The Ingham Family #53 Chris looks like he used to be in a gang but now helps people.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know, I think we’re all a bit hard on Isla.
I mean, realistically she only acts about 4-5 years younger than she is. Her father on the other hand has got over two decades of growing up to do 😛

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
I was just thinking on yesterday's vlog that Isla's teeth look quite yellow. I'm sure she doesn't brush them enough given the amount of sugar she eats.
I was thinking that too. They aren't growing in very well either. Is already developing an over bite but all of her teeth probably haven't fallen out yet. She is definitely going to need braces and those things cost money! I know I just went thru that with my daughter

Reactions: 3
I was thinking that too. They aren't growing in very well either. Is already developing an over bite but all of her teeth probably haven't fallen out yet. She is definitely going to need braces and those things cost money! I know I just went thru that with my daughter
Not in the UK they don't, you get them fitted for free as a child under the NHS

Reactions: 11
Braces are free for children. I had one in school. You don’t pay for any dentistry until you leave school.

Reactions: 6
Not in the UK they don't, you get them fitted for free as a child under the NHS
Really? Wow that's great. Here in America they cost 5,000$. On a payment plan of course but I have another daughter who is probably going to need them too.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
You know, I think we’re all a bit hard on Isla.
I mean, realistically she only acts about 4-5 years younger than she is. Her father on the other hand has got over two decades of growing up to do 😛
Thing is Isla is a child and as parents they could be resolving her behaviour. Creepy on the other hand is an adult(using that term very a lot loosely) and only he can grow up and be an adult!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Really? Wow that's great. Here in America they cost 5,000$. On a payment plan of course but I have another daughter who is probably going to need them too.
Sorry didn’t realise you were in the states. Yeah, well mine was a retainer but never had to pay a penny. It did take a long waiting list though but obviously that is fine since your getting so much for free

That’s not true for every case now,if you don’t fit the criteria you have to pay
Children under 18 in full time education never pay for dental treatment. I've never known parents having to pay for their kids having braces. Adults yes, but kids no

"The NHS contract for orthodontics funds all braces, adjustments and repairs required during the entire treatment. The only exception is the charge for replacement of removable braces lost or damaged beyond repair. It is not permitted to charge patients under the age of 18 for a brace or any part of the treatment, nor to insist that part of the treatment is undertaken privately before acceptance as an NHS patient. Any such practice is a serious breach of NHS rules which renders the orthodontist/dentist liable to disciplinary action if reported to the local PCT/Health Board or the General Dental Council" - taken from the British Orthodontic society website

Reactions: 12
Children under 18 in full time education never pay for dental treatment. I've never known parents having to pay for their kids having braces. Adults yes, but kids no
Tilly is right. If your children's teeth aren't deemed bad enough, you have to pay. I know, because we have to pay ££££ for my daughter.

Reactions: 8
If it’s classed as just for cosmetic reasons they won’t cover it now,my friends son had to pay over £2000 when my sons was free

Tilly is right. If your children's teeth aren't deemed bad enough, you have to pay. I know, because we have to pay ££££ for my daughter.
My son got them free my daughter won’t

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If it’s classed as just for cosmetic reasons they won’t cover it now,my friends son had to pay over £2000 when my sons was free
Wow! Surely unless it's restricting your ability to eat or you're in pain, it would always be for cosmetic reasons?

Reactions: 5

My son got them free my daughter won’t
Is this a recent thing? I had braces 15 years ago and my teeth werent bad, mainly my 'fang teeth' (can't think of the right name!) Needed dropping and I didn't have to pay for mine.

Wow! Surely unless it's restricting your ability to eat or you're in pain, it would always be for cosmetic reasons?
Over bites and teeth in wrong position all need fixing,not a lot of people realise you might have to pay till your in that position it’s wrong I think

Is this a recent thing? I had braces 15 years ago and my teeth werent bad, mainly my 'fang teeth' (can't think of the right name!) Needed dropping and I didn't have to pay for mine.
I first found out about it about 7 years ago

Reactions: 2
Thing is Isla is a child and as parents they could be resolving her behaviour. Creepy on the other hand is an adult(using that term very a lot loosely) and only he can grow up and be an adult!
I know. Was just a joke. They could do a lot to help her but my guess is giving in is less effort.

Reactions: 7
Over bites and teeth in wrong position all need fixing,not a lot of people realise you might have to pay till your in that position it’s wrong I think

I first found out about it about 7 years ago
My daughter had braces fitted 2yrs ago and never had to pay a penny. She even got to choose different colours.
My youngest had been told she will need braces too, but doesn’t need to pay.

I’m sure Islas school won’t hold her back a year, otherwise you are stuck with another year having to deal with the parents 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8

"The NHS contract for orthodontics funds all braces, adjustments and repairs required during the entire treatment. The only exception is the charge for replacement of removable braces lost or damaged beyond repair. It is not permitted to charge patients under the age of 18 for a brace or any part of the treatment, nor to insist that part of the treatment is undertaken privately before acceptance as an NHS patient. Any such practice is a serious breach of NHS rules which renders the orthodontist/dentist liable to disciplinary action if reported to the local PCT/Health Board or the General Dental Council" - taken from the British Orthodontic society website
They get put a waiting list in my area, my son has been on it 3years by the time he gets to the top he will be an adult or they tell you can pay about 3 grand to bump them up the list

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.