The Last of Us - HBO & Sky Atlantic

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really hope they change the second series , Joel's death in the second game was weak and I bleeping hated Abi so much!!
I really hope they don’t change a single thing.

i can honestly say that was one of the best seasons of a show I’ve ever watched. I’m sad I now have to wait for ages for season 2.

Reactions: 5
Noooo I dislike her so much I hope they cast her better .
No amount of casting can save her. She's a deeply unlikeable character. And the people who love her, sicken me. Hurr muscle mommy blah blah blah. Its all just so cringe.

Reactions: 3
No amount of casting can save her. She's a deeply unlikeable character. And the people who love her, sicken me. Hurr muscle mommy blah blah blah. Its all just so cringe.
If they are going to have her as one of the main characters in series 2 , they should have introduced a bit of her back story in series 1. The none game player fans would have developed an attachment to Joel. Abby suddenly swings in who nobody knows (no character development) and brutally murders him 🤣🤣. I hope the producers learn from the game mistakes of story telling. Pedro Pascal is such an amazing actor people will get pissed off. I don't have a problem he died they live in a post apocalyptic world and he had pissed people off it was more the lack of storytelling beforehand. Abby is also a hateful character so it's hard to feel any sympathy for her , when Ellie let her go she's a much stronger person than me I would have drowned the witch.

Reactions: 2
If they are going to have her as one of the main characters in series 2 , they should have introduced a bit of her back story in series 1. The none game player fans would have developed an attachment to Joel. Abby suddenly swings in who nobody knows (no character development) and brutally murders him 🤣🤣. I hope the producers learn from the game mistakes of story telling. Pedro Pascal is such an amazing actor people will get pissed off. I don't have a problem he died they live in a post apocalyptic world and he had pissed people off it was more the lack of storytelling beforehand. Abby is also a hateful character so it's hard to feel any sympathy for her , when Ellie let her go she's a much stronger person than me I would have drowned the witch.
Bingo. If Abby was introduced in the first game, and this season, we'd may be more welcoming of her. Fact is, her and Joel both murder people! Why is he suddenly the devil but Abby is justified? Joel killed the surgeon because he'd be losing his new daughter. And Abby kills Joel because he murdered her father. They're two sides of the same coin if you want to judge. She's unlikable because she just appears out of bleeping nowhere. I reckon they'll build her up through season 2. And it'll end with her killing Joel. Season 3 will be more of Part 2.

The final episode was so good, I’ve really enjoyed the whole show, just sad it’s done now for a bit. Time to find something new to watch in the meanwhile. 😢

Reactions: 10
The series was fantastic, really did the game justice imo

I read some things apparently will be different in the second series to the game so..
I hope Ellie KILLS Abby, rather than letting her bite two of her fingers off and just escaping like she did. I’d love to change that Joel doesn’t get killed but that won’t happen. I agree with everyone else, we don’t know Abby yet we’re suppose to feel sorry for her??? Nope! I want to see her dead 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
They’ve confirmed we’ll be getting multi seasons of game 2 which is not surprising. I’m really not ready for what’s to come. I woke up so sad today season 1 is over. It was really just so wonderful and just, so good I don’t even have the words.

They’ve confirmed we’ll be getting multi seasons of game 2 which is not surprising. I’m really not ready for what’s to come. I woke up so sad today season 1 is over. It was really just so wonderful and just, so good I don’t even have the words.
I'm going to have to play both games again 🤣

Really loved this entire series, what a great adaptation of Part 1. Finally a video game adaptation that is actually brilliant. I can’t wait to see how they adapt part 2, I’m not sure the format from the game would translate well to a show, it might be a bit convoluted. So it’ll be interesting to see how they tackle it. I trust them with Neil Druckman involved.

Did anyone see the possible Abby Easter egg? For a split second during the hospital shoot out you see someone running off and it looks like they have a braid like Abby’s. Im undecided whether that was actually meant to be her, or if it’s just one of those things they throw in for the game fans to notice. Stuff like that on tv is never done by accident though.

Abby’s game actor was also playing one of the nurses in the operating room.

I really don’t think they can change Joel being murdered. It’s vital to the plot, it’s the whole reason for the existence of the events of Part 2 in the first place. People won’t like it, but you’re not supposed to like it, it’s meant to be harrowing and upsetting.

I also don’t think they can change how it ends either, Ellie letting Abby go is an important moment for Ellie. The realisation that revenge won’t stop the pain it just creates more pain.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Really loved this entire series, what a great adaptation of Part 1. Finally a video game adaptation that is actually brilliant. I can’t wait to see how they adapt part 2, I’m not sure the format from the game would translate well to a show, it might be a bit convoluted. So it’ll be interesting to see how they tackle it. I trust them with Neil Druckman involved.

Did anyone see the possible Abby Easter egg? For a split second during the hospital shoot out you see someone running off and it looks like they have a braid like Abby’s. Im undecided whether that was actually meant to be her, or if it’s just one of those things they throw in for the game fans to notice. Stuff like that on tv is never done by accident though.

Abby’s game actor was also playing one of the nurses in the operating room.

I really don’t think they can change Joel being murdered. It’s vital to the plot, it’s the whole reason for the existence of the events of Part 2 in the first place. People won’t like it, but you’re not supposed to like it, it’s meant to be harrowing and upsetting.

I also don’t think they can change how it ends either, Ellie letting Abby go is an important moment for Ellie. The realisation that revenge won’t stop the pain it just creates more pain.
While I agree, i want Abby to die lol

• Haha
Guess I’m the only one who enjoyed playing as Abby and her relationship with Lev was a highlight of the game. I’m looking forward to seeing what the writers do with her storyline and if they give her backstory depth.

Guess I’m the only one who enjoyed playing as Abby and her relationship with Lev was a highlight of the game. I’m looking forward to seeing what the writers do with her storyline and if they give her backstory depth.
I enjoyed it too. Yes it was sprung on you so you didn't develop that connection. But I did overtime. And they were fighting the same battle, they both did crappy things and neither were good people. The game is all about survival it doesn't matter who you play as.
Her relationship with Lev definitely did humanise her
And I really hope there is a 3rd game

I wholeheartedly agree. A lot of people don't understand the point of her storyline and in turn, the theme of the second game.

Reactions: 2
I hated playing as baby but towards the end I warmed to her, and then anytime after then I preferred playing as her!

i liked her too and think there’s a lot of potential there to grow the character. i just feel for whatever actress they cast as she’s bound to be in for a torrid time!