The Kearns #46 Mirror mirror on the wall, where’s the project Sez promised us all?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was totally tagging brands for a freebie!

What a flog. Just buy one. Or a step stool. She is such a scab.

My kids used a dining chair with the back of the chair against the counter so I’m not sure how she thinks they’ll fall into the stove.
I’ve had the same kitchen lay out (minus the shoddy workmanship) and the exact same stove/oven which is absolutely tit, and my kids never had a problem…. And never needed to sit on the bench. 🤮

I’m sure she made that photo black and white to hide the kids filthy feet and to hide the weird meal she was cooking. A wrap with ham and tomato sauce?

Reactions: 14
Why does Teddy move like a toddler? Am I the only one who sees it? His movements are jerky and he just looks like a three year old.

Reactions: 18
Why does Teddy move like a toddler? Am I the only one who sees it? His movements are jerky and he just looks like a three year old.
Because he's just a little bubbah toddlah 🥹

The way she infantilizes these kids is weird. We got rid of our learning tower just after my kid turned 3. We have a little step that he now uses but at he's almost tall enough to not need it now. I guess when your dad is a midget you were always going to be vertically challenged, but a learning tower for these turds is just ridiculous!!

Reactions: 11
Isn't Finn 8 this year and turdy is turning 6, surely there too old for a learning tower. She can't be serious! There is no way I would be eating anything she prepares on that bench knowing those boys stand on it with bare feet. Just revolting.

Reactions: 15
Isn't Finn 8 this year and turdy is turning 6, surely there too old for a learning tower. She can't be serious! There is no way I would be eating anything she prepares on that bench knowing those boys stand on it with bare feet. Just revolting.
I was reading up on learning towers last night, having never used them for my own kids, but can see they're an awesome idea...for toddlers. And this article was really good, about knowing when to transition your child away from the tower, and encouraging independence. Seems like an odd time to be reintroducing one 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

Reactions: 11
It’s the gap between the cupboards & ceiling for me. Gets me every time. So seamless, so luxurious. Exactly what I would want in my own kitchen after paying 1.8 mil for my home.
Kid's stinky school shoe feet on the bench during dinner prep is a huge ick.

Also.... "Hang on Teddy Spageddy.... Mummy just has to set up the camera, so can capture this spontaneous moment."

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I was reading up on learning towers last night, having never used them for my own kids, but can see they're an awesome idea...for toddlers. And this article was really good, about knowing when to transition your child away from the tower, and encouraging independence. Seems like an odd time to be reintroducing one 🤷🏻‍♀️
I never used them either, my children are all in their early, mid and late 30's. I pulled a chair over to the bench if they wanted to help but I was old fashioned and wouldn't let them near a cook top till they were 5. I know my grandchildren have had learning towers, but they were little. I think there an excellent idea, but as usual nigella sozempic has missed the bus by years.

Reactions: 12
In all my years of parenting (and there’s been a few), my children have never, ever, stood on our kitchen bench. Hell would freeze over before I let that happen, am I missing something?

Maybe I’m not a “fun mum” after all 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Here in NZ it's incredibly frowned upon to sit or stand on benches or tables. It makes me want to vomit just thinking about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
In all my years of parenting (and there’s been a few), my children have never, ever, stood on our kitchen bench. Hell would freeze over before I let that happen, am I missing something?

Maybe I’m not a “fun mum” after all 🤣
And not only is she allowing it...it's encouraged 😳

I too must not be a "fun mum", ain't no way that would ever fly with me.

Reactions: 15
Sike!

The tower is for Brandley. So he can reach the stove to cook after his 16 hour day at work because he is sick of eating dry ass chicken.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Add me to the not cool mum pile too. Mine are 18 and 21 now; I've obviously damaged them beyond belief. She's almost choreographed it the head!!

Reactions: 9
Add me to the not cool mum pile too. Mine are 18 and 21 now; I've obviously damaged them beyond belief. She's almost choreographed it the head!!
I bet you shopped at Big W aswell... your poor children having to experience so much trauma in their lives! ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Of all the “risky” things she lets the kids do, she’s worried about presumably supervised use of the stove while using a stool? Seemingly it’s not the stove she’s worried about, just the type of stool? They’re either old enough to use it safely, or they’re not. I’ve never seen my kids put their hands down next to the stove. Chairs have backs on them anyway? Turn it whichever way you think is most useful.

Agree that she’s run out of tit to spend money on.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.