older sisters wedding etc. The Goncalves have lost 2 daughters.

BDY_97

VIP Member
I keep forgetting that those poor girls were the ones to discover the bodies the next day, every time I think about it I feel sick to my stomach. Part of me hopes that they only saw the scene on the main floor and didn’t go upstairs to discover Maddie & Kaylee, not that it makes it any better or easier of course.

• Sad
Thing is you would never ever assume your friends had been brutally murdered.

You would assume weird man in the hall was
A) friend of Ethan’s
B) brought back by Maddie and Kaylee
C) maybe a burglar

And you might just go to sleep if it was a house where random people are regularly.

Or
She was frozen with fear and hid. Then passed out asleep.

Or
There was an early account where it was said that after he left she ran downstairs and hid all night. Maybe she left her phone upstairs.

• Heart

Katleesi

VIP Member
Sounds like Dylan is very lucky to still be alive tbh - and she’s had so much abuse from people

• Sad

Summernights

VIP Member
It’s so sad how people are still blaming Dylan for not calling the police when she saw him. No wonder she got a lawyer a few weeks back. That poor girl.
I have a daughter and it breaks my heart to think how terrified she might be in that situation. It’s unfair for all those people to speculate and blame her because no one knows how they’d react in that situation at 19/20. She might have been absolutely terrified to leave that room again or even alert anyone to the fact she was in that house so waited until she knew for sure she was safe

gummy-bear

VIP Member
I can’t get xana out of my head. I know it’s tragic for all four of them but there’s something so so hideous knowing she was up and totally awake. When I read the PCA it noted how her body could be seen from the corridor on the floor :( it’s just heartbreaking. All I pray is that Ethan was at least near her and might have been able to speak to her in the final moments. It’s awful to process

• Sad
  • Heart

Naataaliiee

I think doing that virtual walkthrough of the house is creepy enough to stop people wondering why Dylan didn’t investigate/leave her room/phone the police. How vulnerable and terrified she must have felt, if she realised something strange was going on. She was RIGHT in the middle of it all - one movement, one sound and she could’ve been killed. I felt so vulnerable ‘walking’ through the house (albeit knowing what has happened and where) and that was a virtual tour for goodness sake!

yellowmellow

VIP Member
With the door dash. My thought is. If it was a genuine door dash delivery for Xana, if he was watching the house… wouldn’t that put you off? Your victim or people in your victims house are still up and awake, eating. The door dash delivery guy is a potential witness and may have seen you/your car. The delivery may have disturbed others in the house or even the neighbours who may have seen you/your car. And you choose to go in minutes later? That makes me think he HAD to do it that night which makes me think his main target was more likely Kaylee as she was only there that night.

sega1985

That's what I mean. I appreciate people being confused but we probably don't have the entirety of her story. There could be a plausible explanation why she didn't and she could have explained why she didn't in her witness statement to the police which wasn't relevant in the affidavit. As I said, they have only included enough to secure the arrest. She's likely going to have to take the stand anyway and it'll come out later on.

People are taking the timeline and information from it as pure gospel, exactly what happened, case closed. Of course it is true, not everything will be in there.
Yes this, all the speculation on why she didn’t call earlier i so unnecessary and I think quite offensive. We don’t know the details, saying she was high is a bit unfair. Like someone said I think if she was it wouldn’t have even been included in the pc and more information will come out later.