The Last of Us - HBO & Sky Atlantic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just hate how people justify what she did, but demonze Joel.
All the characters are actually terrible people. But they are doing what they have to do to survive. None of them are better than others.

Reactions: 5
I haven’t played the games and these sort of shows really aren’t my thing but I’ve loved this. But both me and my partner thought the finale was crap (altho we seem to be in the miniority) there was sooo many amazing episodes in season 1 that the finale seemed a let down. Looking forward to season 2, even tho I’ve seen spoilers of what’s to come.

Reactions: 2
I haven’t played the games and these sort of shows really aren’t my thing but I’ve loved this. But both me and my partner thought the finale was crap (altho we seem to be in the miniority) there was sooo many amazing episodes in season 1 that the finale seemed a let down. Looking forward to season 2, even tho I’ve seen spoilers of what’s to come.
I didn’t feel it was crap but felt it was slightly rushed. Would have been nice to see a bit more of Joel & Ellie interacting after the events of the episode before. They did manage to cover all of the main game points sufficiently though, just feel some of it could have been fleshed out more for tv.

Reactions: 6
I didn’t feel it was crap but felt it was slightly rushed. Would have been nice to see a bit more of Joel & Ellie interacting after the events of the episode before. They did manage to cover all of the main game points sufficiently though, just feel some of it could have been fleshed out more for tv.
I agree with this. When it ended I was like "what?!" Because I thought it would have been at least an hour. I loved the footage of him saving Ellie though.

Reactions: 5
I really enjoyed how we’ve been rooting for Joel the whole series and watching him soften as he’s grown closer to Ellie and then it just flips and you see how dark and cold he really can be. There’s been hints about how he is not really a good person but you think that now he has found Ellie that he will turn it around and be better but actually, when faced with losing another daughter figure it takes him to the darkest place he’s ever been. Even though Ellie could help the whole world and she herself didn’t want everything she had done to be for nothing he selfishly can’t let her die and is prepared to kill all of these people to get his own way and then lie to her about it.
I can’t wait for season 2, I think you could see at the end that Ellie doesn’t 100% believe Joel but wants to believe him and I guess doesn’t really have any other choice but to stick with him. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic between them changes and if she starts to resent him.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
As someone said earlier, Season two will really show that nobody in this universe is good. They're all horrible human beings. Joel did what he thought was right. And honestly? I can't blame him. Ellie didn't get a choice. Marlene said you know she'd want to do this, well clearly not, since you rushed her into surgery. If you were so sure, you'd ask her if she was willing.

Reactions: 12
I really enjoyed how we’ve been rooting for Joel the whole series and watching him soften as he’s grown closer to Ellie and then it just flips and you see how dark and cold he really can be. There’s been hints about how he is not really a good person but you think that now he has found Ellie that he will turn it around and be better but actually, when faced with losing another daughter figure it takes him to the darkest place he’s ever been. Even though Ellie could help the whole world and she herself didn’t want everything she had done to be for nothing he selfishly can’t let her die and is prepared to kill all of these people to get his own way and then lie to her about it.
I can’t wait for season 2, I think you could see at the end that Ellie doesn’t 100% believe Joel but wants to believe him and I guess doesn’t really have any other choice but to stick with him. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic between them changes and if she starts to resent him.
The director has said Ellie isnt returning for season 2😪

• Haha
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Of course Ellie will be returning, she won't be recast as confirmed by Neil Druckmann and Craig Mazin. There was an interesting bit on the podcast that said testers of the game, 100% of parents said Joel did the right thing and people who weren't was a more split decision.

Reactions: 3
Abby is a mirror image of Joel.

Her story arc is his.

Everything about these games is perspective. Everyone is a hero of their own story while being a villain in someone else's.
If we'd followed Abby from the start we would hate Joel for killing her Dad and want to kill him, like we want to kill her.
That's why it's so brilliant because you're questioning everything, critically considering every decision the characters make.

This series has been phenomenal and I cried buckets this week. Ashley Johnson broke me and I never really recovered 💔

Reactions: 6
Finally finished it. I adored the games.

I think Pedro and Bella have done themselves proud and been a credit to the game. The scenery was bang on. I'd like to have seen some more of the games best bits acted out but that's really my only complaint.

It was so weird hearing Ellie's voice coming out of Anna. She really could have been Bella's Mum.

Reactions: 7
I woke up yesterday morning and was so disappointed that there wasn't going to be a new TLOU episode to watch with my morning brew. This is going to be a long 18-24 months waiting for part 2.

I'm about to start Station 11. Apparently that's supposed to be really good and has a 'how to navigate the end of society' kind of feel to it so I'm hoping that plugs the hole left by TLOU. If Station 11 is crap, I'm moving onto Yellow Jackets.

Reactions: 3