Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Sorry, I apologise if I'm coming across as being ignorant, but I'm just trying to understand.
I was always under the impression that children taken out of the education system to be homeschooled were monitored more closely than children in a school setting. Surely because Jace and Mila are not registered for nursery or school would that not automatically be questioned by authorities? I'm struggling to understand purely because if a child is being abused, the child's abuser could use homeschooling as a cover so the child in question doesn't get checked???? I apologise to genuine home educators as I think done properly home education is amazing. I ask this because I watched a vlogger who home educated their child due to severe bullying, and every few months, they had appointments with the local education authority checking that they were teaching what they should and work was being done properly, they never filmed the meetings, but the parents were always saying, we have an education meeting today to check what we are doing, then after the meeting they said oh it went like this, then they explained if they were doing thing right and if they needed to polish up on certain bits and pieces. The ingham girls you never hear anything like that from them, and I don't understand how they get away with going away for months at a time. In my mind,children that are homeschooled should be monitored just as much as children who are in a school setting if not more. Sorry if I sound ignorant, I'm just trying to understand.
I’m not sure on how local authorities check on children’s progress if they’re being educated at home. Parents now have until the term after the child turns 5 to put them into a school setting.

Reactions: 6

MissWinnie

VIP Member
I used one of the Schengen trip calculators that you can use to calculate your 90/180 days and plugged in rough dates for their last europe van trip and the one they did to spain and it told me they would be fine for this trip.

My other half spent 90 days straight in Europe and came home in November and can go back over now as he’s been home 90 days.

It’s definitely confusing but the online calculators say they have a whole new 90 days basically now if you put their older trips in. Assuming because it’s a “rolling 180 days” so 180 days back from their approx entry date on this trip is the start of august. I reckon they used around 60 days on the summer van trip so would have 30 left, but as it’s a rolling 180 by the time they’ve used those days they have another 20 odd days to play with as those first few weeks of the van life trip won’t be within the 180 days any more.

I think they were originally planning this sooner but had to postpone it to allow more Schengen time.
It’s all confusing 🤣 the website I read said if you go for 90 days, you cannot reenter for 90 days and nothing about rolling 180 days but what you’ve said looks to be more accurate & makes sense with them holding off travelling. Perhaps not a bad thing though as they could drive their views down further and quicker if they do the countless holidays again this year!

12,227 views at 00:50am UK time

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

Tilly Kister

VIP Member
Do they get a view if you pause the commercial as soon as it starts, just to read the comments?

If so, i will give them that view just to say thank you for the laughing fit this exchange gave me.

Awesome from berby
Where berby

You guyssss, where berby?

View attachment 1965676
Just get an ad blocker. If you're using an Android watch YouTube through a browser not the app and you can use Adblocker which is free. If you're on an iPhone they have their own and so does Samsung Galaxy.

Reactions: 5