Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MagpieTree

I was just expecting zombies, not for my heart to be broken by episode 3. I honestly think it was one of the most beautiful episodes of tv I have ever watched!

• Heart
Reactions: 26

ilovegrapes75

Chatty Member
I think the beauty of the show though is having more space to expand upon the story in the game, and to take those extra liberties. ESPECIALLY when it's being done by one of the game creators, it's still true to the game in a way but special.

I've actually been watching after it airs and then again on the weekend with my husband, but I haven't been telling my husband that lol. We have a 3 year old so we never have time to watch TV during the week together and I simply can not wait until the weekend!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23

greenvelvet

VIP Member
It was so nice to see a story of love between older gay men that didn’t have an underlying theme of homophobia and lust. Obviously it was incredibly sad but in a weird way, it felt like the closest characters could get to a happy ending in that world, which you don’t often see in media about men in relationships with other men

I found so much of it really poetic, not even just for a zombie drama but for TV overall. The domestic details, seeing pollen at dusk, being genuinely joyous at eating a good meal, and especially the shot of the window at the end…all the tiny things they appreciated about life despite everything! it was just so good 😢

Reactions: 21

yupyapup

it was absolutely beautiful. I don’t mind they deviated from the game. It was lovely to see their relationship because we didn’t get to see it in the game. Little disappointed we didn’t get to see Bill and Ellie’s scenes though. They done a beautiful job. I absolutely cried my eyes out. Murray Bartlett is absolutely gorgeous. I watched the White Lotus and I actually never appreciated how good looking he is until he played Frank. Nick Offerman was amazing. It was one of the most beautiful episodes of tv I’ve ever watched. If it was a story about a man finding a woman or vice versa it wouldn’t have worked as well i think.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

w8g

VIP Member
I get what you mean. I think we are too conditioned to think zombies = edge of seat, fast paced drama ie The Walking Dead.
If you are familiar with Craig Mazin's other work ie Chernobyl, it was SO good, one of the best shows I have ever watched. But it's quite slow too. The casting and production is top notch. But it is slow paced. And I think there is beauty in that.

Reactions: 18

Bubblemamaa22

Chatty Member
I loved ep. 3. I thought it was a great piece of TV! Can anyone summarise what the differences are (regarding this particular storyline Frank/Bill) in relation to the game? I’m new to it so don’t have a clue how things will play out. I only started watching on a whim and so glad I did!
I haven't seen the episode yet (I save it for Thursdays to watch with my sister). But in the game Bill references a "partner" - someone he had to look after to Joel as he is advising Joel to get rid of Ellie as taking care of someone is a good way to get you killed.
Then later they arrive in a house to find Frank hanging, with bites, so he did it to prevent turning. We never see or meet him alive.
In the house you can find a note to Bill from Frank which is pretty bitter - and you can choose to give it to Bill or not.
Also later Ellie has a stack of loot lifted from Bills which has some more references but I'm kinda hoping they have that scene (in some form) in E4 because its absolutely 🤌🏻

I'm looking forward to seeing the episode, it seems to have divided opinion! 😂 It's certainly brought out the homophobes and the ignorant ones, who insist Bill wasn't gay in the game and the "woke army" have taken over.
Bollocks because, he was, and The Last of Us has multiple characters who are LGBTQ if you pay any attention to the story at all.

There are multiple playthroughs of the game on YouTube if you're hooked but don't play, it's really fun to compare and contrast 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 17

w8g

VIP Member
I don't understand how this is considered a "filler episode" as it is, quite literally, Ellie's backstory of how she got bitten. The whole game/show wouldn't exist if this part of the story didn't happen. How is this filler?

Reactions: 16

Lalalalaaaaaa85

VIP Member
Honestly cannot stop thinking about episode 3 ❤ and to hear my boyfriend telling all his friends to watch it and that it’s the best TV performance he’s seen for years makes me so pleased that on the whole it’s been well received by the game players and straight men.

I follow Nick Offerman and he hasn’t posted about it but people have obviously been using his last post as a place to give feedback. Luckily the majority is great but there are the few homophobic comments 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 16

LaBlonde

VIP Member
Gosh that was spectacular 🥺
it really was, even more so because i wasn’t expecting it :(

someone said it was like the first ten minutes of up but an hour long and with background zombies and it truly was. give nick offerman an emmy! broke my HEART 😭😭😭

• Heart
Reactions: 15

greenvelvet

VIP Member
Just finished that episode…my heart ❤ 😓 I think it’s better than what was in the game...fully heartbroken

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Klaus123

VIP Member
It was brilliant, the best tv I’ve seen seen Stranger Things. I can’t wait for the next ep. Also I’m loving being in Pedro Pascal era, he’s a fantastic actor and also very pleasing to the eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 14

MakeDamnSure

VIP Member
I really enjoyed how we’ve been rooting for Joel the whole series and watching him soften as he’s grown closer to Ellie and then it just flips and you see how dark and cold he really can be. There’s been hints about how he is not really a good person but you think that now he has found Ellie that he will turn it around and be better but actually, when faced with losing another daughter figure it takes him to the darkest place he’s ever been. Even though Ellie could help the whole world and she herself didn’t want everything she had done to be for nothing he selfishly can’t let her die and is prepared to kill all of these people to get his own way and then lie to her about it.
I can’t wait for season 2, I think you could see at the end that Ellie doesn’t 100% believe Joel but wants to believe him and I guess doesn’t really have any other choice but to stick with him. It will be interesting to see how the dynamic between them changes and if she starts to resent him.

• Heart
Reactions: 13