Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Joris Bobson

VIP Member
24 HOURS IN A HUGE WINTER STORM | WINTER VAN LIFE NORWAY

The twats are back. I was hoping they had signal problems and wouldn’t upload for a few days. No such luck today. I’ll have to pray harder next time 😂.

Van door opened. Isabelle says it’s a blizzard and they’re stuck at the petrol station. The snow is thick. She and the girls are running to the toilet. They came out to go to the toilet last night and it was bad. Couldn’t they have used the soooper doooper bathroom Creepstopher built? This is Isabelle’s favourite stop of the trip - a random petrol station. Drone.

Creepstopher gets another shot of the petrol station and snow. The day started in a blizzard. It comes in for an hour and then they get a break. There is a fat cloud coming in. He doesn’t know where they are. The cloud is about to dump snow. The van is buried. “A lot of centimetres are due” tonight, 30cm according to the app. The app has always been wrong. They’re hoping to cross into Sweden today for fun winter activities. He needs to get in the van to sort things so they can leave. His uggs are keeping his bunions warm.

Lazy hasn’t been cold on this trip but is now freezing. They turn off the diesel heater whilst they drive. Everyone else is fine. Creepstopher is outside fighting with the snow. The crunching ice makes him cringe. They had an argument because he doesn’t think they should drive in this weather, which is due to be like this for 10 days. Lazy isn’t going to sit in the garage for 10 days.

Three seconds into the drive they hit an obstacle as they cannot work out where the road is. Creepstopher gets out and finds it. Driving.

Lazy wonders why tractors stop and plough through the snow every so often. Comment below if you’re Norwegian and know. Lazy points at a frozen river and cackles. It would be dangerous if you went sledging. Cackling at Creepstopher spraying de-icer on the wipers. You can’t see the sides of the road and the windscreen wipers are frozen ice blocks. People always stop and ask if they need help. Probably have a good chuckle about the state of the van too. The de-icer spray doesn’t help. Visibility is very poor. Another stop for de-icer.

Creepstopher shows us the state of the road. There is a big build up of ice and snow on the windscreen wipers and de-icing fluid is not working. He’s heating up water to pour on. A second later Lazy shows us no one is around and the blizzard has stopped. It’s the most beautiful place in the world. The trees go on for miles and miles and miles. Drone and driving.

Lazy is upset with Creepstopher for making her film him driving past. She is frozen. Driving whilst holding the camera out of the window. Lazy cannot believe how beautiful it is. They’ve entered Nord Norge. Photo. Drive past. Creepstopher reverses to get Lazy. Cackle.

The Inghams have reached the part of the road where it turns east towards the border with Sweden. They have come to a Coop Prix. He prefers the extra. Coops are mega in Norway and sell everything. Creepstopher films the doughnuts. Lazy only gets what they need and pay. He always moans about the apples. Driving. Cackling about a frozen lake that looks like a field.

Driving. Visibility is even worse than before. It’s practically non-existent. Shot of the van parked at a restaurant. Creepstopher walks in with the camera and heads over to Lazy and the kids, who are sat at a table. They spent so much time in the van they decided to coke out for dinner. It’s a pizzeria. The view outside is adorable and reminds her of her jigsaw. Mila is climbing out of the high chair. Lazy takes her out so she can run around. Mila stands on a step but no one is near her in case she falls. Mother of the year films her from a table several metres away and says it’s a bit high. King Jace wants to go and help her but she tells him to sit down. Mila sits down to get down the step. King Jace ignores Lazy and goes over to Mila anyway. Lazy asks Mila if she’ll hold his hand. King Jace starts roaring and growling at his sister and chases her, almost punching her off the step. He is told to be careful. He practically yanks Mila off the step and she almost falls. Then he returns to the table for Rock Paper Scissors with Esme. Mila is back on the step but gets down by herself absolutely fine. Shot of the pizzas and chips.

Dinner was lovely. The whole town was there when the Inghams left. They’re 40 minutes from the Swedish border. Isla is trying to eat the snow as it falls. One minute it’s perfectly calm but then it’s a blizzard but that’s the law of the land here. The snow is not stopping. They have pulled over so Creepstopher can get the ice off the windscreen wipers. They cannot see anything. The snow is deep. They need boiled warmed water to get the ice off. They really didn’t think this trip through.

Time for Creepstopher’s favourite time of day - fuel stop. Lazy films a house in the distance with lamps in the windows. They have lamps on even with the main light on. She learned today from an ifam it’s to help sailors out at sea. The fuel pump is frozen and gets stuck to the van. Creepstopher has to pull for five min and finally gets it out. Cackle. It’s -10°. Lazy loves learning and chatting with the girls about quirky traditions countries have.

Home for the night is in the middle of a forest. Creepstopher reverses in. Lazy is terrified. Creepstopher shows the weather station that says it’s -7° outside but 19° in the van. It also says it’s 2:12 am. The cups of teas are on the go. Creepstopher had his snood on. There is nothing but forest and snow around. The diesel heater will be busting it all night. They are in Sweden and have lots of winter activities coming with not much driving. It will be so fun. So much cool stuff is coming up. Their route takes them into Sweden, up into the Arctic Circle in Sweden, through Swedish Lapland and into Norway at the top to very very special places to finish their trip. They want to cover both countries on the same trip. I bet their suspension will break on the trip.

End of vlog
View attachment 1955742View attachment 1955745View attachment 1955780
View attachment 1955750View attachment 1955751View attachment 1955765View attachment 1955767View attachment 1955763View attachment 1955760View attachment 1955777
How are they getting back? The same way? Christ. Absolute idiots

Reactions: 5

Starlight_100

Chatty Member
[
No age limit here in the UK for front seat travel. My son rear faced in the front seat from birth. You must follow the car manual though as not all front passenger seats allow child car seats (if there is an airbag it’s a no go for rear facing for example)

A child must travel with a child seat if under 12/135cm though whether in the front or back unless there is no space to fit a 3rd child seat in the middle where a child over 3yrs can travel without a car seat in the rear of a car.
Oh that is different to what I read. I read that children had to be 12 to ride in the front seat for safety reasons and that children under 135cm could only ride without a car seat if they are in a vehicle such as a taxi, bus or coach where a car seat isn't usually used or the vehicle only has a lap belt as booster seats can't be used without a shoulder belt. I probably read the wrong thing, but personally for me I wouldn't allow a young child to ride in the front seat as I don't think it is safe even if there is no airbag. You just never know what could happen.

Reactions: 4

choochie

It's behind the scenes, but the boy band have a MASSIVE following and they will have deliberately used BTS to try and get some accidental viewers.
Thought you'd all like to see this. She's just posted a reply in a group I'm in where someone has asked if family travel bloggers can make a living by travelling and blogging
Daft bint probably included the £ sign in thr five figures

• Haha
Reactions: 4

YouTube

Tattle bot
The Ingham Family posted:
Sarah just suits Lapland! ❄ 😍 Full video tomorrow night at 5pm! Ur not ready! #lapland #shorts
maxresdefault.jpg

YouTube

Reactions: 3