The Lodge Guys #54 Europe beckons, Tattle reckons they’ll be back in 60 seconds!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You can claim back VAT in part or whole depending on what the item is used for - I imagine they will claim everything back on all their camera/videoing equipment and I would imagine they claim back on household/lodge expenses as being their work base- but if they can prove that they only use the van for business use ie only go on 'holiday' to vlog then they could claim all VAT back. If they go out and about in it for a jolly or just to do their grocery shopping but don't vlog, then that is private use and they could only claim back part
---

Unfortunately I just think he is clueless and has no idea what he is talking about, which makes them look even more shady. Neither of them are masters of the English language.
They can only claim back their VAT if they only use the van for business purposes (which seems a stretch) and are VAT registered and you can only register for VAT if you provide a VAT-able supply. Which as far as I can tell, they don’t. So I don’t know how they are fiddling this one. 🧐

Reactions: 3
They can only claim back their VAT if they only use the van for business purposes (which seems a stretch) and are VAT registered and you can only register for VAT if you provide a VAT-able supply. Which as far as I can tell, they don’t. So I don’t know how they are fiddling this one. 🧐

I am guessing they meant vehicle/road tax rather than VAT - they could get away with the van being part of their 'business' - vlogging is their game, van life is part of that - Assuming they are trustworthy and registered as self employed I would imagine they are claiming all sorts of expenses.

Reactions: 2
You can add at least another ten grand to that figure to get even near the real cost. But even if for once they are telling the truth 37 grand is an amazing figure to see them lose when that heap of junk dies at the side of a French motorway.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Jet lag is a killer. duck off Prick. Did you have to get up at 6am to go straight back to work today? Did you duck. Most people don't get the luxury of pissing about doing nothing all day to get over it like you so pipe down you saggy eyed pussy!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I find it hilarious that the time lapse vlog of the van conversion has only had 10k views. Months and months of endless content about this bloody van, the final time lapse vlog should have been the big finale that everyone wanted to watch. But just 10k!! It just confirms that people really aren't interested in it.

It also speaks volumes about how little they know about the Youtube algorithm and SEO after all these years. This should have been their chance to tap into a whole new audience of van lifers, people who have never watched or heard of them before. If they had done that time lapse vlog right, they could have found a whole new audience with Youtube suggesting it to people. They should have been aiming for more like 100k views. There are van conversion time lapses with millions of views! But no, not this pair of useless idiots. Time for the next big idea boys because this one has been an utter (£40k) failure.

Reactions: 9
I find it hilarious that the time lapse vlog of the van conversion has only had 10k views. Months and months of endless content about this bloody van, the final time lapse vlog should have been the big finale that everyone wanted to watch. But just 10k!! It just confirms that people really aren't interested in it.

It also speaks volumes about how little they know about the Youtube algorithm and SEO after all these years. This should have been their chance to tap into a whole new audience of van lifers, people who have never watched or heard of them before. If they had done that time lapse vlog right, they could have found a whole new audience with Youtube suggesting it to people. They should have been aiming for more like 100k views. There are van conversion time lapses with millions of views! But no, not this pair of useless idiots. Time for the next big idea boys because this one has been an utter (£40k) failure.
We watched that the other day, before we started we estimated that 10 of the 18 minutes would be about the curtains. 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I dread to think what hovels the “lodgers” live in if they think the tit mobile is luxurious.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
It’s mind blowing the amount of money they spend and still they have patreon and advertise doing birthdays greeting videos!
So last year…..
Florida x2
France,
Paris Disney,
New car,
Camper van,
Eating out everyday
Etc……….
Got to be getting close to £90k?
Renting out a couple of houses dosent bring that kind of lifestyle to you.scammers!!!!
And that’s not allowing for every day living expenses. Household bills, Etc.
They must have debt. I can’t see YT bringing in masses or the rent each month. They will have tax to pay on their income. Something just doesn’t add up. And living in their static caravan that will be losing money each year and the ground Rent going up. Nope, either we are missing something they do have debt. Do they clear their Credit Card that gets them all the points allegedly, for companion flights and premium or first class seats, every month? I can’t see it myself.

Reactions: 5
One thing I've noticed with the van build: Prick says 'we' he actually means that he did it; Baldy says 'we' - he actually means Prick did it. Either way for Baldy to think that he contributed in any meaningful way towards the build is absolutely hilarious! I'm amazed that even Prick hasn't called him out on it yet.

Reactions: 6
Had to laugh when Lee said that it was good that Nick built it all himself as he knows where everything if anything goes wrong . . . which is exactly why Nick is shitting it about going a proper trip in it, he knows it is barely holding itself together :LOL:
Trying to make the van all incognito and not branding it and black out windows etc and then glue on 2 massive very obvious cameras to the outside. Just screams, please rob me I have valuables!! But don't worry they have deadlock bolts and hidden safe where they are storing their piles of gold

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.