The Moscow/Idaho Murders #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I dont normally engage in the theories but this just popped into my head.
If xana went back into the kitchen (photo of her DD on the kitchen side) then she would have had to go down her small hallway from her room into the living room and then turn right into the kitchen and go to the other side of the kitchen... wouldn't she have put the kitchen light on to see what she was doing?? Or do you think she knew her way in the dark considering it was her home? Would the twinkle lights be enough for her to see her way?
I know LE left all the lights on as they were on the night, was there any pics of the back of the house to show if any of those lights were kept on?

Reactions: 7
If xana went back into the kitchen (photo of her DD on the kitchen side) then she would have had to go down her small hallway from her room into the living room and then turn right into the kitchen and go to the other side of the kitchen... wouldn't she have put the kitchen light on to see what she was doing?? Or do you think she knew her way in the dark considering it was her home? Would the twinkle lights be enough for her to see her way?
I know LE left all the lights on as they were on the night, was there any pics of the back of the house to show if any of those lights were kept on?
I think it’s possible to do it with no lights on if you were just putting something on the side. (Compared to making a drink for example). But there could have been some light coming through from elsewhere anyway, streetlight, moon (I don’t know what the weather was like that night), light from a device in the kitchen lighting up enough to see what you were doing.

Reactions: 5
I had that same thought myself about lights being on. I went searching and all I could find were morbid daily mail pics. I tend to walk around my house at night with the lights off because there is a bit of light from the street and I know the house. Whenever I have guests they all think I’m mad and have the lights on.

Reactions: 6
This is interesting because if she did go to the kitchen, which I hadn’t considered but should have been obvious since that’s where the door dash bag was, then perhaps she noticed the sliding doors were open and she could have been the one that said “someone is here” to Ethan.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
no I don't think so. imo.
I don't think so either

I think it’s possible to do it with no lights on if you were just putting something on the side. (Compared to making a drink for example). But there could have been some light coming through from elsewhere anyway, streetlight, moon (I don’t know what the weather was like that night), light from a device in the kitchen lighting up enough to see what you were doing.
So if you check out the amazing video of The Interview Room titled 'he knows the neighbourhood) on you tube, the retired cop says when talking to the neighbours they said it was pitch black when the murders were committed, as there was no lights on a sensor or permanent around the road. Apparently people would walk their dogs with a head lamp on. Also, he mentions how icy the road was. When he drove up to the road he said in his 4 wheel drive, he found it difficult and that the students who parked up at the back of the 1122 house would have a nightmare driving down the side of the house in the ice. The night of the murders was known to be really cold, with ice and fog.i find that interesting because according to the affidavit BK drove down that road at high speed. So he took a risk doing that that night....imagine if he had lost control and gone into the side of a house or into a parked car!
If no one has seen this video on you tube I'd highly recommend it, especially as now Google Street View has taken 1122 off. Gives a reallt good picture of the house and how BK could park behind the house and watch them.

Last edited:
I’m interested to know if anyone on here thinks there’s a chance he might plead guilty?
I think it would be a swift U turn from what his defence attorney said when he was arrested to then plead guilty.

I'm also torn between whether he did it or not. I'm sure they will have more DNA evidence than the sheath. I feel that would be pretty easy to attempt to explain away?

Reactions: 4
I’m interested to know if anyone on here thinks there’s a chance he might plead guilty?
In Idaho, the DA has up to six months from the time of arrest to file for the death penalty. Depending how strong their case is, they could use that as leverage to offer a pile deal of life in prison. They could stipulate no parole, as in Idaho, unless the death penalty is on the table, it’s automatic life with parole. So I could see him pleading guilty if he wants to avoid the death penalty and feels the state has a strong enough case to convict.

Reactions: 5
I was watching a true crime thing on Netflix and some young man was beat up by a group of people, they arrested someone due to his DNA being found, turns out he wasn’t even there. They go into the forensics of it all and explain that everything you touch someone else will come along and touch it after, so imagine you wiped your mouth, then picked something up, someone came along two seconds later and touched it, they have your DNA on them etc which can be transferred onto something at a crime scene. It’s uncommon but it happens. It was crazy and does make me think about this sheath, hopefully they have his blood or something elsewhere in the house too.
This documentary was about touch DNA though, they haven't said if the DNA on the sheath is touch DNA (which is problematic) or from saliva, blood etc which is not so easily transferred.

This documentary was about touch DNA though, they haven't said if the DNA on the sheath is touch DNA (which is problematic) or from saliva, blood etc which is not so easily transferred.
Thanks for clarifying, it was a while ago I watched it but it really stuck with me. Yes that’s what I was getting at, no idea what the DNA is but I would hope it was definitely blood or saliva so it’s not problematic as you say. I wouldn’t imagine they would (or even could) make an arrest just with touch DNA though but you never know.

Reactions: 3
I’ve just seen a clip of chatty Kathy Steve goncalves talking about “the fact that Dylan hid” (or something to that effect)… he was defending her of course… but does he know the truth about what happened or does he only know what’s in the affidavit about Dylan? You would think he knows the full facts and he is saying she hid… I’m gonna take it with a pinch of salt obviously until we hear it from official law enforcement but he definitely was saying that Dylan hid.
I do think he knows more as he mentioned Brian was close enough to the house to pick up the wifi signal and in another interview he implied some of the things the killer said were vile or words to that effect. I picked up on it as I thought he only said I’ll help you but he was implying he said a few things I’m presuming this is what Dylan heard. I definitely think there is a lot more to come out

Reactions: 10
I’m sorry but there’s no way he was set up! The police were on him pretty quick. Everything fits- the car, the sheath, the DNA….

Reactions: 23
I’m seeing that they (Goncalves lawyer) are saying Bryan had no links to anyone in the house. I thought Kaylee’s dad originally said he was linked to her but they didn’t want to go into it?

• Wow
Reactions: 3
I honestly don't mean this to sound horrible, but Kaylee's family keep trying to make the whole thing about her and it's like 4 people died that night - I barely hear Ethan or Xana mentioned, it's so sad. If it really was Kaylee that was the target then fair enough I do apologise, but Kaylee's dad keeps saying time and time again, this was targeted, we see links to Kaylee... but also then also saying they're being kept in the dark by the police and finding out stuff at the same time as everyone else. I don't think the police are telling Kaylee's family anything because her dad won't stop talking to the media when they're trying to build a strong case to put the person they think killed his daughter behind bars. Sorry if that came off harsh, I didn't mean it to.

Reactions: 38
I honestly don't mean this to sound horrible, but Kaylee's family keep trying to make the whole thing about her and it's like 4 people died that night - I barely hear Ethan or Xana mentioned, it's so sad. If it really was Kaylee that was the target then fair enough I do apologise, but Kaylee's dad keeps saying time and time again, this was targeted, we see links to Kaylee... but also then also saying they're being kept in the dark by the police and finding out stuff at the same time as everyone else. I don't think the police are telling Kaylee's family anything because her dad won't stop talking to the media when they're trying to build a strong case to put the person they think killed his daughter behind bars. Sorry if that came off harsh, I didn't mean it to.
I couldn’t even imagine losing my child so I completely understand why he may want to speak out due to anger, frustration, hurt, grief etc but I do agree with you. I really hope nothing he has said or done affects the trial in anyway and they can all get justice. When I watched clips of their memorial it was actually Ethan and Maddie that really got me, he was a triplet and she was an only child, can you even imagine that pain for their family. Every clip I’ve seen of Xana really shows what a fun loving girl she was, her voice was so distinctive and she just seemed so full of life. This case has really got to me like no other.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
I hate to look at his face! I scroll past his picture very quickly.
He looks like a guy I worked with for years - also very awkward & strange. I did not like him & the resemblance is uncanny.

I would like to think if I was ever in that situation that I would call the police immediately but who knows.

I'm more confused aa to why he left her and didn't kill her too! Especially as he had seen her???

Was the other roommate in there as well? There were two people downstairs that escaped, is that right?
I think the dog barking lit a fire under his ass & he was intent on getting the hell out of Dodge - too intent on getting out of the house to notice the girl frozen in the doorway - who knows? Perhaps the light wasn’t reaching her in the shadows or maybe she was peering from a cracked door. My impulse in emergencies & in fearful situations is to flee, my body will not remain in a dangerous situation & just acts without waiting for my brain to give an ok. Cowardly perhaps, but I’ve never frozen in place, so I cannot relate to the inaction at all. I also lived in a “party house” back in the day & it’s a wonder I survived those years. I was assaulted twice so I speak from true experiences of terror, and subsequent ptsd that impacted me for years. Twenty years sober now but not so distant that I can’t recall sleeping it off till 3:00 next day. Something like this would have sobered me up fast & sent me out the window to the neighbor’s. None of which is meant as a judgement on her whatsoever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Maybe this is why police said it was targeted - he came to kill specific residents and left 2 behind (1 of which he walked past)

god it’s just awful! To me it sounds like Kaylee and her dog woke up to noises, she went into Maddies room and said ‘there’s someone here’ and then he killed them both in Maddies room - otherwise why would they be sharing a single bed? Doesn’t make much sense!
My thoughts exactly!

Don’t worry Gerard and his beloved animals are heading back to his condo 🙄

62A6C443-E771-49BF-BBF8-AD5D7226792C.png

I saw someone suggesting he was a bot the other day and I’m not entirely sure he isn’t with his bizarre wording of things. One of the replies to this tweet said ‘It’s like pathological liar madlibs at this point.’

I think the attention on Kaylee came from the press too. An attractive curvy blonde young woman who has bikini photos on social media is always going to be a focus of press attention. I think the Goncalves family are grieving and pouring a lot of their grief into trying to advocate for Kaylee and are responding to the press who will be pursuing them to get the headlines. As they are so responsive, whilst the other families appear to be dealing with their grief privately, the press will keep going to them as the world is watching and they want their headlines.

They all break my heart. Ethan has far less press attention as a male and there aren’t as many videos of him going around but he just looks so young and he only turned 20 a few weeks earlier. The thought of one of his triplets arriving at the scene before police got there is awful. That poor lad is not just dealing with severe grief but also what he would have seen when he got to the house. There is one video of Xana where she laughs and it’s such distinctive laugh that it’s stuck in my head, she seemed to be a real joker always making people laugh. Maddie’s videos show her as someone fun loving and her boyfriends speech and those pink cowboy boots in the window make me want to cry. There is also a video of Maddie and Kaylee joking around in a shop where Kaylee is grabbing her arm and can’t stop laughing telling Maddie that she loves her. They all seemed so full of life that it makes what happened seem all the more incomprehensible. So many strangers feel so much sadness for these poor kids, their loved ones must be inconsolable.

4 lovely, fun, young people just starting adulthood, whose lives were stopped in the time that it takes people to have a coffee break. So many friends and families lives changed forever because of one sick bastard.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m not defending BK at all, but I know the police keep saying how he was wearing gloves everywhere after the murders - I’m just wondering could this not also be because he has OCD? (I’ve heard that from a few places that he has OCD/is a germ freak) like if he hadn’t of done what he’d done maybe he wears gloves anyway? Just speculating the more suss part is that he goes to his neighbours to throw his rubbish out 😂

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.